Flag HARDA
Thanks Meter: 1,248

1,861 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quick tutorial for unlocking & relocking the bootloader of the Xperia M

Warning!
Quote:

This procedure will wipe the /data partition of your phone, so you will loose all ur stored data, settings. INTERNAL SDCARD will BE WIPED!!!

DRM keys WILL be lost forever
SO TAKE BACKUP OF IT

Before you unlock Bootloader
Quote:

• Backup your TA partionHERE

STEPS TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADER
Quote:

1) Get the IMEI code for ur device: type *#06# in phone dialer to find it out, note only the digits (no dashes)

2) download the fastboot package with usb drivers(GOOGLE IT)

3) Now Get the UNLOCK KEY FROM SONY from HERE

4 ) After u have verified that u can unlock bootloader, scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Continue"
you will get numerous prompts, read all info and if u agree click on "Accept"/"OK"/"Proceed"
finally u will get a "Create Unlock request" page, enter your IMEI (sometimes the last digit needs to be removed for this to work), name and email address

5) Extract fastboot_with_Android_USB_file.rar and open fastboot folder

6) Hold SHIFT and right click on the background of the folder Select 'Open command window here'

7) Connect your phone in fastboot mode (turn phone off, hold Volume UP button and plug in USB Cable) [make sure drivers are installed as explained above)

8) In the cmd windows type in fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce getvar version
If a value is returned (it will return 0.5), it means the phone is correctly connected

9) Type in fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xKEY and replace KEY with the key which u received earlier.
You're device should now be bootloader unlocked

NOTE:-
Quote:

When i unlocked my bootloader from above steps i first got a bootloop but after flashing My kernel ELIxER i recovered from bootloop and phone started well.
My apps and Data on internal SD were been WIPED so Do a backup first!

Credits Doomlord
Last edited by icoolguy1995; 23rd November 2013 at 06:11 PM.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to icoolguy1995 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th October 2013, 10:28 AM   |  #2  
Flag Jaipur
Thanks Meter: 890

789 posts
Donate to Me
More

good job bro!
I just wanted to ask if we could unock the bootloader using flashtool so there's no chance of voiding warranty. As backing up TA would save DRM keys.
15th October 2013, 10:33 AM   |  #3  
OP Recognised Contributor
Flag HARDA

1,861 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yes u can unlock it using flashtool. I am windows 8 so i find unlocking with fastboot is easier and it just just cause 6 mb of data.

Sent from my Xperia Keyboard
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to icoolguy1995 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th October 2013, 10:37 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 184

162 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aweosomeabhijeet

good job bro!
I just wanted to ask if we could unock the bootloader using flashtool so there's no chance of voiding warranty. As backing up TA would save DRM keys.

There is always chance to void your warranty...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alvinhochun For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th October 2013, 10:42 AM   |  #5  
Flag Jaipur
Thanks Meter: 890

789 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinhochun

There is always chance to void your warranty...

I see.
Well I tried with flashtool it denied unlocking
I think it would be better to go with the official unlocking.
Thanks.
15th October 2013, 08:12 PM   |  #6  
Flag Home
Thanks Meter: 138

291 posts
More
u should add the TA Backup guide also
19th October 2013, 03:18 PM   |  #7  
OP Recognised Contributor
Flag HARDA

1,861 posts
Donate to Me
More
WARNING :-

When i tried to restore my DRM keys my mobile went dead so be very careful with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to icoolguy1995 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th October 2013, 03:52 PM   |  #8  

162 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by icoolguy1995

WARNING :-

When i tried to restore my DRM keys my mobile went dead so be very careful with it.

You need to restore the stock boot partition because restoring TA partition will relock the device or else you will soft-brick it. If you have a dump of it you can restore it before restoring TA partition, otherwise you need to reflash with flashtool or SUS.

This is what I learnt from other Xperia devices in general.
The Following User Says Thank You to alvinhochun For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th October 2013, 04:37 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 643

632 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinhochun

You need to restore the stock boot partition because restoring TA partition will relock the device or else you will soft-brick it. If you have a dump of it you can restore it before restoring TA partition, otherwise you need to reflash with flashtool or SUS.

This is what I learnt from other Xperia devices in general.

Can you still use SEUS when you have unlocked the bootloader to restore the original firmware prior to re-locking bootloader?
I thought it would be via flashtool only, because as soon as you unlock the bootloader you lose access to PC companion and SEUS.

The reason I ask is I have an XPERIA X10i and you can use anything at any time and it doesn't care.(brilliant olde device)

With my XPERIA S, I only have flashtool, as SEUS and PC Companion (and Sony OTA upgrade) are 'lost' after the bootloader is unlocked.
20th October 2013, 04:49 AM   |  #10  

162 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Goodvibes

Can you still use SEUS when you have unlocked the bootloader to restore the original firmware prior to re-locking bootloader?
I thought it would be via flashtool only, because as soon as you unlock the bootloader you lose access to PC companion and SEUS.

The reason I ask is I have an XPERIA X10i and you can use anything at any time and it doesn't care.(brilliant olde device)

With my XPERIA S, I only have flashtool, as SEUS and PC Companion (and Sony OTA upgrade) are 'lost' after the bootloader is unlocked.

Really? PC Companion can recognize my Xperia M. Haven't tried SUS restore but it should work, shouldn't it? FOTA updates are known to brick unlocked Xperia devices so I strongly advice you not to try it.

But anyway if you've already restored the TA partition you already have a locked bootloader

The Following User Says Thank You to alvinhochun For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread