Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,261 Members 37,466 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[2.0.3b] APK Studio - Cross-Platform IDE for Reverse Engineering Android Applications

Tip us?

vaibhavpandeyvpz
Old
(Last edited by vaibhavpandeyvpz; 17th September 2014 at 11:46 AM.) Reason: Under Development
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 209

DONATE TO ME
Calculator [2.0.3b] APK Studio - Cross-Platform IDE for Reverse Engineering Android Applications

APK Studio is now made cross-platform and is available for download as a public-beta.

APK Studio is an IDE for decompiling/editing & then recompiling of android application binaries. Unlike initial release being Windows exclusive & also didn't support frameworks, this one is completely re-written using QT for cross-platform support. You can now have multiple frameworks installed & pick a particular one on a per project basis.

Decompiling/Recompiling Features:
  • Multiple Framework Management
  • Decompile/Recompile APK
  • Automatic Signing & Zip-align

Editor Features:
  • XML/SMALI Code Assist
  • XML/SMALI Syntax Highlighting

ADB Features:
  • Batch Install APKs
  • Pull/Disable/Enable/Uninstall Applications
  • File Browser With CHMOD
  • Partition/Mounts Manager

Probably this one is first IDE for the purpose built for Ubuntu/Linux.

Changelog:
2.0.3b 20140605:
  1. Non-english character encoding fixed (Windows)

2.0.2b 20140604:
  1. Default binaries location (Windows/Linux)
  2. About dialog size (Linux)
  3. Application icon added (Windows/Linux)
  4. New project fields input validation (Windows/Linux)
  5. Settings input validation (Windows/Linux)

2.0.1b 20140604:
  1. Initial release

Download:
https://apkstudio.codeplex.com

Credits:
Request:
Whoever posted this here or others who going to do same are requested to instead of attaching a particular build, kindly post link to either my website or this XDA post as this software is in beta and it may contains further bugs. People who download the attached builds may not be able to come to know there is an update & will fill up larger amount of area in his/her small brain with complaints. That was no offence you did, as this is just a request from my side.

Update:
With thanks for users as well as testers & after reading the comments then going through all problems users have been through, I re-started development of APK Studio from scratch. You can keep track of it on Github at: https://github.com/vaibhavpandeyvpz/apkstudio. Hopefully, this release will bring back the source viewing feature from the initial release.

Devices:
Samsung Galaxy GT-S7562
Samsung Core GT-I8262
HTC Desire X T328W

Social:
Facebook | Twitter | Google+

Links:
Blog | BitBucket | Github
The Following 189 Users Say Thank You to vaibhavpandeyvpz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Westnile
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I look forward to trying this out I am to the point when I use command line stuff I start to fall asleep lol.

Sent from my immorality and my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2 sponsored by the letter mmm donuts... DOH!

ewa3h
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Great one http://forum.xda-developers.com/images/smilies/good.gif
but it lags during compiling
any help ??

vaibhavpandeyvpz
Old
(Last edited by vaibhavpandeyvpz; 7th November 2013 at 09:28 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 209

DONATE TO ME
Prompt Please brief about the problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewa3h View Post
Great one http://forum.xda-developers.com/images/smilies/good.gif
but it lags during compiling
any help ??
Can you provide me with some sort of brief with what you meant with "it lags during compiling"?
Did it recompile or not?
What you were recompiling (if that ain't confidential)?

That would help me recreating the issue so that I can check with it & fix the issue when I get back at home!

Lastly, thanks for your feedback!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vaibhavpandeyvpz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kerberos2k
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you!

I wanna try it!

XxTeXx07xX
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Thumbs up THANK YOU

This is a great TOOL! I tried this out and it works great. I didnt experience any LAG what so ever... Love the features! Been looking for a apktool like this forever. Cant stand typing all the freaking cmds... NICE JOB!!!! and for the negative feed back about the lag..... I think its your lame computer thats lagging not the app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XxTeXx07xX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

harveyr4
Old
Thanks Meter 15
can someone give a little how to use guide? I'm a noobie

vaibhavpandeyvpz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 209

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTeXx07xX View Post
This is a great TOOL! I tried this out and it works great. I didnt experience any LAG what so ever... Love the features! Been looking for a apktool like this forever. Cant stand typing all the freaking cmds... NICE JOB!!!! and for the negative feed back about the lag..... I think its your lame computer thats lagging not the app
Actually you know what, I's waiting for such response!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vaibhavpandeyvpz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vaibhavpandeyvpz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 209

DONATE TO ME
Wink Easy man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyr4 View Post
can someone give a little how to use guide? I'm a noobie
Hey harveyr4! It's quit easy & self-explanatory! You go to File > Open APK > browse to your APK file & select it..., wait & watch the status bar! You will then be presented with the real thing inside You can double click any smali file from package (use package explorer on the left), edit it then you can recompile it from the Build menu!
The Following User Says Thank You to vaibhavpandeyvpz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vbr_dll
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i love develper i try and i poste