Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,664 Members 42,908 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rooting ZTE Majesty

Tip us?

Radiohead84
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am like many others in this thread. I bought my ZTE Majesty about a month ago and have been searching and trying everything under the sun to root this stubborn device. It's hard to tell how many hours I've devoted to it. I wish I knew more about rooting and the internal workings of android phones. There has got to be someone out there who owns this device and has the time and knowledge to root this thing. This is absolutely frustrating. I wish I had the money to buy a temporary replacement right now because I would send the one I have to one you geniuses to get your hands on it. I think this is the first Android I have ever owned that I was not able to root. I have faith though. Unless it turns out that the phone cannot be rooted, I know someone will eventually come up with a root for it. Hopefully that happens sooner rather than later.

Leann531
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default I am also looking to Root ZTE Majesty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkster691 View Post
Yeah. That's how it seems, especially since I can get Kingo to root it and if I unplug my device from my PC right before it finishes to tell it to shut down. But it works very temporarily (like, super temporarily. Titanium Backup doesn't work and I can't install a hacked Google Play). Root checker says it is rooted, though. But only until I restart.

Any way to downgrade this to 4.0 at all?

We friends and I have the same problem, have heard about a back door with a hard code chinese , but nothing yet. If anyone takes root to this device please post here, I am watching this site and others very closely for a hit that will stick. It' a matter of time before it's cracked.

denco10
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Skare_krow View Post
I did find and remove a program called rootchecker off my majesty. Still can't root but I'm surprised they have an app loaded that checks and removes root access running that can be un-installed.
This is not installed by the MFG it was installed by one of the programs you attempted to root the phone with and is a useful(ish) tool

bitshifter52
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default This May or May Not Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leann531 View Post
We friends and I have the same problem, have heard about a back door with a hard code chinese , but nothing yet. If anyone takes root to this device please post here, I am watching this site and others very closely for a hit that will stick. It' a matter of time before it's cracked.
http://www.ztedevices.com/support/sm...?type=software

Sparkster691
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I'm so glad I got rid of this phone. I mean, it's a good phone. But GOD it's impossible to root. I just went ahead and got a flip phone and a tablet. I'm saving money anyway. I don't think I'll ever get a ZTE phone again though lololol

Radiohead84
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkster691 View Post
I'm so glad I got rid of this phone. I mean, it's a good phone. But GOD it's impossible to root. I just went ahead and got a flip phone and a tablet. I'm saving money anyway. I don't think I'll ever get a ZTE phone again though lololol
I had to end up doing the same thing. At my local Kroger store they were selling the ZTE Flash for $99. The specs are way better than that of the ZTE Majesty. The camera alone is 12.6MP compared to the 5.0MP camera on the Majesty. Did some research online while I was walking around the store and verified that I could root the ZTE Flash before coming to a purchase decision. I've got to say, I am very happy I bought it. I may keep my Majesty laying around in case my son wants to use it for games. Knowing me, I will more than likely check back occasionally to see if a root has been developed for it. This is the only phone I have had problems rooting and I am very curious to see if anyone is ever able to haha.

philmiami
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Sold on eBay

and got rid of it
Got a CDMA-V VERIZON towers Samsung Galaxy S3 @ Walmart on Black Friday for $299 and it is sooooo much better
Only lost about $25 selling on eBay so for the time I had it it was ok BUT
just too wacked from all the Samsung stuff I got
I will never buy any thing ZTE again......it just is so cheap feeling

JakeUp Mang
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Question Progress towards permanently rooting ZTE Majesty?

I noticed that the recent posts have been mainly about people selling their Majesty for other phone models. This is discouraging and not very helpful. Some of us are depending on a permanent root method for the Majesty because we don't have the luxury of getting a different phone.

Is anyone making any progress towards rooting this phone

Please, if you are still working on this, give us an update so the ones who are still waiting don't lose hope..

slixz85
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeUp Mang View Post
I noticed that the recent posts have been mainly about people selling their Majesty for other phone models. This is discouraging and not very helpful. Some of us are depending on a permanent root method for the Majesty because we don't have the luxury of getting a different phone.

Is anyone making any progress towards rooting this phone

Please, if you are still working on this, give us an update so the ones who are still waiting don't lose hope..
still waitin man unless some pro will bring forth somethin. i been working on this for a month myself reading all kinds of stuff. apparently the bootloader is locked and obviously hard to get by. but im sure when we lose hope it will happen. this phone just now hit my local walmart believe it or not before that the lg optimus showtime which i had succesfully rooted was the better straight talk phone. im def not gettin a $400 galaxy tho or iphone lol. just waitiing. there is a + to this tho if u think about it. "hey we can't screw our phones up" i've done this before over something simple. lol

alfeuss
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrsaville View Post

BTW, it does indeed have dual core processor at 1.2 GHz.

Good I feel better paying what I did for it.
Sero 7 Pro
Dopa 2.0