[Q] Unlocking Bootloader: FAILED (remote: unlock token check failed)

Search This thread

eskimosound

Oct 10, 2013
Manchester
OnePlus 10 Pro
I tried unlocking the bootloader via HTCdev method, followed all the steps and reached this error too. I tried getting a new Unlock_Code.bin fine (about 7 times) and every time I had the same result.

Tried placing files in a different location and instead of getting "remote: unlock token check failed", I got "remote: signature verify failed" instead. I tried the HTCdev method with another Sensation I have and it went okay, it's just an issue with this phone.

Anything else I can try?
Yes, I will write a walkthrough for you...give me till the end of the day

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

I tried unlocking the bootloader via HTCdev method, followed all the steps and reached this error too. I tried getting a new Unlock_Code.bin fine (about 7 times) and every time I had the same result.

Tried placing files in a different location and instead of getting "remote: unlock token check failed", I got "remote: signature verify failed" instead. I tried the HTCdev method with another Sensation I have and it went okay, it's just an issue with this phone.

Anything else I can try?

Here's a guide....
https://xdaforums.com/htc-one/general/how-to-unlock-bootloader-install-t3754354

eskimosound

Oct 10, 2013
Manchester
OnePlus 10 Pro

Anything else I can try?

This guide assumes I won't get the error I'm getting, which happens at step 10 of HTCdev guide.
My guide assumes you will follow it. If you are not interested, fine but there are thousands of M7 users on here that have managed to unlock their bootloader following very simple guides. This is one of them.
If your unlock_bin is not in the right place or your sdk folder is not set up properly or USB debugging is not on or you haven't copied your identifying token properly you are going to have problems......which you have.
So rather than thinking I'm assuming, follow the guide letter for letter and you will unlock your bootloader.....remember forget everything you have already done and start from scratch using my links to drivers, sdk and twrp.
Or carry on and fail....your choice.

Last edited:

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
This guide assumes I won't get the error I'm getting, which happens at step 10 of HTCdev guide.

If you're 100% sure you did everything right, as explained on htcdev.com (i.e not using an old Unlock_code.bin or one generated from an another phone token) then maybe there is somehting wrong with the phone. Can you post the output of "fastboot getvar all" please (remove your imei/sn)

Is your phone running a modded hboot?

aco036

Jan 26, 2010
If you're 100% sure you did everything right, as explained on htcdev.com (i.e not using an old Unlock_code.bin or one generated from an another phone token) then maybe there is somehting wrong with the phone. Can you post the output of "fastboot getvar all" please (remove your imei/sn)

Is your phone running a modded hboot?

Here are the results of getvar all command:

cfVDrq3.png

I don't think HBOOT is modded...

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Here are the results of getvar all command:

cfVDrq3.png

I don't think HBOOT is modded...

First your device is the HTC Sensation so you're requesting help in the wrong forum section, this thread is for the HTC One.
Anyway, I have made a lil bit of research for you and apparently, "Unlock token check failed" is a well known problem for all Sensation that got their motherboard replaced, ppl solved this problem using s-off exploits to bypass their need to use htcdev.com method.

https://xdaforums.com/htc-sensation

Reactions: aco036

aco036

Jan 26, 2010
First your device is the HTC Sensation so you're requesting help in the wrong forum section, this thread is for the HTC One.
Anyway, I have made a lil bit of research for you and apparently, "Unlock token check failed" is a well known problem for all Sensation that got their motherboard replaced, ppl solved this problem using s-off exploits to bypass their need to use htcdev.com method.

https://xdaforums.com/htc-sensation

Yeah, I'm in the wrong section, but googling the error message led me here, I figured the logistics were the same.

Can I get s-off without unlocking the bootloader first?

Top Liked Posts