After a month's effort to play with Android's canvas and different gestures, here comes my second app - Visummly. The idea is to turn any video into an amazing collage image, quick and fun.
If you like this app, please give me a good rating on Google Play. Thank you.
---------- Why I build this app ------------
1. We record videos occasionally, but most of them have never been shared, because recording an interesting-enough video is very hard.
2. We shoot less videos than photos because we use them less, and video editing is time-consuming.
3. Many videos contain lots of great moments (more than you would expect) that can be highlighted/shared.
4. Sometimes it is just too hard to shoot photos at the best moments. Just miss it! The camera is not very fast.
Visummly is a new way to use your video, extract important moments from it, and reorganize it in a fun way.
Hopefully it will make you shoot more videos
---------- See it live on Youtube ------------
---------- Who am I ------------
I am a PhD student at University of Sydney, doing research on Automatic video summarization. However, this is quite difficult and summarization quality is very subjective. Then here comes the idea of allowing users manually "summarize" their videos using a collage image (that's why called Visummly). I am personally quite impressed by the final resulting app, especially that I found there are so many interesting moments even in a boring video. Even better, putting these moments in a nice way could really bring life to a static image.
---------- Features ----------
Let you pick the best moments from a video, arrange them into a collage.
You can change layout (frames), background color/pattern, border width, with smooth animations.
User interface has been tailored to be easy to use and blazing fast. Confused? Click on the question marks to see how to use.
Here is the screenshot and some samples (Thank my son for his support!) :
---------- your help ----------
I would be very grateful if you could:
leave comments here for any feedback or suggestions.
send crash report (logcat) to firstname.lastname@example.org
If the app crash, please click SEND crash report.
Incredible work you did here! I think it is a great idea and allows me to finally use my videos for something.
Can't wait to see the progress of this app in the future,
Some suggestions for features....
1) Adding images to the collage from gallery if you already have that perfect shot. (incorporated into the video still image capture window)
2) Adding a custom wallpaper from gallery to your collage.
3) Allowing the user to choose how much of the video they want to use and how many fps they want to use as opposed to the fixed 1fps for the first 30 secs of video.
4) Allow the user to choose the quality of the image output from best quality to least.
Regardless of their OS choice, computing power users generally share one common … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?