Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,101 Members 43,146 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root Sony Xperia M Dual (C2004 / C2005) Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Build [15.2.A.1.12]

Tip us?

Waledac
Old
(Last edited by diestarbucks; 7th November 2013 at 02:00 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 84
Post Root Sony Xperia M Dual (C2004 / C2005) Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Build [15.2.A.1.12]

Disclaimer : I am not responsible if you brick your phone or if u make any other damage to your phone

So Lets Start :

1. First make sure you are running Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Build 15.2.A.1.12. Go to Settings > About to verify this.

2. Enable USB Debugging , Go to Settings > About phone and tap 7 times on Build number to enable USB Debugging mode.

5. Open the vRoot and Connect your phone Xperia M to your PC , you will see a green Root icon in vRoot, click on that to start the rooting process.

6. When it is finished your phone will restart automatically and vRoot will show something like the below screenshot.

7. Congrats your phone is now rooted

Note :- If you want to change the Superuser app to SuperSU , just download SuperSU from Playstore , open it , it will ask for Root Permissions , grant it , then follow the screen instructions to update the binary and remove the other Superuser app , finally restart the application.

Note : This method works on both locked and unlocked bootloader devices!!!

Thanks @krabappel2548
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Waledac For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dunc4n88
Old
Thanks Meter 218
Thanks for the guide I've added a link to this in the thread I created for Sony Xperia M general & development
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2465095
Sent from my C1905 using xda premium

petymeg
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi.

I have done this method, but unfortunatelly this Superuser app is full chinese, I can understand nothing... How can I change the language to English as there is in the post?

Waledac
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by petymeg View Post
Hi.

I have done this method, but unfortunatelly this Superuser app is full chinese, I can understand nothing... How can I change the language to English as there is in the post?
See the note below to change to SuperSU

Sent from my LT22i using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

rosshalz
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waledac View Post
See the note below to change to SuperSU

Sent from my LT22i using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I got upto installing Super SU and updating binaries, but if i remove the other superuser app, i lose root...
If you find my post useful, hit the Thanks button

sasagundul
Old
Thanks Meter 0
1. do i need to have bootloader unlocked or locked bootloader is fine to root?
2. does rooting will void my warranty? i only knew that unlocking bootloader might void my warranty

thanks

just bought this phone yesterday and overall it's awesome for mid-end device, the only cons is it's internal storage that is too small. mine has only 1,7GB left for user to install program and store data

sidrock622
Old
(Last edited by sidrock622; 19th October 2013 at 08:11 PM.)
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasagundul View Post
1. do i need to have bootloader unlocked or locked bootloader is fine to root?
2. does rooting will void my warranty? i only knew that unlocking bootloader might void my warranty

thanks

just bought this phone yesterday and overall it's awesome for mid-end device, the only cons is it's internal storage that is too small. mine has only 1,7GB left for user to install program and store data
No need unlocking bootloader for rooting our device
Do not unlock bootloader it is not necessary until if u want to Install custom rom and flash different kernel since stock rom works good
Ull lose warranty if rooted but u can unroot ur mobile easily by flashing stock rom
If unlocked bootloader Ull lose warranty forever even tat we can relock just don't do it

Waledac
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosshalz View Post
I got upto installing Super SU and updating binaries, but if i remove the other superuser app, i lose root...
when i installed SuperSU it automatically removed the other Chinese Superuser app

diestarbucks
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 4147
Until this method is verified to be working safely and without malware, I would advise everyone not to use this method. This thread and any other are to be closed. Please report them to the moderation team.

The Following User Says Thank You to diestarbucks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
guide, root, xperia m dual
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe