[s-off] rumrunner s-off

Search This thread

zedlor

May 1, 2012
North West UK
I did have some issues getting this to work properly on Windows 8, with it saying "**** it" to me, but on Windows 7 it worked fine. Don't know what was causing the issue on 8, though.

ciscruz

Jan 5, 2012
Hi, this is my first time to s-off my android device and not sure what to do, im currently runing ARHD 30, hboot 1.54, build 3.57, HTC One International. Is it safe to s-off my phone? What do i need or need to know to ensure i won't have any problem s-offing my phone? thanks! =)

Last edited:

Stuart.upton666

Jul 16, 2010
manchester
I'm still struggling with getting this to work. I have a supported version of Android 2.24.401.1. It goes through the motions, It boots into fastest, Does something, reboots and waits for adb It counts down and gets stuck at 73/120. I've flashed my previous kernel and tried again. But still, It gets stuck on waiting for adb. I have reinstalled fastboot and adb drivers and I am picking it up with adb devices. I've tried everything short of a Virgin sacrifice. Help? Will provide logcat if needed.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

nemesis01

Dec 4, 2005
When doing the s-off, whats about the data? Is it like a firmware-reset?

And: I have used fastboot with my old HTC One X. But I´m not sure, if i have the correct adb-driver. How can I install the adb-drivers?

mistake37

Dec 24, 2010
I'm using a Myanmar HTC One model with HBOOT 1.54, firmware version 2.24.1136.2 (HTC__058). Any chance that I can S-OFF this device? (it seems that I couldn't find the RUU or OTA firmware package anywhere.)

Last edited:

codf4ther

Sep 12, 2009
I see people posting in here that this works on devices with HBOOT-1.55 but I haven't had any luck at all. Can someone confirm that they have successfully used rumrunner to s-off a 1.55 device? If so can you tell me what rom was running on top and which rumrunner bundle you used?

Reactions: FlowingAway

EtherealRemnant

Is there any possibility going back to S-ON in rumrunner ?

It is a fastboot command. That said, never go back to S-ON even for warranty purposes. Some devices ship S-OFF out of the box and if you mismatch the CID, MID, etc, you can permanently make your device S-ON or worse. If you have a custom hboot, you instantly brick. Don't do it.

blueberry60

Nov 13, 2010
It is a fastboot command. That said, never go back to S-ON even for warranty purposes. Some devices ship S-OFF out of the box and if you mismatch the CID, MID, etc, you can permanently make your device S-ON or worse. If you have a custom hboot, you instantly brick. Don't do it.

Thanks for your warning.We've been using modified hboot to remove red warning in rumrunner S-OFF,could it be defined as custom hboot ? As a result,we could go back to original hboot.

EtherealRemnant

Thanks for your warning.We've been using modified hboot to remove red warning in rumrunner S-OFF,could it be defined as custom hboot ? As a result,we could go back to original hboot.

Yes that is a custom hboot. If you forget to change it and you use fastboot to turn security back on, you will instantly brick the phone as the hboot fails signature verification.

Seriously, don't ever S-ON. If something goes wrong, you may never be able to fix it. I've seen people S-ON and then not even be able to use HTCDev. Heed the warning.

fabioaalves

Jan 19, 2009
Does it works on Viper 2.7.0 sense based Custom ROM with build 2.24.401.1? Becase I lost my nandroid backup for last OTA 4.2.2 update

My HTC One Is International version
Asia WWE Version
Unlocked via HTCDev.com

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

Can some please confirm that this works with Viper 2.7.0 sense based Custom ROM with build 2.24.401.?
or do i need to install a clean nandroid of an unmodified rom?
thx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    rumrunner s-off is now available for select htc one's, including those that have been previously unexploitable.

brought to you by beaups and fuses

www.rumrunner.us

note:
    you MUST be htc dev unlocked or rooted
    you MUST have working drivers (windows)
    you MUST meet all of the prerequisites

support is available at #rumrunners on freenode and andirc
    do NOT clutter support channels with unsupported configurations
    updated version for 2.24.401.8 posted. If you are on this firmware and have been having issues, please remove ALL old versions and download again from rumrunner.us. Sorry for the issues.
    Rumrunner custom hboot. Enjoy.
    No portion of it may be redistributed, repacked, rehosted, or oneclicked!

S-OFF device is required!!

Features:
    • Full set of fastboot flash commands
    • Full set of fastboot erase commands
    • Full set of fastboot oem commands (eng-hboot command set)
    • Removes red banner
    • Removes tampered text

Download here

How to flash:
    1) Put your phone in fastboot mode
    2) Type the following commands into terminal
    Code:
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot oem rebootRUU
    fastboot flash zip rumrunner_2.24_401.8_hboot.zip
    fastboot reboot-bootloader
    If you like our work, please donate at rumrunner.us
    thread opened.
    To remove 'Tampered' banner after S-OFF'ing, put this is in terminal emulator

Code:
    su
    echo -ne '\x00' | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p7 bs=1 seek=4265988

Just copy and paste it into terminal to ensure no errors

Credits @scotty1223

Maybe @beaups can put this in the OP to prevent repeat questions?