Does anyone still use this phone anymore??

Search This thread

geekman42

Feb 26, 2011
I went from from 2.3.5 eclipse to 2.3.4 cm7, is now blazing fast, very happy with-it. Don't care about the lack of
Radio.
Sent from my MB870 using XDA Free mobile app

NoobieMichael

Aug 22, 2014
More using coming, I think

Im just getting a poll. I might start developing roms for this again. Just post in the comments if i should. :laugh:

I've ordered one through Ebay for just under $30, still waiting for it to arrive.

I think we will see an upswing in people using and wanting to modify these phones, as Tracfone BYOP only allows 3G CDMA phones. This one seems to be the best of the available choices, and the only dual core that I saw. I am a total noob, but if I can get it up to JB and working on TracFone, I will consider it a hell of a bargain. I pay $8/mo for Tracfone.

cfli1688c1

May 10, 2012
just got one off of craigslist for $10, camera not working, using it with pageplus, running eclipse now.

Been usong one as a media player / remote control for a while on cm7. How does one use this on straight talk or page plus? I know it will work with tracfone and im thinking about that. I have disconnected big red from my s3 but cant use it w/o a lot of hassle.

Does anyone recommend a different rom like cm10 or aokp or stock debloated over cm7?

Just wondering

Ive got a dx too but figured this might be faster even though theyre still deving for the x.

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk 2

LunchBox6969

Oct 28, 2014
Does anyone still use this phone

Im just getting a poll. I might start developing roms for this again. Just post in the comments if i should. :laugh:

I still use the Droid X2. I actually bought a backup on eBay just in case I brick this one.. I was lucky enough to sign up with unlimited data. I think I'll use it until Verizon takes it away from me. It is mainly used as a hotspot for a tablet.:) Would love to see some new roms.

LunchBox6969

Rooted Droid X2
Asus memo 7 rooted
Asus memo 301T

Greetings again peoples.. Looks like I'll be using this one some carrier or another.. Preferrably one where the minutes roll over kinda like tracfone.. I know TF works out of the box. But here's my dilemna. The rom.

I hate being stuck on GB... but it looks like the most stable and useful ones are GB. Something like Eclipse. But does anyone know where some working links are to themes especially the crimson theme. I have downloaded Titanium and it's an awesome theme but I'd like to find more..

Thanks
BTW IMHO CM7 has ran the best of all rom's wtih the exceptoin of Roms like molten and eclipse.. I may still end up on CM10 or aokp again. We'll see. Theme's galorre that way.

FatMasters11

May 7, 2013
I still use this phone because there's a huge selection of custom roms to choose from.I find that CM7 is the best for HD games.On quadrant I'm getting about 2920.That's quite impressive for a dual core device.

Sent from my Souped up Droid X2 running CM7 with 32gb for apps and the best HD games like modern combat 4 and Max Payne.Oh yes its true buddy boy.

Uzephi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2012
Phoenix
Google Pixel 3a
I still use this phone because there's a huge selection of custom roms to choose from.I find that CM7 is the best for HD games.On quadrant I'm getting about 2920.That's quite impressive for a dual core device.

Sent from my Souped up Droid X2 running CM7 with 32gb for apps and the best HD games like modern combat 4 and Max Payne.Oh yes its true buddy boy.

My X2 got stolen :X I always wanted to know, does the new sunshine app that unlocks modern Motorola's unlock the X2's bootloader? you don't have to pay to test if it will work. When you have the spare time can you DL the app and see if it can?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Heck Yeah!

I have newer devices for work, but I still use my dx2 as my personal phone.

My DX2 rocks. CM7 if very fast...only 2 real issues are wifi dropping out sometimes and dialer lagging when dialing out a bit... Still a solid phone.
    yep, daily

Yes, using this phone daily. Just flashed it for the first time with eclipse 2.3 last night and I'm happy with the functionality so far.was hoping to see an improvement with battery life, and fix some issues I had with stick, and so far so good.
    Where would be a good jumping off point for this phone? I have a friend who's stuck with it, and I've tried a few of the root guides but there's missing files, bad redirects, and just generally dated info. I just want to root it and probably put a slim rom, and by your review I'll probably go with Eclipse. I tried the zerg root but it threw an error that the phone was write protected. All help is greatly appreciated :)

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

hey ou,
    I basically checked out SD shadow's collection of links (in his sig), and some youtube videos from tomsgt123. Yeah, a lot of the links are outdated when paging through the forums. I think I used this to root: DX2Batchroot_2013.v2.exe
    sorry can't post a link as a lurker with few posts of my own, but look for sd_shadow's sigs in posts and check through his links.

I've been pretty happy with this rom in terms of stability and improvements. there is no battery life improvement, so far as I can tell. I've only had one real unexpected shutdown/restart. (whereas I had a bunch before rooting and flashing.) I still get moments of slow responsiveness at times.
    I'm another "bought it for Tracfone" & would love a new ROM

I've tried the eclipse and am currently on CM 10-20120113-unofficial-daytona. I'm really not happy with either. This CM 10 freezes a lot and the phone seems to suffer from lack of memory a lot.