Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,086 Members 54,137 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rooting ZTE Majesty

Tip us?

andynroid
Old
Thanks Meter 380

DONATE TO ME
Oops have you tried Eroot?
Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Rooted And Tweaked

brekstar
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Just lost another battle to Z4ROOT 3.5.1.0....Tricky bastard tho. Only root for a brief while...Doesn't stick??? Oh well Trying Eroot now, thanks for the help!
The Following User Says Thank You to brekstar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sparkster691
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I just tried eRoot, but it didn't work. The closest thing that works is Cydia Impactor =/ but it doesn't stay. And once you try to use Lucky Patch, Titanium backup, or even restart, the root goes away.

_Skare_krow
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I did find and remove a program called rootchecker off my majesty. Still can't root but I'm surprised they have an app loaded that checks and removes root access running that can be un-installed.

Sparkster691
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Well, it may be unrootable afterall

http://androidarea51.com/zte-phones/majesty/30/

_Skare_krow
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I've seen that the nextbook tablet can be hacked using a local google signed update, I wonder if the same thing could be done if they could dl the firmware?

thelology
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default ZTE Majesty

well i was able to root it, again not permanently after reboot, but its rooted. I booted the zte into safe mode by holding down power and both volume buttons, ran impactor 0.9.12 and it was able to install superSu. You can then there after reboot the device and run the same thing in normal user mode. Eventually after a few hours i believe it eventually gives you a mount read only system error, but just run it again in safe mode then normal user mode and it resolves it. Haven't figured out a permanent root process yet, but im working on it! So feel free to try it out.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Impactor_0.9.12.zip - [Click for QR Code] (9.77 MB, 230 views)

_Skare_krow
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelology View Post
well i was able to root it, again not permanently after reboot, but its rooted. I booted the zte into safe mode by holding down power and both volume buttons, ran impactor 0.9.12 and it was able to install superSu. You can then there after reboot the device and run the same thing in normal user mode. Eventually after a few hours i believe it eventually gives you a mount read only system error, but just run it again in safe mode then normal user mode and it resolves it. Haven't figured out a permanent root process yet, but im working on it! So feel free to try it out.
Is there a way to turn on fastboot support using adb once it's rooted? Will CWM install with this root?

thelology
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default zte

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Skare_krow View Post
Is there a way to turn on fastboot support using adb once it's rooted? Will CWM install with this root?
I was able to get barnacle wifi tether to work with it, im testing to see how long the root lasts for, so far at least 30 mins, if clockworkmod needs root it will work. As for fastboot, you could try the impactor, i really havent tried it yet, just focusing on root atm.

ZonEnder90
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Post ZTE Majesty/Savvy Rooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelology View Post
I'm still fresh to rooting and modding, but I wanted to ask, since the phone can be temporarily rooted only. When you have full access would down grading to 4.0 work, and if so would that make rooting it any easier? Or does it depend on the phone? I've tried most of the options shown here on the forum and like all of you nothing. Is there any point in trying to down grade? Is there any software that needs to be removed? Sorry if I'm wrong or asking too many questions.