Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,300 Members 52,916 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ROOT de la Vega now available for T-Mobile Note3 :)

Tip us?

electron73
Old
(Last edited by electron73; 14th October 2013 at 12:54 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 542

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up ROOT de la Vega now available for T-Mobile Note3 :)

So... after first being impatient and buying a T-Mobile Note3 on Craigslist to use on AT&T and then later seeing how the bootloader locked AT&T Note3 was rooted by DG and Chainfire I ended up getting a contract renewal with AT&T after all and went with the AT&T Note3.

Now I thought I might try to experiment a little and see if I can replicate that root method on the T-Mobile Note3 because it's so brilliant and doesn't trigger the Know warranty void flag.

I can confirm it works just as well on the T-Mobile Note3 !!

ALL CREDIT for the method goes to DesignGears and Chainfire! The Original Thread is HERE: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2474422

All steps are exactly the same. THIS IS ONLY FOR N900TUVUBMI7 firmware, so that must be the current one installed on your phone.

Please follow all steps in the original AT&T thread, just skip the oneclick.exe and start with flashing the root_de_la_vega.tar using ODIN.

There is not really a need to so this if you already rooted with the AutoRoot method and triggered the Knox flag. This is for the careful guys who have NOT rooted yet, only want root (no custom ROM or recovery) and would rather like to preserve that Know Warranty 0x0 Flag

Link to the needed file for T-Mobile Note3 is HERE:
http://www.electron73.org/XDA/N900T/...A_VEGA-TMO.ZIP

Enjoy
The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to electron73 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lm that guy
Old
Thanks Meter 276
Nice! If I wanted to go stock again, can I just flash the stock firmware in odin and it wont trip the knox flag?

mocsab
Old
Thanks Meter 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by lm that guy View Post
Nice! If I wanted to go stock again, can I just flash the stock firmware in odin and it wont trip the knox flag?

Unfortunatley, once you trip the Knox Flag you can't untrip it - doing Odin to Stock will return you to stock but it does not remove the Knox flag...once it's tripped - it's tripped.
My Phone Galaxy S5 G900T
My Rom: - X-Note TMT v.3.0 NE2
My Recovery: [klte][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch
Kernel: KT-SGS5 - NE5 - KTweaker
My Carrier - ATT

Former Devices: ☆Galaxy Note 3☆HTC ONE☆Galaxy S IV☆Galaxy Note II☆Galaxy S3☆EVO 4g LTE☆Nexus☆Epic 4G☆Treo(W)☆Palm Treo☆(P)
The Following User Says Thank You to mocsab For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lm that guy
Old
(Last edited by lm that guy; 13th October 2013 at 02:07 AM.)
Thanks Meter 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by mocsab View Post
Unfortunatley, once you trip the Knox Flag you can't untrip it - doing Odin to Stock will return you to stock but it does not remove the Knox flag...once it's tripped - it's tripped.
Oh no I haven't tripped my Knox flag yet I was asking if I use this method to root and I wanted to go back to stock later down the road, Will I trip the Knox flag if i odin the official stock firmware?

shin lucifer
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Its good to have this method available for those who are very conscious of Knox falg/warranty. Personally:

I will be doing a full root on my second N3. I have to; in the memory of my first N3... RIP where ever you are now.

mocsab
Old
Thanks Meter 599
Quote:
Oh no I haven't tripped my Knox flag yet I was asking if I use this method to root and I wanted to go back to stock later down the road, Will I trip the Knox flag if i odin the official stock firmware?

I am not positive - but I think if you flash anything - it will trip it - if you odin back to stock - it would include a new kernel and that would tirp the flag - I may be wrong - but I believe I read this the other day.

WHy would you want to return to stock? To return the phone or something if something went wrong? Maybe there is another way to remove root.?
My Phone Galaxy S5 G900T
My Rom: - X-Note TMT v.3.0 NE2
My Recovery: [klte][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch
Kernel: KT-SGS5 - NE5 - KTweaker
My Carrier - ATT

Former Devices: ☆Galaxy Note 3☆HTC ONE☆Galaxy S IV☆Galaxy Note II☆Galaxy S3☆EVO 4g LTE☆Nexus☆Epic 4G☆Treo(W)☆Palm Treo☆(P)
The Following User Says Thank You to mocsab For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shin lucifer
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I dont think you even have to remove root. There will be now ay to tell if you are rooted using that method. Unless you use app that ask you SU permission. So before return just do Factory Reset. That i think should take care of things. IMHO.

electron73
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 542

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
No, if you ODIN back to full stock or do a factory reset/wipe the Knox flag will NOT be triggered. That flag only triggers if you install a CUSTOM recovery or kernel (custom rom).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to electron73 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zmore
Old
Thanks Meter 877
For the Galaxy S3, there's also a "no trip root" thread where you simply flash a root-injected TouchWhiz, which I used, and as long as you never flash anything non-Samsung in ODIN, you'll never trip the flash counter flag (which can be reset with TriangleAway anyway, unlike the KNOX flag afaik). But, once rooted, you don't need ODIN, and flashing TWRP recovery via the GooManager app (or dd'ing the img over the recovery partition) doesn't trip the flag, nor does subsequent ROM flashes from recovery over the system partition.

Is it the same situation here, or is the KNOX flag different, in that it will always get tripped as soon as it sees an unsigned partition on bootup?
Primary Phone: Note3 (SM-N900T); ROM: CyanogenMod 11 (KitKat 4.4.*); kernel: Stock @ 2.3GHz; misc: Incipio DualPro; 64GB class10 microSDXC
Primary Tablet: Nexus 7 (2012); ROM: CM11
Working museum piece: SGS1 Captivate (SGH-i897); ROM: CM11; kernel: Stock @ 1.0GHz
(Other devices: Nexus 10 (stock); Retired devices: SGS3 (SGH-i747), Kindle Fire (otter), OG Galaxy Tab 7, ...)

DriftorX
Old
Thanks Meter 131
Darn.. Wish I came upon this like 2 days after I had my TMO note 3. Ive already tripped my Knox. Oh well.