Update: Root has been achieved, and Safestrap works - See here
This is a new update for SCH-1545 taking users to VRUDMI1. This is the stock factory image, taken straight from Kies. At this point only download for research or curiosity because this build has not been tested again for root access and you very well may loose both root and custom recovery by flashing this. So far I see a lot of Knox related stuff. Also, If you need to go back to stock for whatever reason I suggest using the VRUAME7 (or MDK) factory image instead. Both VRUAME7 and VRUAMDK stock Odin tars contained 14 partitions over which they would write over. However, in the newest build VRUDMI1, only 13 partitions are wrote over because it doesn’t contain a persdata.img.ext4.
Changes so far in this build:
1. VRUMDI1 DOES NOT WIPE THE PERSDATA PARTITION! (persdata.img.ext4)
2. ROOT METHOD FOR VRUAME7 NO LONGER WORKS ON THIS BUILD! - NEW ROOT METHOD here
3. New system apps are included, read more here
Nonetheless, if you want to rose root and recovery (maybe forever) then,
1. Unzip the file and you should have a tar.md5
2. Select the tar.md5 in Odin under PDA and keep Odin's default settings
3. Click start and wait for it to say pass
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?