[Q] how to get/remove the pin on an unrooted phone?

OP ThEliteCommando

13th October 2013, 04:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
Hi! I have an (annoying) situation here, i recently bought a phone (bottom), the phone has been wiped of all apps, however, the last person (the seller) didn't do a FULL factory reset, so his Google account is still the primary.

I know you can remove the primary account via factory reset, but there seems to some sort of PIN/password, you dont need a pin/password to unlock the phone (from sleep), the screen asking for a pin also popes up when i tried to apply a lockscreen password
Ive emailed the seller already, but he takes a long time to respond, and i hate to wait.

i know theres specialized hardware like Riff-Box, but this phones waterproof and i dont want to break any seals :P
Ive also tried to do a root, but kentai/japanese phones have tight security with a small amount of hackers (link to root bellow)

Anyway, my question is that is there anyway to get that pin out of the phone/disable/remove it WITHOUT rooting or cracking the case open

eg software hacks

ive already tried the ADB methods, which require a root, and i have a copy of SDK with proper ADB drivers if anyone has any complex suggestions

Phone
-Sharp SH-06D [normal, NOT the NERV edition]
-internationally unlocked by DoCoMo
-running an unrooted 2.3.5 and (obviously) stock ROM

Thread on unlock
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1735254

Software/phone ADB driver
https://sh-dev.sharp.co.jp/android/modules/driver_eng/

FYI i have full acess to everything except the reset, password, and superuser/SU
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20131013-204758.jpg
Views:	533
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	2321562   Click image for larger version

Name:	20131013-205047.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	2321566   Click image for larger version

Name:	20131013-205301.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	2321574  
Last edited by ThEliteCommando; 13th October 2013 at 05:03 AM. Reason: lots of typos
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread