[Q] Nexus7 fully bricked with APX mode Only

Search This thread

37nook

Oct 10, 2013
For updating to android 4.3 , I flashed my N7.
I download the package the factory image from Google .
I entered the fastboot and do things following:
Code:
fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot erase system
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-flo-flo-03.14.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader
ping -n 5 127.0.0.1 >nul
fastboot -w update image-razor-jss15r.zip
when it come to
Code:
there is a warning about the bootloader
At this time ,bootloader seems didn't chaged , it's still grouper not flo.
I modified the android-info.txt to cheat the program and the tragedy start.
The windows remind me there is 6 unknown device. And then it fully bricked.

Now, When I turn on the N7, the screen stay blank.
APX device appear while connect to PC.
Can't enter fastboot mode ,can't enter recovery. even the screen can't be lighten.

Anyone else meet the same trouble or someone can help?

Before this, I have had try the follow tools.
The Nexus7 toolkit--won't work
tegra-android-developer-pack from nvidia website tegra developer tools --won't work

nvflash and wheelie from androidroot.mobi --can't work --(It's a rediculous project I think, If the fastboot work,why we need to flash rom via nvflash)

AndDiSa

Dec 2, 2009
Heidelberg
HTC Desire
Nexus 7
Sorry, but if you really flashed the files above, you have bricked your N7 completely. Probably you should have looked around and informed yourself before starting to flash files which are not compatible with the N7.

Btw. if you had used wheelie before, you would have some recovery files and you would be able to recover yourself from the brick. So it's not a ridiculous project at all.

Erovia

Sep 16, 2012
I thought it's common sense to read, read, read and read a bit more faqs/how-tos/guides before doing anything to a device.
First of all, 'grouper' is the codename of the 1st gen N7 Wi-Fi (the 2012 model) while 'flo' is the 2nd gen N7 (2013 model), so you can't flash ones image to the other device.
Secondly, your device might be saved, but only if you still can access it with fastboot. If so, then flash the proper images for your device using a toolkit or a guide, if not, then you have a nice paperweight.

GedBlake

Jan 5, 2013
Ashton-under-Lyne, Manchester, UK
Code:
fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot erase system
fastboot erase userdata
ping -n 5 127.0.0.1 >nul
when it come to
Code:

Can't enter fastboot mode ,can't enter recovery. even the screen can't be lighten.

tegra-android-developer-pack from nvidia website tegra developer tools --won't work

nvflash and wheelie from androidroot.mobi --can't work --(It's a rediculous project I think, If the fastboot work,why we need to flash rom via nvflash)

This is a text book example of what happens when people don't read enough, and don't fully understand what they're doing. And it's not as if there aren't enough guides and how-to's here on XDA... and even on other forums!

Hi, 37nook...

You have almost certainly over-written your bootloader with a completely incompatible version designed for a different tablet (2nd gen Nexus 7)... and thus you are hardbricked. This is why you can't access fastboot mode and why your tablet defaults to APX mode when you hook it up to your PC.

And unless you had at some point run the flatline procedure BEFORE being bricked, your tablet is unrecoverable.

Regarding flatline (nvFlash) itself, it's designed, primarily as an emergency recovery measure... and not as a replacement for fastboot, as you seem to suggest in your post. It's preemptive and needs to have been executed before being 'bricked' in order to generate your own unique 'wheelie blobs', which are created on a per-device basis. Without these, nvFlash alone is useless.

It's not much comfort, I know... but I can only suggest you chalk this down to experience, and next time, with whatever tablet/phone you next end up with.... PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT YOUR DOING, AND READ EVERYTHING, and if you're still a little unsure... POST A QUESTION. Better to feel like you're asking a dumb question (which might not be so dumb), than end up with an expensive paperweight:(.

Rgrds,
Ged.

Last edited:
Reactions: Khaiyan

37nook

Oct 10, 2013
Sorry, but if you really flashed the files above, you have bricked your N7 completely. Probably you should have looked around and informed yourself before starting to flash files which are not compatible with the N7.

Btw. if you had used wheelie before, you would have some recovery files and you would be able to recover yourself from the brick. So it's not a ridiculous project at all.

nvflash is not a good choice for one to flash his device because of higher risk.
there is too many tools available with a lower risk.
That's the reason I didn't use wheelie before.
You are right, I am a very impatient person, and now I get a lesson.

37nook

Oct 10, 2013
I thought it's common sense to read, read, read and read a bit more faqs/how-tos/guides before doing anything to a device.
First of all, 'grouper' is the codename of the 1st gen N7 Wi-Fi (the 2012 model) while 'flo' is the 2nd gen N7 (2013 model), so you can't flash ones image to the other device.
Secondly, your device might be saved, but only if you still can access it with fastboot. If so, then flash the proper images for your device using a toolkit or a guide, if not, then you have a nice paperweight.

It's actually a nice paperweight now.
Thank you for your reply which tells me where I went wrong.
It's a really serious mistake, and it's also a painful story.
I can't access it with fastboot ,so said.

37nook

Oct 10, 2013
This is a text book example of what happens when people don't read enough, and don't fully understand what they're doing. And it's not as if there aren't enough guides and how-to's here on XDA... and even on other forums!

Hi, 37nook...

You have almost certainly over-written your bootloader with a completely incompatible version designed for a different tablet (2nd gen Nexus 7)... and thus you are hardbricked. This is why you can't access fastboot mode and why your tablet defaults to APX mode when you hook it up to your PC.

And unless you had at some point run thev flatline procedure BEFORE being bricked, your tablet is unrecoverable.

Regarding flatline (nvFlash) itself, it's designed, primarily as an emergency recovery measure... and not as a replacement for fastboot, as you seem to suggest in your post. It's preemptive and needs to have been executed before being 'bricked' in order to generate your own unique 'wheelie blobs', which are created on a per-device basis. Without these, nvFlash alone is useless.

It's not much comfort, I know... but I can only suggest you chalk this down to experience, and next time, with whatever tablet/phone you next end up with.... PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT YOUR DOING, AND READ EVERYTHING, and if you're still a little unsure... POST A QUESTION. Better to feel like you're asking a dumb question (which might not be so dumb), than end up with an expensive paperweight:(.

Rgrds,
Ged.

Thank you for your suggestion
There is still a question
I actually run these code twice.
First time a got a warning. because of the file content of android-info.txt in image-razor-jss15r.zip
the code
Code:
must have been executed, and the bootloader is still grouper.
means the code
Code:
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-flo-flo-03.14_img
didn't work
And the second time
Code:
led to the tragedy because I modified the android-info_txt in image-razor-jss15r_zip
What happened in updating image-razor-jss15r_zip ?

GedBlake

Jan 5, 2013
Ashton-under-Lyne, Manchester, UK
Thank you for your suggestion
There is still a question
I actually run these code twice.
First time a got a warning. because of the file content of android-info.txt in image-razor-jss15r.zip
the code
Code:
must have been executed, and the bootloader is still grouper.
means the code
Code:
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-flo-flo-03.14_img
didn't work
And the second time
Code:
led to the tragedy because I modified the android-info_txt in image-razor-jss15r_zip
What happened in updating image-razor-jss15r_zip ?

That is indeed puzzling... if after flashing the incorrect bootloader, and the bootloader is still showing as 'grouper' AFTER fastboot reboot-bootloader, then I'm puzzled.

I'm also further puzzled, that the rest of the flash went ahead... seemingly successfully. I know on my 'grouper', when fastboot flashing back to factory stock... if the bootloader isn't the correct version (for that version of factory stock), the flash aborts with the message 'Incorrect bootloader version'. I'm not sufficiently knowledgable though, concerning the specific details of the second gen Nexus 7 and it's associated stock factory images, to make further comment.

It's just possible (though unlikely), you might just be stuck in APX mode, instead of having a corrupted bootloader.

I assume you've tried all the usual button press combos... detailed here.

If you can boot into the bootloader, your Nexus 7 is recoverable... though I'm not optimistic:(.

Rgrds,
Ged.

funkyo0o

Feb 19, 2014
Hard Bricked Nexus 7 2012 Wifi NVFlash tool reports "uknown device found"

I just need to know and maybe need help modifying the adb/fb/apx android_apxusb.inf file more specifically targeted toward the nexus 7 for windows xp, my tablet does not boot into fastboot mode so fastboot.exe and adb.exe commands for reviving my tablet is out of the question.The nvflash tool in apx mode would be my only hope as the tablet stays with black screen and does not even show battery icon of it charging.I have been searching day and night for a solution and nothing.I have tried all the button combinations for the weird amount of seconds blah blah and nothing, i have tried everything, believe me...nvflash would be my only hope.I do not have any backed up blob.bin files so I can not use wheelie.exe I even tried someone elses blob.bin but no It is because the uid is unique I understand, I even opened the blob.bin file with notepad and supplied my CSSN code and the first part worked but the next part stumped me.... the rcm version part.I have the Secure Boot Key generated by supplying the CSSN of device in blackthunders tool so I want to run NVFlash.exe --bl bootloader-grouper-4.18.img --sbk 0x10117000 0x761CD506 0x7EE73604 0xBE055203 --sync.I have tried the universal naked drivers 0.73 but "ASUS Transformer Prime APX Interface" shows up in device manager after modifying the android_apxusb.inf file and supplying it the "Hardware device id" from device mamager by right clicking selecting properties etc;.Could there be an entry I could put in the android_apxusb.inf file for nexus 7 that nvflash.exe would not report "Uknown Device Found" and would recognize my nexus 7?.I did get the "ASUS Transformer Prime APX Interface" succesfully installed but nvflash is whining about the device being unknown.Furthermore I would like to make clear that the were no exclamation yellow triangles or anything and the device reported as working properly in device manager.I dearly would appreciate some insight into this.This all happpened on a personal quest to flash another kernel.Sequentially I use "TWRP" to wipe everything that they suggest you wipe" Davlik cache", "data", and two others, but after I wiped them I noticed that those were recommended to be wiped for flashing another ROM.I read just a little more down in the webpage that for flashing a kernel I only needed to wipe Davlik Cache and Data.I restarted the tablet and bam! bootloop.The android colorful spheres and no further.To recover from this I used Skip's Nexus v1.8.0 used the Soft-Bricked Bootloop option on the middle right of the tool's GUI hit the Flash Stock+Unroot buttton and let it run.I would let it run then it would take to long and appear to not progress so I stopped it and re ran it.This happened a few times but I finallly got it to complete, and after the toolkit rebooted my device i saw the "GOOGLE" Text when device booted.I waited for about 2 minutes and I saw it was not getting anywhere so I powered the Nexus 7 device off.
Next thing I did was press power button and nothing.I have tried everyhing, I assume that the solution would be nvflash and a cutomized .INF file pin point targted specifically for the nexus 7 2012 WiFi only tablet.Please help me, if there is no special APXInterface entrie i can edit the android_apxusb.inf file to help nvflash detect my device then it is game over for me.LOL I have seen many people post with a similar and identical poblem that have given up but I'm determned.LOL

Reactions: KLAG

funkyo0o

Feb 19, 2014
Begining to think that it has to do with the nvflash.exe version is why.

After downloading another nvflash.exe with it's acompanying .dll's I found a nvflash program that executed and did not display the familiar "unknown device found" error message.I did it with the "NVidia USB Recovery mode for mobile" driver, nothing fancy.I was surprised that that nvflash version at least ran.The nvflash version i used is the nvflashtf201which is the Tegra3 ICS nvflash.I run that version of nvflash and I at least get this message in the command prompt on Windows XP sp3 after issuing a "harmless" nvflash --sync command.

Nvflash v1.13.87205 started
chip uid from BR is: 0x0000000000000000015d483bd137ec12
rcm version 0X4
Command send failed (usb write failed)

I googled around and some people say that it is because the bootloader is locked, and other say it is because the SBK version is 2 or higher or somthing if im not mistaken.As far as I know is that before I got the gadget hard bricked the boot loader was unlocked.I have even gone as far as to reformating my other computer and installing Unity Linux just to get my device accepting the nvflash commands I have configured the "rules.d" files to what "lsusb" shows I have tried different versions of nvflash like from upload sites and even from nvidias site even tried a newer cable (the newer cable works better but the old one still works)., I downloaded the "Cardhu" "Jelly Bean" stuff from the Tegra Android Development Pack 2.0r6 ( not 2.0r7 because the Tegra Android Development Pack 2.0r7 gives me an md5 hash blah blah error and would not install). The Tegra Android Development Pack 2.0r6 comes with nvflash.The reason I downloaded it was just to get nvflash.I do not have any blob files backed up, I only have the SBK from the chip uid of my device thus would like to try and get a hold of an nvflash in which the "--sbk" command parameter has not been deprecated.I understand that maybe i might not get lucky as the the newer nvflash programs might all have the "--sbk" parameter neutered as well as a few more command parameters.So does anyone know if there is a nvflash version that has the -"--sbk" command paramete support so that I can test and verify if the failed error message above if because I did not supply the program a Secure Boot Key or am I wrong about thinking I need to supply nvflash with a Secure Boot Key in this newer version given the program has a recent algorithm given the program found my devices chip uid as shown in the comman line output above? If thers nothing I can do then can some one comfirm.If there is another nvflash binary that is Tegra3 ICS and has the "--sbk" parameter then point me to where I can find it, or pm me. Thanks

funkyo0o

Feb 19, 2014
I am almost giving up.

I have been trying to run the tools to check the SBK version.I have read and understand that the reason that I get that usb write error is because of 1.) a locked bootloader. 2.) the SBK version. and the other reasons I am not familiar with.I do not know how to unock the bootloader from APX mode(If that's possible at all.)I did have the bootloader unlocked before running the Nexus 7 toolkit v1.8.0.The option that I ran before my tablet got hosed was the option in the toolkit "Back to Stock" "Current status:" which I had the Soft-Bricked/Bootloop" option selected under the "Flash Stock + Unroot" button which I pressed. After the latter process was finished it rebooted my tablet did it's magic(as I could not see a better way to recover my tablet from the anterior soft brick event which happened before I was led to this process by trying to flash Faux123 kernel) my tablet got stuck at the "Google" with white text and all black screen.The tablet took to long to boot (more then a minute )so I shut it down with the power button.I went to power it on by pressing power button and WALA! hard bricked i'm hosed.The tablet does not boot into fastboot or anything. I cannot use ADB or fastboot either, just the complicated APX mode.I wish tablets were reformatable like computers.But back to the reason for the post;I ran the sbkchek tool and I get a "Segmentation Fault" error.I see many indiviuals in this forum had success running the tool.I am on a 32bit pc with Unity Linux OS.I tried a live cd with Puppy Linux and same error.I tried running the SBKDetect tool that downloaded these forums and the Live CD gives me the "cannot execute binary file" even though it is flagged executable or whatever(I'm not familiar with linux pardon the pun)".I am gonna try to run the tool on Unity Linux and see if I have success but I doubt it will work.Does anyone know if the 2012's Nexus 7 SBK version is SBKv1 or SBKv2?If there are different versions im not sure.I am guessing that the newer than 2012 versions of Nexus 7 have a different SBK version then the earlier ones.I have a question.Could the process of finishing the Nexus 7 Toolkit's "Flash Stock + Unroot" process have changed my bootloader to a locked bootloader and that's why i am getting the RCM Version 0x4 Cannot (Write to USB) error? If it is then what good is it to me if Icannot unlock the bootloader from APX mode? It's a dawg gone shame becuase I have the SBK.Can some one give me some insight or confused dog the right way.lol?

mzanette

Sep 19, 2012
Richmond Hill
I have been trying to run the tools to check the SBK version.I have read and understand that the reason that I get that usb write error is because of 1.) a locked bootloader. 2.) the SBK version. and the other reasons I am not familiar with.I do not know how to unock the bootloader from APX mode(If that's possible at all.)I did have the bootloader unlocked before running the Nexus 7 toolkit v1.8.0.The option that I ran before my tablet got hosed was the option in the toolkit "Back to Stock" "Current status:" which I had the Soft-Bricked/Bootloop" option selected under the "Flash Stock + Unroot" button which I pressed. After the latter process was finished it rebooted my tablet did it's magic(as I could not see a better way to recover my tablet from the anterior soft brick event which happened before I was led to this process by trying to flash Faux123 kernel) my tablet got stuck at the "Google" with white text and all black screen.The tablet took to long to boot (more then a minute )so I shut it down with the power button.I went to power it on by pressing power button and WALA! hard bricked i'm hosed.The tablet does not boot into fastboot or anything. I cannot use ADB or fastboot either, just the complicated APX mode.I wish tablets were reformatable like computers.But back to the reason for the post;I ran the sbkchek tool and I get a "Segmentation Fault" error.I see many indiviuals in this forum had success running the tool.I am on a 32bit pc with Unity Linux OS.I tried a live cd with Puppy Linux and same error.I tried running the SBKDetect tool that downloaded these forums and the Live CD gives me the "cannot execute binary file" even though it is flagged executable or whatever(I'm not familiar with linux pardon the pun)".I am gonna try to run the tool on Unity Linux and see if I have success but I doubt it will work.Does anyone know if the 2012's Nexus 7 SBK version is SBKv1 or SBKv2?If there are different versions im not sure.I am guessing that the newer than 2012 versions of Nexus 7 have a different SBK version then the earlier ones.I have a question.Could the process of finishing the Nexus 7 Toolkit's "Flash Stock + Unroot" process have changed my bootloader to a locked bootloader and that's why i am getting the RCM Version 0x4 Cannot (Write to USB) error? If it is then what good is it to me if Icannot unlock the bootloader from APX mode? It's a dawg gone shame becuase I have the SBK.Can some one give me some insight or confused dog the right way.lol?

I'm in the exact same situation. Nexus 7 2012 hard bricked, shows up in windows with APX driver. Nothing on the screen (stays dark). I have another blob.bin file from my Nexus 7 (bricked one is a friends), but I don't know how to go about modifying blob.bin, if it's even possible, or even finding out this device's SBK. Wish there was a way.

funkyo0o

Feb 19, 2014
Blob.bin files are encrypted I think.

I'm in the exact same situation. Nexus 7 2012 hard bricked, shows up in windows with APX driver. Nothing on the screen (stays dark). I have another blob.bin file from my Nexus 7 (bricked one is a friends), but I don't know how to go about modifying blob.bin, if it's even possible, or even finding out this device's SBK. Wish there was a way.

Right.I have tried modifying the blob file but I think it would not work.I have not studied nor am I ever gonna reverse engineer a closed source program, nor am I a cryptographer, but nvflash uses some bit strength of encryption to genrate that blob.Since it is encrypted and it would be defeating the purpose of an encryption algorithm existing at all(unless it is a "Proof Of Concept" cracked cypher like WEP) to always generate the same "blob" of "pseudo random data"; and aside from defeating the purpose dumb if it did;Then my guess would be that the probabilty is low to none.But you sure can use the "CSSN" number or "UID" on the box your device came in or a sticker inside your device, then get the "SBCalcv1.1.zip" tool (you should be able to easily find if you google it.There is a link in these forums) and follow the intuitive graphical user interface and it will calculate and display your SBK in a 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000 "format".But getting the SBK was easy what is not goin for me is getting the tools "sbkcheck" and "sbkDetect" (These 2 tools are for Linux only I think) to run without the errors and show me what version.I am not sure if I am wasting my time with the probability my device is SBKv2.If i am not mistaken SBKv2 is the brain child of the manufacturers genius idea of locking the devices down more.So what I understand if I am not mistaken (someone correct me if i am wrong) is that SBKv1 can be used with nvflash but not SBKv1.And having a locked boot loader would make the nvflash tool cough up the dreaded "RCM Version 0x4 Command send failed (USB write failed)" error or whatever the error was lol. Locking the devices down more would increase there sales with the surefire fact someone is bound to brick their device.Instead of investing efforts to facilitate the device's recovery (which probably would be trivial) in case of a human mistake they just seem to want to DRM hardware.If you paid for the darn thing you should have the right to fix or repair the dawg gone thing,it would not hurt anyone but all the patents and intellectual property, registered trademark crap would not allow it.

Attachments

• SBCalc_v1.1.zip
    8.9 KB · Views: 1,560

funkyo0o

Feb 19, 2014
Someone else blob.bin file might not work but..

I am pretty sure for the reasons i have explained above a blob.bin file will not work which is not unique to the indiviual device it was generated or created on but if you feel that lucky and with all due respect did not understand why then here it is.Good Luck:p don't say I didn't warn you it would not work.

Attachments

• blob.zip
    210.5 KB · Views: 1,968
Reactions: frank10367

faizleaves

Mar 13, 2014
current solution

Guys i think there isn't any solution right now, need to wait for Google or some developer to make a proper toolkit to solve that.
till that the only solution i think is to change the Motherboard; that's available on ebay, ;)
but for me i did nothing with my tab, it was updated it self through OTA to 4.4.2.
just working fine but then after a day it got stuck i restarted it,(it took more time then normal to restart) and dead
but what i am confuse of is, if i buy a motherboard and this problem appear again :confused:
i am waiting to know what is the mess that take it to APX mode; only after that i will order a motherboard. ;)

iBolski

Is it still under warranty? You could send it in and have them possibly fix it under warranty. I tried to update to KitKat via the normal method and something went amiss and I went into APX mode as well.

I informed Asus about it and they had me RMA it and it was fixed, free of charge since it was still under warranty (less than year old).

Never hurts to try.

Scuba Jeremy

Oct 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Guys i think there isn't any solution right now, need to wait for Google or some developer to make a proper toolkit to solve that.
till that the only solution i think is to change the Motherboard; that's available on ebay, ;)
but for me i did nothing with my tab, it was updated it self through OTA to 4.4.2.
just working fine but then after a day it got stuck i restarted it,(it took more time then normal to restart) and dead
but what i am confuse of is, if i buy a motherboard and this problem appear again :confused:
i am waiting to know what is the mess that take it to APX mode; only after that i will order a motherboard. ;)
I think I'm the newest member of the hard-bricked Nexus 7 club. Not a happy place to be.

Same thing happened to me last night. Watching YouTube, screen froze, audio kept playing. Went to hard restart, and the Nexus 7 was stuck in a boot loop. Went to boot into fastboot (vol - and power) and it would come up in fastboot, but would not boot to recovery. Restarted a couple times, and now, it's stone dead - won't boot to fastboot, or white Google screen. Nothing. It will connect as an APX device, and I've installed generic drivers. I'm trying to communicate through adb or fastboot, but nothing.

I can't imagine what happened. It was accidentally dropped from about 4 feet earlier in the week - maybe something came loose?

This sucks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    fastboot erase boot
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot erase recovery
    fastboot erase system
    fastboot erase userdata
    ping -n 5 127.0.0.1 >nul
    when it come to
    Code:

Hi, 37nook...

And unless you had at some point run the flatline procedure BEFORE being bricked, your tablet is unrecoverable.

Rgrds,
    Ged.
    Hard Bricked Nexus 7 2012 Wifi NVFlash tool reports "uknown device found"

I just need to know and maybe need help modifying the adb/fb/apx android_apxusb.inf file more specifically targeted toward the nexus 7 for windows xp, my tablet does not boot into fastboot mode so fastboot.exe and adb.exe commands for reviving my tablet is out of the question.The nvflash tool in apx mode would be my only hope as the tablet stays with black screen and does not even show battery icon of it charging.I have been searching day and night for a solution and nothing.I have tried all the button combinations for the weird amount of seconds blah blah and nothing, i have tried everything, believe me...nvflash would be my only hope.I do not have any backed up blob.bin files so I can not use wheelie.exe I even tried someone elses blob.bin but no It is because the uid is unique I understand, I even opened the blob.bin file with notepad and supplied my CSSN code and the first part worked but the next part stumped me.... the rcm version part.I have the Secure Boot Key generated by supplying the CSSN of device in blackthunders tool so I want to run NVFlash.exe --bl bootloader-grouper-4.18.img --sbk 0x10117000 0x761CD506 0x7EE73604 0xBE055203 --sync.I have tried the universal naked drivers 0.73 but "ASUS Transformer Prime APX Interface" shows up in device manager after modifying the android_apxusb.inf file and supplying it the "Hardware device id" from device mamager by right clicking selecting properties etc;.Could there be an entry I could put in the android_apxusb.inf file for nexus 7 that nvflash.exe would not report "Uknown Device Found" and would recognize my nexus 7?.I did get the "ASUS Transformer Prime APX Interface" succesfully installed but nvflash is whining about the device being unknown.Furthermore I would like to make clear that the were no exclamation yellow triangles or anything and the device reported as working properly in device manager.I dearly would appreciate some insight into this.This all happpened on a personal quest to flash another kernel.Sequentially I use "TWRP" to wipe everything that they suggest you wipe" Davlik cache", "data", and two others, but after I wiped them I noticed that those were recommended to be wiped for flashing another ROM.I read just a little more down in the webpage that for flashing a kernel I only needed to wipe Davlik Cache and Data.I restarted the tablet and bam! bootloop.The android colorful spheres and no further.To recover from this I used Skip's Nexus v1.8.0 used the Soft-Bricked Bootloop option on the middle right of the tool's GUI hit the Flash Stock+Unroot buttton and let it run.I would let it run then it would take to long and appear to not progress so I stopped it and re ran it.This happened a few times but I finallly got it to complete, and after the toolkit rebooted my device i saw the "GOOGLE" Text when device booted.I waited for about 2 minutes and I saw it was not getting anywhere so I powered the Nexus 7 device off.
    Next thing I did was press power button and nothing.I have tried everyhing, I assume that the solution would be nvflash and a cutomized .INF file pin point targted specifically for the nexus 7 2012 WiFi only tablet.Please help me, if there is no special APXInterface entrie i can edit the android_apxusb.inf file to help nvflash detect my device then it is game over for me.LOL I have seen many people post with a similar and identical poblem that have given up but I'm determned.LOL
    Someone else blob.bin file might not work but..

I am pretty sure for the reasons i have explained above a blob.bin file will not work which is not unique to the indiviual device it was generated or created on but if you feel that lucky and with all due respect did not understand why then here it is.Good Luck:p don't say I didn't warn you it would not work.
    current solution

Is it still under warranty? You could send it in and have them possibly fix it under warranty. I tried to update to KitKat via the normal method and something went amiss and I went into APX mode as well.

I informed Asus about it and they had me RMA it and it was fixed, free of charge since it was still under warranty (less than year old).

Never hurts to try.