Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,353 Members 47,427 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Alcatel Idol Mini (OT-6012) root ?

Tip us?
 
guifort
Old
(Last edited by guifort; 6th January 2014 at 10:12 AM.) Reason: Add Rom Download & Root Info in first post
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 101
Join Date: Mar 2007
Question [Q] Alcatel Idol Mini (OT-6012) root ?

Hello everyone.

Edit : Root OK with KingRoot or Framaroot

Last fimware M1011 Branded by Sosh Without branded app except Orange Wifi (rooted)


Download link : https://mega.co.nz/#!O1ojVIgb!PqF0bn...HjvXdeV0o8JNWo

Code:
For flash (You need CWM) 

copy custpack1011Clean.img  to /sdcard/custpack.img and CWM folder to /sdcard/clockworkmod/

Boot the phone into recovery backup your current rom and restore attached backup.

You need to flash the "custpack" .

Backup your current custpack (From ADB in Recovery Mode)

cat /emmc@custpack > /sdcard/custpack.img.old

Flash the new custpack : 

echo /sdcard/custpack.img > /emmc@custpack
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to guifort For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
fafane84
Old
#2  
fafane84's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Oct 2013
I'm also interested
 
fafane84
Old
#3  
fafane84's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Oct 2013
Apparently we are only two interested

Is it too early ?
Maybe this smartphone is too recent ?
 
guifort
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 101
Join Date: Mar 2007
Maybe... How many people has this phone ?
 
paradiselost28
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 78
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: 127.0.0.1
Hi,

Also interested with root on this device
This phone is sold in France under "Orange Hiro" name
Maybe with "Eroot" software ? (version 1.3.4) ?
- Alcatel One Touch Idol Mini (Sosh/Orange ROM)
- LG G Pad 8.3 (CM11 LINARO/SABERMOD Nightly Build)
- Sony Xperia Mini Pro (CM10.2 LegacyXperia Build 20140304)

Just hit the THANKS button if I helped you
 
guifort
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 101
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradiselost28 View Post
Hi,

Also interested with root on this device
This phone is sold in France under "Orange Hiro" name
Maybe with "Eroot" software ? (version 1.3.4) ?
I don't know Eroot, Yes This is the phone from "Sosh"
 
guifort
Old
#7  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 101
Join Date: Mar 2007
Hello,

I just successfull root this phone with Framaroot !

It's a MT6572 Chipset.

For root go to http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2130276 and take Framaroot-1.6.1.apk

PS : The initial app are in /custpack folder.

Next step : Unlock bootloader ? and found a working recovery ? maybe that ? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2458544 but it doesn't boot locked bootloader ?
 
gregdeberg
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 114
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by guifort View Post
Hello,

I just successfull root this phone with Framaroot !

It's a MT6572 Chipset.

For root go to http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2130276 and take Framaroot-1.6.1.apk

PS : The initial app are in /custpack folder.

Next step : Unlock bootloader ? and found a working recovery ? maybe that ? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2458544 but it doesn't boot locked bootloader ?
Hello

It also works indeed with Eroot 1.3.4 ! (it takes a few seconds without any reboot ! incredible) it also install SuperSU

Have a nice day !
 
guifort
Old
#9  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 101
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregdeberg View Post
Hello

It also works indeed with Eroot 1.3.4 ! (it takes a few seconds without any reboot ! incredible) it also install SuperSU

Have a nice day !
Nice !

We now need a CWM or TWRP recovery
 
gregdeberg
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 114
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by guifort View Post
Nice !

We now need a CWM or TWRP recovery
Indeed !

Tags
alcatel, idol mini, le mobile sosh, orange hiro, ot-6012
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes