1. Set a photo as background - just long press any photo in your collage.
2. Add gallery photos - press the PLUS button at the bottom left.
3. Added Chinese support
After a month's effort to play with Android's canvas and different gestures, here comes my second app - Visummly.
The idea is to turn any video into an amazing collage image, quick and fun.
If you like this app, please give me a good rating on Google Play. Thank you.
---------- Why I build this app ------------
1. We record videos occasionally, but most of them have never been shared, because recording an interesting-enough video is very hard.
2. We shoot less videos than photos because we use them less, and video editing is time-consuming.
3. Many videos contain lots of great moments (more than you would expect) that can be highlighted/shared.
4. Sometimes it is just too hard to shoot photos at the best moments. Just miss it! The camera is not very fast.
Visummly is a new way to use your video, extract important moments from it, and reorganize it in a fun way.
Hopefully it will make you shoot more videos
---------- See it live on Youtube ------------
---------- Who am I ------------
I am a PhD student at University of Sydney, doing research on Automatic video summarization. However, this is quite difficult and summarization quality is very subjective. Then here comes the idea of allowing users manually "summarize" their videos using a collage image (that's why called Visummly). I am personally quite impressed by the final resulting app, especially that I found there are so many interesting moments even in a boring video. Even better, putting these moments in a nice way could really bring life to a static image.
---------- Features ----------
Let you pick the best moments from a video, arrange them into a collage.
You can change layout (frames), background color/pattern, border width, with smooth animations.
User interface has been tailored to be easy to use and blazing fast. Confused? Click on the question marks to see how to use.
Here is the screenshot and some samples (Thank my son for his support!) :
---------- your help ----------
I would be very grateful if you could:
leave comments here for any feedback or suggestions.
send crash report (logcat) to firstname.lastname@example.org
If the app crash, please click SEND crash report.
---------- download ----------
You can install it from Google Play Store,
The apk V1.1 can also be download from this link.
---------- by the way ----------
I also created a Medium post about my experience on my first app PicPac Camera. Click here if you are interested.
Thank you all