[ROM][4.4.2][KOT49H][AOSP][SPR][USC] Octo-Kat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Grommish

Aug 21, 2009
www.teamoctos.com

Screenshot4_zpse298fc5b.png

Disclaimer: OctOS is a WIP. It has been evaluated as being stable, and is suitable for daily use in most cases. While it may be considered stable, there may be unknown bugs. The development team is not responsible for any damage to your device or your information.

Rules for inquiring a subject matter concerning this project are:
1. Read the OP fully.
2. For bug reports, we need a log to assess the issue. Capture a log while replicating the issue.
3. Do not ask ETA's on updates; you will be ignored.
4. Use the "search this thread" feature to make sure your question wasn't already answered by using key words.
5. Only ask a question about this project. Any questions about another ROM or project will be disregarded.
6. You don't like our OctOS symbol. Too bad.
7. You want 100% untouched/unmodified AOSP. This isn't the ROM for you.
8. Team OctOs/Octo-Kat is open source. You can always build it yourself.

features_zps4ffd054f.png
AOSP Android 4.4.2 KOT49H

OctOs Settings - These features are included and can be enabled at the user's preference
  • US Cellular support
  • Navigation Bar (On-Screen Buttons)
  • Notification LED control
  • Status Bar control
  • Active Display
  • Application Side-Bar
  • Battery Bar
  • Quick-Tiles
  • Theme Engine
  • Power Menu Options
  • Apps Ops preserved

screenshots_zps0a8a928b.png

th_Screenshot_2013-12-27-17-35-31_zps1qnna7ad.png
th_Screenshot_2013-12-27-17-35-45_zpsd3uw1nbr.png
th_Screenshot_2013-12-27-17-35-55_zpspq9a8wjp.png
th_Screenshot_2013-12-27-17-36-10_zpsns0vhs4o.png

downloads_zps53bf4168.png

Uploaded to XDA's DevDB
-Do Not Mirror our files without talking to us. We can do that ourselves should we desire to.-

Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why isn't there XXXXXXX feature.
A: Shoot us a Suggestion if you want to see something added. While we are not going to promise to implement, we will always look into it

Q: But CM and all the others have..
A: ROM developers, including CM, build something they want to use. The ROM dev that includes something they won't run implies less than 100% effort to ensure it does work. As a team, we have similar goals and objectives. If XYZ ROM has a feature you want, and we don't (or don't want), feel free to use XYZ ROM, or build your own custom version of Octo-Kat

ADB Logcat tutorial here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1726238How to create a logcat log

Bugs:
Let us know if you run into bugs. Get Syslog from the Android Market, if you don't already have it. No logs and we can only try to recreate the event off of vague descriptions. Please also include what you were doing when it FCed or failed. Logs can be emailed to: teamoctos@gmail.com

• App-Sidebar Refresh - App-Sidebar tends to disappear
  • Carrier-Option Menu choice FC
  • Bluetooth when connected to Automotive Headunits
    - This is a known Android Issue and has been reported to Google here and here

Basic Instructions:
  1. Download ROM .zip file
  2. Download KitKat GApps - * See Note Below! *
  3. Download latest SuperSU flashable
  4. Reboot to Recovery (Note: Use Three-Finger or adb reboot recovery - ROM Manager or similar software is NOT supported)
    --- TWRP is the ONLY recovery Team OctOs uses - We do not support flashing on CWM ---
  5. Flash ROM, GApps, SuperSU .zip files
  6. Clear Dalvik/Cache
  7. Reboot

A Note about the Team OctOs GApps
We in Team OctOs believe in choices. We believe in leaving the fundamental decisions about your phone to you.

In that spirit, Team OctOs gives you options for your GApps experiences. While any ODEX'ed GApps package should work, we offer you the choice of using some of the same GApps packages that we use ourselves, and leave the choice up to you.

You can find our Team OctOs GApps packages here, and break down into the following types:
  • GPe - Google Experience
    • Regular GPe GApps
    • Dalvik-Enhanced GPe GApps
  • AOSP
    • AOSP GApps
    • Dalvik-Enhanced AOSP GApps

The Dalvik-Enhanced packages are NOT ART compatible. If you plan to run ART, don't use those.

Special thanks to
  • @broodplank1337 for the great aosp source to start
  • @buckmarble for helping on a lot of random issues. :good:

We would also like to thank
  • CyanogenMod for their device specific files and drivers
  • ChameleonOS
  • SlimROM
  • Anyone else who has ever submitted Open-Source code

We will only update the DevDB with Stable Releases, whenever possible. This means that the DevDB may be behind non-milestone releases. If you have an issue with compulsive flashing, or feel the need to live 'life on the edge of brick', we invite you to follow us on Facebook and/or Twitter. Any dailies that can be released, we will release there. Please note, we pull these releases after a day or two, so if the latest link posted there is empty, simply wait until the next one.

- Follow Team OctOs on Facebook

XDA:DevDB Information
OctOS-Galaxy S 4 variants, a ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
Grommish, Dubbsy, hlxanthus, treken, agat63, cjkacz, buckmarble, winner00, wizard0f0s
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Sprint/USC Galaxy S 4 rooted with recovery
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Beta Release Date: 2013-12-27

Created 2013-10-21
Last Updated 2014-01-12

WhiteSRT69

Sep 21, 2012
Budd Lake
I have a question...i am looking for a 4.3 rom to work with my Galaxy Gear....if i were to flash this Rom and then install the Samsung apps APK to get the Gear Manager app would that work or do i definetly need a Touchwiz rom?

Dubbsy

Mar 12, 2013
York
Just making presence known. I'm currently building for every carrier and we will have a new built that will for sure work for sprint and verizon, but might also work for all other 7 carriers too.

DevBox is ticking away. I think I'm 3 carriers from being done.

Grommish

Aug 21, 2009
www.teamoctos.com
Everything works. We've been sneakily testing it in conjunction with the VZW Build.

3G EVDO Rev.A, eHRPD, and LTE all work.
GPS, Bluetooth, etc all work.

And yes, the Aroma Installer can be used to flash GApps and/or Kernels without redoing the entire ROM (though that is also an option).

Last edited:

tcurtiss92

Oct 13, 2013
quick little update

camera works
gps locks quick fast
3g and LTE
SMS and MMS
rom seems snappy quick and responsive
flashed to remove octopus on lock screen worked
sdcard mounts and is read
no gallery issues
clean smooth aosp experience
question will comadose work with this?

just gotta check on battery life so far its looking really good!

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

i didnt flash stock kernel i flashed agats just because always had good luck with it lol
just wish i had a way to clear everything quick instead of swiping each app off the task manager other than that i like a lot!

Last edited:
Reactions: mjs2011

mjs2011

May 25, 2011
quick little update

camera works
gps locks quick fast
3g and LTE
SMS and MMS
no gallery issues

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

i didnt flash stock kernel i flashed agats just because always had good luck with it lol
just wish i had a way to clear everything quick instead of swiping each app off the task manager other than that i like a lot!

That's fantastic news! Thanks for taking the first plunge. :)

tcurtiss92

Oct 13, 2013
No adblocker can I use one on this ROM? Signal bars are a little wonky data Still works but is not indicated by the bars

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

Blaze611

Jan 28, 2012
Summerville
Everything works amazingly. Now if only CM would take notice on how data should work. Daily driver AOSP found.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Grommish

Aug 21, 2009
www.teamoctos.com
quick little update

camera works
gps locks quick fast
3g and LTE
SMS and MMS
no gallery issues

@agat63 has made the kernel for us, but doesn't release it separately. Currently, he is working on his TW kernel and will turn his attention back this way when he has the chance.

The stock kernel isn't a slouch! I suggest trying it. Remember, the installer package can be used to switch kernels.

9uvavema.jpg

No adblocker can I use one on this ROM? Signal bars are a little wonky data Still works but is not indicated by the bars

We don't include it, and I don't use it, but no reason it shouldn't work of it works on other AOSP ROMs. What do you mean by "wonky"? Meaning showing low?

erevazyr.jpg

2 bars for -88dB is pretty fair I think.

psych0r3bel

Dec 22, 2010
New York City
You know what, I just reread the OP. I guess I'll change this. What Samsung Apps are compatible with this? For instance, if I so desired could I pull the phone/dialer from a TW Rom and plug it into this with the stock and/or any other custom kernel?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Screenshot4_zpse298fc5b.png

Disclaimer: OctOS is a WIP. It has been evaluated as being stable, and is suitable for daily use in most cases. While it may be considered stable, there may be unknown bugs. The development team is not responsible for any damage to your device or your information.

Rules for inquiring a subject matter concerning this project are:
    1. Read the OP fully.
    2. For bug reports, we need a log to assess the issue. Capture a log while replicating the issue.
    3. Do not ask ETA's on updates; you will be ignored.
    4. Use the "search this thread" feature to make sure your question wasn't already answered by using key words.
    5. Only ask a question about this project. Any questions about another ROM or project will be disregarded.
    6. You don't like our OctOS symbol. Too bad.
    7. You want 100% untouched/unmodified AOSP. This isn't the ROM for you.
    8. Team OctOs/Octo-Kat is open source. You can always build it yourself.

features_zps4ffd054f.png
    AOSP Android 4.4.2 KOT49H

OctOs Settings - These features are included and can be enabled at the user's preference
    • US Cellular support
    • Navigation Bar (On-Screen Buttons)
    • Notification LED control
    • Status Bar control
    • Active Display
    • Application Side-Bar
    • Battery Bar
    • Quick-Tiles
    • Theme Engine
    • Power Menu Options
    • Apps Ops preserved

screenshots_zps0a8a928b.png

th_Screenshot_2013-12-27-17-35-31_zps1qnna7ad.png
    th_Screenshot_2013-12-27-17-35-45_zpsd3uw1nbr.png
    th_Screenshot_2013-12-27-17-35-55_zpspq9a8wjp.png
    th_Screenshot_2013-12-27-17-36-10_zpsns0vhs4o.png

downloads_zps53bf4168.png

Uploaded to XDA's DevDB
    -Do Not Mirror our files without talking to us. We can do that ourselves should we desire to.-

Frequently Asked Questions
    Q: Why isn't there XXXXXXX feature.
    A: Shoot us a Suggestion if you want to see something added. While we are not going to promise to implement, we will always look into it

Q: But CM and all the others have..
    A: ROM developers, including CM, build something they want to use. The ROM dev that includes something they won't run implies less than 100% effort to ensure it does work. As a team, we have similar goals and objectives. If XYZ ROM has a feature you want, and we don't (or don't want), feel free to use XYZ ROM, or build your own custom version of Octo-Kat

ADB Logcat tutorial here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1726238How to create a logcat log

Bugs:
    Let us know if you run into bugs. Get Syslog from the Android Market, if you don't already have it. No logs and we can only try to recreate the event off of vague descriptions. Please also include what you were doing when it FCed or failed. Logs can be emailed to: teamoctos@gmail.com

• App-Sidebar Refresh - App-Sidebar tends to disappear
    • Carrier-Option Menu choice FC
    • Bluetooth when connected to Automotive Headunits
      - This is a known Android Issue and has been reported to Google here and here

Basic Instructions:
    1. Download ROM .zip file
    2. Download KitKat GApps - * See Note Below! *
    3. Download latest SuperSU flashable
    4. Reboot to Recovery (Note: Use Three-Finger or adb reboot recovery - ROM Manager or similar software is NOT supported)
      --- TWRP is the ONLY recovery Team OctOs uses - We do not support flashing on CWM ---
    5. Flash ROM, GApps, SuperSU .zip files
    6. Clear Dalvik/Cache
    7. Reboot

A Note about the Team OctOs GApps
    We in Team OctOs believe in choices. We believe in leaving the fundamental decisions about your phone to you.

In that spirit, Team OctOs gives you options for your GApps experiences. While any ODEX'ed GApps package should work, we offer you the choice of using some of the same GApps packages that we use ourselves, and leave the choice up to you.

You can find our Team OctOs GApps packages here, and break down into the following types:
    • GPe - Google Experience
      • Regular GPe GApps
      • Dalvik-Enhanced GPe GApps
    • AOSP
      • AOSP GApps
      • Dalvik-Enhanced AOSP GApps

The Dalvik-Enhanced packages are NOT ART compatible. If you plan to run ART, don't use those.

Special thanks to
    • @broodplank1337 for the great aosp source to start
    • @buckmarble for helping on a lot of random issues. :good:

We would also like to thank
    • CyanogenMod for their device specific files and drivers
    • ChameleonOS
    • SlimROM
    • Anyone else who has ever submitted Open-Source code

We will only update the DevDB with Stable Releases, whenever possible. This means that the DevDB may be behind non-milestone releases. If you have an issue with compulsive flashing, or feel the need to live 'life on the edge of brick', we invite you to follow us on Facebook and/or Twitter. Any dailies that can be released, we will release there. Please note, we pull these releases after a day or two, so if the latest link posted there is empty, simply wait until the next one.

- Follow Team OctOs on Facebook

XDA:DevDB Information
    OctOS-Galaxy S 4 variants, a ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
    Grommish, Dubbsy, hlxanthus, treken, agat63, cjkacz, buckmarble, winner00, wizard0f0s
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Sprint/USC Galaxy S 4 rooted with recovery
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2013-12-27

Created 2013-10-21
    Last Updated 2014-01-12
    u5edajyj.jpg

It's coming. I know it's been dead here for a bit, but the change to 4.4 meant starting over.

Whenever I see things like this, I just giggle.

For the impatient, you can always build your own. Our repo is public; have at it. Although, if it was building as it should, we wouldn't be having this conversation, would we?

http://www.github.com/Octo-Kat

Fill your boots.

I'll even do one better.

12/4 Sprint build
    https://copy.com/16mjh

KK GApps
    https://copy.com/nL2Bm

SuperSU 1.80
    https://copy.com/n7N41

Testers have reported issues with Bluetooth, WiFi, and exFAT.

Use at your own risk. The drop of 4.4.1 caused issues for everyone and we all have lives to. :)

Any way we can get the wallpapers from out of this ROM?

Like removed from the build? No. It's our ROM. If you don't like them don't use them.

Extracted for other use sure. Just find the OctSun OctPhase and OctPapers apks in system/app and copy them.

But the wallpaper package is in early beta right now. I'll be working on it more tomorrow to fix some errors

sent from my Verizon Galaxy sIV
    Yeah as a heads up ever since the first release in Verizon section it's been announced as sprint capable. We are just getting around to rolling out the rest of the threads.

Reason being... We were hoping we could symlink shell threads that all linked to one so we could answer all issues in one spot. Which is why im going to stress again to use the q&a link above to post anything that you want the team to see. Or answer.Each carrier will all be supported in one single zip. So what effects one may effect all. Either way grom will likely be the only one of us in here regularly for random updates. I may pop in here and there.

The whole team will be in the vzw thread. And you well get responses right away.

And I don't think I can stress enough.... All carriers once released will be in one ROM zip under 700mb with full gapps options, Google play preset option, camera options, file managers, kernels, etc. And what we are most proud of is it automatically detects what phone you have and installs the right carrier specific files without you ever having to select anything. It took forever for hlx to lock that down. And it's taken even longer to fully automate the aroma building process. Which grom and hlx totally owned.

Hope you guys like it :)

sent from my Verizon Galaxy sIV