Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[A] knox safe root on MJ4!!(updated10/30)

OP mjcollum

31st October 2013, 04:46 AM   |  #211  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcollum

If she's still mi5 just use the first post.
Flashing a vegafied mi5 file and not using the sd files should get you official and the ota. Then run sd files. Shouldn't require a wipe.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by datajosh

I couldn't get Wanam to show official, I had to wipe and flash MI5 in ODIN twice, then I finally got to official status. I think I'll wait for the TAR to get released next time

I really hope it's the former. If it was my phone i wouldn't care but she's got her live wallpaper and icons just the way she likes it. I'd have to hear it, but not the end of the world.
31st October 2013, 04:57 AM   |  #212  
mjcollum's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
TEXAS
Thanks Meter: 4,843
 
2,109 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by datajosh

I couldn't get Wanam to show official, I had to wipe and flash MI5 in ODIN twice, then I finally got to official status. I think I'll wait for the TAR to get released next time

Yea. The only issue being samsung appears to wait until the next update to release the previous one. If they would release them at the same time it would be better.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
31st October 2013, 09:06 AM   |  #213  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 202
 
1,297 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer815

I really hope it's the former. If it was my phone i wouldn't care but she's got her live wallpaper and icons just the way she likes it. I'd have to hear it, but not the end of the world.

You should be able to odin the official mi5 which would not require wanam and take the update than use kingo to root.. no loss of data

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to cherylbaker For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st October 2013, 07:40 PM   |  #214  
dallastx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dallas TX
Thanks Meter: 100
 
856 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
More
In this new version:

1. SuperSU updated to the latest version of v1.65
2. Fixed bugs concerning the conflict issue with certain apps after employing root script on Samsung Galaxy Note2,Note3 and S Series.
3. Removed several root scripts due to license issue, which would effect few SONY models.

Download from Kingo: http://www.kingoapp.com/android-root.htm
Fast Mirror Download: http://limelinx.com/d3sa6

SM-N9002
SM-N9005
SM-N9006
SM-N9009
SM-N9008
SM-N900V
SM-N900A
SM-N900P
SM-N900T
SM-N900W8
SM-N900L
SM-N900
SM-N900S
Last edited by dallastx; 31st October 2013 at 08:01 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dallastx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st October 2013, 09:04 PM   |  #215  
mjcollum's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
TEXAS
Thanks Meter: 4,843
 
2,109 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
I'm also currently working on getting us mj4 hotspot again. See the development section. Currently have deodex done. Just need to odex it back up this afternoon.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mjcollum For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st October 2013, 11:51 PM   |  #216  
mjcollum's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
TEXAS
Thanks Meter: 4,843
 
2,109 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
well looks like ill be flipping my knox flag.
thought i had everything done correctly file looked good.
copied over to system..
locks up at sprint logo.

and i guess theres no true adb access in the stock recovery only sideload which doesnt seem to be any use for replacing system files.
unless im missing something i guess ill be installing twrp.
oh well it was bound to happen sooner or later.

ill still be trying to get yall an odex version though.
31st October 2013, 11:59 PM   |  #217  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 202
 
1,297 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcollum

well looks like ill be flipping my knox flag.
thought i had everything done correctly file looked good.
copied over to system..
locks up at sprint logo.

and i guess theres no true adb access in the stock recovery only sideload which doesnt seem to be any use for replacing system files.
unless im missing something i guess ill be installing twrp.
oh well it was bound to happen sooner or later.

ill still be trying to get yall an odex version though.

No no no.. man that bites. Man.. Did you try a battery pull or a factory reset

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
1st November 2013, 12:03 AM   |  #218  
mjcollum's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
TEXAS
Thanks Meter: 4,843
 
2,109 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylbaker

No no no.. man that bites. Man.. Did you try a battery pull or a factory reset

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

pulled battery. tried all sorts of ways to get it to let me push the file no go.
apparently the stock recovery only wants to let me sideload an app not push a file.
will try a factory reset but that shouldn't fix it.
even tried kies.
ill mess with it for a bit but i bet im hosed.

not really a big deal for me. i knew id trip it eventually.
gives me more options in the future with less drama.
1st November 2013, 12:08 AM   |  #219  
mjcollum's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
TEXAS
Thanks Meter: 4,843
 
2,109 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
HA nevermind. all good.
was able to get adb back by letting it sit at the sprint logo for a minute

odex test version up need a tester
Last edited by mjcollum; 1st November 2013 at 12:40 AM.
1st November 2013, 05:56 AM   |  #220  
dongarritas's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 46
 
103 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcollum

HA nevermind. all good.
was able to get adb back by letting it sit at the sprint logo for a minute

odex test version up need a tester

Man, I understand! Mucking about the innards of your phone requires patience, from a bunch of people who want desperately for their tinkering to work....NOW! Waiting has saved me $100's in hardware/insurance claims.....Probably a lot more.....

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes