Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,905 Members 39,938 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unfortunately SuperSU has stopped

Tip us?

choch69
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Unfortunately SuperSU has stopped

So I followed the guide on how to root the Canadian model Note 3 N900W8 and SuperSU was installed to my app drawer, however I get the error message "Unfortunately SuperSU has stopped".

Not sure how to fix this, but I would really like to remove the bloatware pre-installed by my carrier Rogers.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001.jpg
Views:	2782
Size:	255.0 KB
ID:	2317109   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0002.jpg
Views:	2153
Size:	255.8 KB
ID:	2317110  

iznee
Old
Thanks Meter 74
The first picture is your good ol knox blocking your software
For the second picture...try updating to latest su from play store.
Hope this helps

Sent from B@d Ass Note III SM-N9005

choch69
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by iznee View Post
The first picture is your good ol knox blocking your software
For the second picture...try updating to latest su from play store.
Hope this helps

Ya it didnt help, still giving me the same problem even with the su from the play store.

iznee
Old
Thanks Meter 74
I really don't know if this will help..but go to your settings, under general tab, scroll down to security, untick verify apps and reboot...

choch69
Old
(Last edited by choch69; 11th October 2013 at 02:52 PM.) Reason: more info added
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by iznee View Post
I really don't know if this will help..but go to your settings, under general tab, sc
roll down to security, untick verify apps and reboot...
L0lĺlpum

I tried but it still doesn't seem to be working. Keep getting the same error that supersu has stopped.
Any idea how to uninsulated supersu?
I am only able to disable it but not uninstall. I've tried in the play store to uninstall but my only option is to open the app or enable it if it's disabled. Also tried getting uninstaller apps but they can't find supersu.
I've also tried going into twrp and manually deleting all the files in the supersu folder but when I reboot the app and everything is still there.
I'm thinking maybe an uninstall and reinstall might fix it. But I can't find an easy way to uninstall the app.
What a headache this is just to remove some carrier bookmarks.

JS1979
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey, have you found a a fix for this..i have the same issue on the SM-N900P

unmanarc
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS1979 View Post
Hey, have you found a a fix for this..i have the same issue on the SM-N900P
same here (GT-I9500)

spas528
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Fix on T-Movile note 3

I found a small solution on another thread which is to use a file explorer, i used Astro since i was unable to do it with the stock file explorer, find the supersu zip, go in and click on "common" then click on supersu.apk and install it. That should fix the FC issues.

Now, the only problem i have with that is that supersu wont stick after a reboot and you have to do the same thing all over again. I have yet to find a solution for that.

i know this thread is old but it was the first post that popped up when i googled searched. Hopefully this helps out others having the same issue.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spas528 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thgruiz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Smile a great help indeed, it worked

Quote:
Originally Posted by spas528 View Post
I found a small solution on another thread which is to use a file explorer, i used Astro since i was unable to do it with the stock file explorer, find the supersu zip, go in and click on "common" then click on supersu.apk and install it. That should fix the FC issues.

Now, the only problem i have with that is that supersu wont stick after a reboot and you have to do the same thing all over again. I have yet to find a solution for that.

i know this thread is old but it was the first post that popped up when i googled searched. Hopefully this helps out others having the same issue.

Thank you!

i have a galaxy s4 gt-i9505 with 4.3 stock rom I9505VJUEMKE build JSS15J.I9505VJUEMKE kernel 3.4.0-2210919 and tried many things:

1) flashing CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.zip with odin does not work (tried many versions of odin);
2) kingo android root (android_root.exe) says my device is not suported;
3) read a little about daemon root;
4) flashed the supersu with a custom recovery rom (search from UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.85.zip on google)
5) after that i got the "unfortunately supersu has stopped" message on boots

installing the supersu.apk after the boot works fine, but it will go away on boot, as explained

again, thank you, it helped a lot

shynal
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by thgruiz View Post
thank you!

I have a galaxy s4 gt-i9505 with 4.3 stock rom i9505vjuemke build jss15j.i9505vjuemke kernel 3.4.0-2210919 and tried many things:

1) flashing cf-auto-root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.zip with odin does not work (tried many versions of odin);
2) kingo android root (android_root.exe) says my device is not suported;
3) read a little about daemon root;
4) flashed the supersu with a custom recovery rom (search from update-supersu-v1.85.zip on google)
5) after that i got the "unfortunately supersu has stopped" message on boots

installing the supersu.apk after the boot works fine, but it will go away on boot, as explained

again, thank you, it helped a lot

you can do it manually with the esfile mnager. I did it and it worked