Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,580 Members 40,754 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Enhanced notifications aka ATN Manager <[v1.2.3.1_pre] NO FURTHER DEVELOPMENT>

Tip us?

sepiroth887
Old
(Last edited by sepiroth887; 17th November 2013 at 04:37 PM.) Reason: closing down dev work
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 267
Prompt [APP] Enhanced notifications aka ATN Manager <[v1.2.3.1_pre] NO FURTHER DEVELOPMENT>

LATEST VERSION: v1.2.3.1_pre

Installation:

I stopped developing and distributing this app due to the latest Gear firmware release which brings full notifications to all apps. This is far superior to the ATN app and I will defer to Samsung on this one ^^

Thanks for the support and feedback, you guys made this a really fun experience! Cheerio
The Following 72 Users Say Thank You to sepiroth887 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sepiroth887
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 267
Can that be a sticky please?

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to sepiroth887 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ytwytw
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Awesome!

I'm getting my Gear this afternoon, will test it out

It has lots potential...
T-Mobile Dream DREA100 Brown (Sold Because no ATT 3G)
Rogers HTC Dream DREA210 White (Sold)
Telus HERO White (Returned Because it's deadly SLOW)
HTC Desire (Sold because no ATT 3G)
Bell Atrix Phone (Sold)
HTC Flyer 3G (Sold but still LOVE the pen )
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Waiting for new housing)
Rogers HTC One X (No S-OFF, so Sold )

achtung515
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Installed. Would love a dummy rundown on what boxes to check for what notifications.

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

btothec
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Seems to be working for me. I set gmail and google voice and both seem to work.Google voice shows the message, gmail only shows the senders name and the subject, so you cannot see the body unfortunately.

achtung515
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Did u check both the email and Gmail boxes on the app and in gear manager? I only checked Gmail and I am still getting regular notifications.

sepiroth887
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by achtung515 View Post
Did u check both the email and Gmail boxes on the app and in gear manager? I only checked Gmail and I am still getting regular notifications.

On the gear manager email needs to be checked, thats the base requirement. Gmail et al are optional.

In the ATN Manager you can check pretty much any app, some work well some don't and some won't work at all. I use and tested a very limited set and can only recommend experimenting with apps you want to receive notifications for and hope they work. Maybe we can start a list somewhere (please not here though) on which apps show notifications and which don't
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sepiroth887 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dlux52
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you, and awesome work! If possible, the couple of features that would be great would be setting different alerts for different apps, and location/date based alerting. I posted the first request on Github with the explanation of getting hundreds of emails a day, and wanting those alerts to still go to my Gear, but not vibrate, while having text messages and appointment reminders still vibrate. For the second request, I was thinking it would be awesome to have my corporate email alerts stop while at my office, and start back up when I leave. Also, it would be nice to have the ability to schedule alert sounds and vibrations based on time of day so that I don't have them going off while sleeping.

jesax
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Be carefull..this thing screwed up my gear...i did the install, an decided to uninstaal because i got alot of emails with only numbers in it..now i keep getting the same mail as notification, and i cannot get rid of it...i have deleted it numerous times on the gear, it is deleted on my note and from my server...i even reset the gear...still i get the same notification...any help would be appreciated...

sepiroth887
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesax View Post
Be carefull..this thing screwed up my gear...i did the install, an decided to uninstaal because i got alot of emails with only numbers in it..now i keep getting the same mail as notification, and i cannot get rid of it...i have deleted it numerous times on the gear, it is deleted on my note and from my server...i even reset the gear...still i get the same notification...any help would be appreciated...
Uninstall the GearManager and reinstall it again. That should work. My app seems to send something that the NSync process doesn't like. It basically keeps the notification in the database and resends it everytime

Sorry

The Following User Says Thank You to sepiroth887 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
awesome, gear, notifications