[ROM] [E970] [4.3] [cfX-Toolchain 4.8.y+] codefireXperiment Nightlies [OFFICIAL]

OP SnowLeopardJB

25th October 2013, 06:26 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 142

646 posts
More
Has anyone had any luck with additional features through xposed? I love how this runs, but I can't seem to reclaim any of my beloved features from carbon without incurring non-stop systemui crashes...
27th October 2013, 12:18 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 260

1,220 posts
Running badass with neiborhoodhackers kernel in love with cfx again

Sent from my LG-E970 using xda app-developers app
27th October 2013, 06:09 PM   |  #23  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 921

734 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGMatrix

The strange thing is that it's just within the apps that I get the errors. It's like the apps work fine, but they have a reporting error that makes them think that they aren't getting root.

Weird.

I have the exact same issue. If I do not flash superuser everything runs fine.... Well except for not being able to use apps that require root. When superuser is flashed, I get constant force closes on just about everything with an error report.

Also with superuser flashed the ROM will reboot after about 5 minutes, and the loading animation from then on will be tearing and all distorted.

Would love to use this ROM and the overclocked kernel, but until I can solve the issue it is completely unusable. I will report back when I have time and can figure out what's up.

Sent from my LG Optimus G using xda app-developers app
Last edited by MiZrY; 27th October 2013 at 06:14 PM.
27th October 2013, 06:42 PM   |  #24  

1,220 posts
I don't understand... Why some have problems with root all I did was flash ROM then gapps then oc kernel. The supersu 1.65 and all my apps have root access strange...

27th October 2013, 06:45 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 15

48 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiZrY

I have the exact same issue. If I do not flash superuser everything runs fine.... Well except for not being able to use apps that require root. When superuser is flashed, I get constant force closes on just about everything with an error report.

Also with superuser flashed the ROM will reboot after about 5 minutes, and the loading animation from then on will be tearing and all distorted.

Would love to use this ROM and the overclocked kernel, but until I can solve the issue it is completely unusable. I will report back when I have time and can figure out what's up.

I'm running the build from 24th, and so far so good, with superuser 1.65 flashed, core gapps. I suggest that you should try that build too . Also, in this build, I can use xposed without any issue.
27th October 2013, 06:48 PM   |  #26  
Flag California

734 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtha1

I don't understand... Why some have problems with root all I did was flash ROM then gapps then oc kernel. The supersu 1.65 and all my apps have root access strange...

I did the same process multiple times and even re-downloaded all the files to make sure I did not get a bad download. Same thing everytime.

Also the problem is more then not getting root. Once super user is flashed... EVERYTHING force closes... APPS, Launcher, settings, xda app.... everything. It snowballs, then the phone will reboot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnG2903

I'm running the build from 24th, and so far so good, with superuser 1.65 flashed, core gapps. I suggest that you should try that build too . Also, in this build, I can use xposed without any issue.

I'll give that a shot.
Last edited by MiZrY; 27th October 2013 at 07:02 PM.
27th October 2013, 07:01 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 142

646 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnG2903

If you don't mind, what xposed modules are you using?

Sent from my LG Optimus G using Tapatalk
27th October 2013, 07:20 PM   |  #28  

1,220 posts
I am using appsettings and xbatteries they work just fine

The Following User Says Thank You to iamtha1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th October 2013, 09:03 PM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 112

499 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiZrY

I apologize, but that is not the issue I highlighted.

I can use root apps fine, it's just that the apps report that they're not getting SU rights, when in fact they are. For example, Adaway will say that copying the hosts file failed, but when I close the app & reboot the phone, I find the the hosts file Was in fact copied, and the app is simply reporting that it isn't working.
27th October 2013, 09:11 PM   |  #30  
Flag California

734 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGMatrix

I apologize, but that is not the issue I highlighted.

I can use root apps fine, it's just that the apps report that they're not getting SU rights, when in fact they are. For example, Adaway will say that copying the hosts file failed, but when I close the app & reboot the phone, I find the the hosts file Was in fact copied, and the app is simply reporting that it isn't working.

It sounded like the problem I am having.

Though I just figured out that it is not the ROM, it's the OC kernel. Everything in the ROM works fine unless I use the OC kernel. Does the same thing on cm10.2.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cfxe, e970, official
Previous Thread Next Thread