I AM IN NO WAY, SHAPE OR FORM, RESPONSIBLE FOR THE OUTCOME OF YOU FOLLOWING THESE INSTRUCTIONS! IT WORKED FOR ME, BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN IT WILL ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY, WITHOUT A DOUBT, WORK FOR YOU!
Preparation:I will have to leave it to you guys to install a utility like SuperSU or Superuser until there is a functioning recovery for the Gear.
1. Install Samsung's official ADB Drivers from here.To Root:
2. Get Cydia Impactor from here.
3. Go to your Gear's settings and enable ADB
1. Plug in the device and let it install all the drivers it needs.
2.Unzip the Cydia Impactor folder you just downloaded
3. Open Impactor from the folder you just unzipped
4. The default "# drop SuperSU su to /system/xbin/su" is what you need
5. Click start
6. Once the process completes, the device will still look normal, but is fully rooted!
Though this isn't necessary, however, and in some most cases doesn't work! SuperSU or Superuser just manage what apps access the SU command, so if you trust the app, it should be ok!
How to restore back to stock:
1. Get Odin 3.07 from here.To Restore:
2. Find the proper .md5 file from here.
(If you are in the US, just select the Great Britain file.)
3. Install Samsung ADB drivers from here.
1. Plug in the Gear
2.From being powered on, (Bootable or not) press and hold the button of the right until the Gear shows "Samsung Galaxy Gear Rebooting" and rapidly press the button until you get to the "Select REBOOT MODE" screen.
3. Highlight "Download" in the list by pressing the button to scroll.
4. Press and hold the button for 3 seconds (and let go! The screen won't change immediately) and let it boot into download mode.
5. Unzip the .zip file you just downloaded that contains the ROM itself.
6. Select the PDA button and open the .MD5 file in the folder you just unzipped.
7. DO NOT ALTER ANYTHING ELSE!!!
8. Click the start button, and you'll be back to stock within a couple of minutes! (Most likely with any data on /data kept and all sideloaded apps remaining.)