I'm an irregular poster on here but found myself in the position of having a genuine registered copy of TomTom Navigator 5 and unable to use it on my M5000 having just upgraded from the M1000 and M2000.
Elsewhere on this forum, I found thie following which is a very helpful guide to installing TTN5 with Bluetooth GPS.
Hope it works for you too.
There are 3 key steps in making TomTom 5 work on an i-mate JasJar with a Bluetooth GPS.
Many tips are scattered around in different Forums.
Here is a COMPLETE overview of what to do.
STEP 1 : INSTALL TOMTOM5
You do this by copying the CAB files from the CDROM (eg F:\PocketPC) to the JasJar and launch one by one from there with the explorer of the JasJar.
You can install voices the same manner by copying the CAB files to the Jasjar (eg from F:\Voice on the CDROM)
STEP 2 : UPGRADE TO V5.1
Extract and copy the files to a folder on the JasJar and install them from there.
STEP 3 : ACTIVATE THE GPS CONTROL PANEL
Fire up a registry editor (eg http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities...ryeditor.shtml
Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MASCHINE\ControlPanel\GPS Settings
Delete the DWORD marked "hide"
Add a DWORD called "Group" and give it the value of "2" (dec)
The GPS panel will now show up in your connection settings.
STEP 4 : INSTALL TOMTOM5
1. Establish a bond with your GPS and select the checkbox for serial access.
2. In BT, select the OUTGOING port to 8.
3. In the GPS control panel, select the GPS program to 0 and make sure that the hardware one, is set to None.
4. Start TT5 and the GPS settings, select another bluetooth GPS, and you will see COM 0 free. Select COM 0 and close TT5.
5. At the GPS control panel again, now select COM 8 (before we set it up at 0).
6. At BT: select OUTGOING port to 0.
7. Back again to GPS control panel and select NONE.
8. Finally start TT5 and it should connect automatically. Wait for a couple of seconds and click the GPS settings and you should see it has connected.