[GUIDE] How to make a Floating Statusbar Like a Phablet/Tablet For Galaxy Y

Search This thread

markmellarpes

Aug 2, 2012
Taguig
Hi SGY mates I just want to share this guide of How to make a Floating Statusbar Like a Phablet/Tablet For Galaxy Y

1378876_684200118258126_1379383734_n.jpg
Original Thread

Hello, i just try to make my phone like a phablet/tablet with 4.0.4 or 4.1.2 android os last time, but i don't know i can make it a simple or not.

But now i can make it a "pop up manipulation" with some background manipulation too. So, here we go the tutorial will start now!

The first of this tutorial you must know about :

1. How to decompile/compile the apk file (don't ask here, you can search on google how to do that)

2. How to coding a xml file with some code

3. You must have a Apktool/ApkManager/ToolAlite by KuyaGaol

4. You must have a JDK and Latest Net framework for run Apktool/ApkManager/ToolAlite by KuyaGaol

5. You must take a beer! lol

Oke the first method is :

1. Download my Floating.zip

2. Pull the Framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk

3. Do "if framework" on your Apktool/ApkManager/ToolAlite by KuyaGaol

4. Decompile SystemUI.apk

5. Extract my Floating.zip to your drawable directory. (you can extract on "drawable" or "drawable-mdpi" folder).

6. Open status_bar.xml from /res/layout/here and find this code, modify and save :

Code:
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.DateView android:textAppearance="@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Icon"

and add this line code :

Code:
android:background="@drawable/trans"

or paste my line :

Code:
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.DateView android:textAppearance="@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Icon" android:textColor="#00000000" android:gravity="center" android:id="@id/date" android:background="@drawable/trans" android:paddingLeft="6.0px" android:paddingRight="6.0px" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />

7. Open status_bar_expanded.xml from /res/layout/here and find this code, modify and save :

Code:
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.ExpandedView android:orientation="vertical"

and add this line code :

Code:
android:background="@drawable/bg"

or paste my line :

Code:
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.ExpandedView android:orientation="vertical" android:background="@drawable/bg" android:focusable="true" android:descendantFocusability="afterDescendants"

8. Open status_bar_tracking.xml from /res/layout/here and find this code. modify and save :

Code:
<View android:background="@drawable/shade_bg" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_weight="1.0" />

and change to this line :

Code:
<View android:background="@drawable/shade_bg" android:layout_width="0.0px" android:layout_height="0.0px" android:layout_weight="1.0" />

Find this line :

Code:
<ImageView android:layout_gravity="bottom" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:src="@drawable/status_bar_close_on" android:scaleType="fitXY" />

Code:
<ImageView android:layout_gravity="bottom" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:src="@drawable/trans" android:scaleType="fitXY" />

9. Recompile your SystemUI.apk project and push it to your phone to the /system/app directory

Thanks To :

- Rizalien

- Official Group Galaxy Young Indonesia

- Official Group Sony Xperia X8 Indonesia

- Tiny Anastasia Development Group

- DCSMS

@petrukgrinder
- and YOU!

{MOD}FLOATING UI

Attachments

• Floating.zip
    12.5 KB · Views: 1,291
Last edited:

OxygeenHD

Nov 2, 2012
Awesome ! *_* i'll try that on a Jellybean styled rom right now !! :D

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi SGY mates I just want to share this guide of How to make a Floating Statusbar Like a Phablet/Tablet For Galaxy Y

1378876_684200118258126_1379383734_n.jpg
    Original Thread

Hello, i just try to make my phone like a phablet/tablet with 4.0.4 or 4.1.2 android os last time, but i don't know i can make it a simple or not.

But now i can make it a "pop up manipulation" with some background manipulation too. So, here we go the tutorial will start now!

The first of this tutorial you must know about :

1. How to decompile/compile the apk file (don't ask here, you can search on google how to do that)

2. How to coding a xml file with some code

3. You must have a Apktool/ApkManager/ToolAlite by KuyaGaol

4. You must have a JDK and Latest Net framework for run Apktool/ApkManager/ToolAlite by KuyaGaol

5. You must take a beer! lol

Oke the first method is :

1. Download my Floating.zip

2. Pull the Framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk

3. Do "if framework" on your Apktool/ApkManager/ToolAlite by KuyaGaol

4. Decompile SystemUI.apk

5. Extract my Floating.zip to your drawable directory. (you can extract on "drawable" or "drawable-mdpi" folder).

6. Open status_bar.xml from /res/layout/here and find this code, modify and save :

Code:
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.DateView android:textAppearance="@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Icon"

and add this line code :

Code:
    android:background="@drawable/trans"

or paste my line :

Code:
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.DateView android:textAppearance="@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Icon" android:textColor="#00000000" android:gravity="center" android:id="@id/date" android:background="@drawable/trans" android:paddingLeft="6.0px" android:paddingRight="6.0px" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />

7. Open status_bar_expanded.xml from /res/layout/here and find this code, modify and save :

Code:
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.ExpandedView android:orientation="vertical"

and add this line code :

Code:
    android:background="@drawable/bg"

or paste my line :

Code:
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.ExpandedView android:orientation="vertical" android:background="@drawable/bg" android:focusable="true" android:descendantFocusability="afterDescendants"

8. Open status_bar_tracking.xml from /res/layout/here and find this code. modify and save :

Code:
    <View android:background="@drawable/shade_bg" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_weight="1.0" />

Code:
    <View android:background="@drawable/shade_bg" android:layout_width="0.0px" android:layout_height="0.0px" android:layout_weight="1.0" />

Find this line :

Code:
    <ImageView android:layout_gravity="bottom" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:src="@drawable/status_bar_close_on" android:scaleType="fitXY" />

Code:
    <ImageView android:layout_gravity="bottom" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:src="@drawable/trans" android:scaleType="fitXY" />

9. Recompile your SystemUI.apk project and push it to your phone to the /system/app directory

Thanks To :

- Rizalien

- Official Group Galaxy Young Indonesia

- Official Group Sony Xperia X8 Indonesia

- Tiny Anastasia Development Group

- DCSMS

@petrukgrinder
    - and YOU!

{MOD}FLOATING UI