[GUIDE][I9500][Help Thread] Updating, Resolving soft bricks, root issues and stuff.
This is the guide for updating to 4.3 from stock unrooted state or while having a custom rom on it.
This process is quite tedious for unpatient people so stay away from the thread if you cant follow all the steps.
Many people have suffered bootlops or worse issues when trying to update to 4.2.2. Alright. Thisthread will also be used for helping people who hace bricked their devices and i will actively help whenever i can.
Galaxy S4 I9500 (exynos/octa)
odin version 3.09 (attached to 2nd post)
A stock 4.3 firmware package (take it from firmware thread)
cwm 188.8.131.52 by S.a.M.e.R_d (for root users) link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2489234
adonis.pit (8.94 gb) (attached to 2nd post)
cf autoroot(for root users) link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2292615
Degrated Shadow's KNOX Remover.zip script (attached to the post
some patience and brain (no links for these .. lol.. cant attach either)
Scenario 1: You aren't rooted and have all the status's official and old bootloader on 4.2.2
Best way for you is to connect to the kies and download and update and install it through kies.
Do not download otas
For some people it gives bootlopping error and for some it just works alright. It bootlop'ed for my brother but not for my friend who were on same stock firmwares and all.
if it is bootlopping now
1. Go to recovery (when phone is switched off press power butoon+volume up+home button)
2. Wipe Data/Factory Reset (this will wipe your data and its necessary because now you cant downgrade without triggering you warranty bit)
Scenario 2: You are on prerooted stock firmware.
Download the 4.3 firmware package(with 4 files)
Set the drivers up on windows
1. Open Odin v3.09
2. Put appropriate files in AP BL CP CSC
CSC=file starting with CSC
3. Download the adonis it and put it in pit.
4. Connect device in download mode (when phone is switched off press and hold power button+volume down+home button)
Voila you are done.
Scenario 3: You are rooted and are on custom roms or a custom pit
(adonis_c.pit comes with 11.82 gb storage which is incompatible
with 4.3 firmwares.
1. Flash pit seperately without the firmware package in odin v3.09
2. Perform a battery pull then put the battery back
3. Go into download mode (when phone is switched off press and hold power button+volume down+home button).
4. Flash the 4 package file
CSC=file starting with CSC
5. Flash cf autoroot by chainfire by putting it in AP
let it root and install stock recovery
6. Go back to download mode and install GT-I9500-CWM-184.108.40.206.tar Build #1 as AP
Step 7 and following are to be followed for using custom roms although they arent available at the time this is posted. wanam has relesed 3.0 but is a test rom
7. Boot back into recovery and go to mounts and storage
Format everything except the ext sd card
8. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
Wipe Dalvik Cache(in advanced menu in cwm)
this whole step might seem unnecessary but always be at the safer side
9. Install the custom rom and boot back into android
10. Flash the KNOX remover script by me
11. YOU are good to go
Voila you are done
NOW FOR ROOT USERS
after setting up all accounts and stuff
1. Go to play store.
2. Update supersu.
3. Open supersu and install the binaries.
4. Flash the KNOX remover script by me OR Install Titanium Backup link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...umBackup&hl=en
5. Freeze or delete all knox crap. ( I prefer deleting).
Now you are set and ready to install all the apps and root is working.
Scenario 4: you are on 4.3. want to flash a custom rom. and dont care about warranty.
1. Flash CF autoroot by chainfire/ Flash latest perseus kernel
2. Then power off. go to download mode (power button+Home button+volume down)(
3. Flash cwm 220.127.116.11
4. Flash any custom rom you want now from recovery. but remember to format system atleast once before that.
( for cf autoroot)
(for cwm 18.104.22.168
(for explaining that the security policy is hardcoded into the kernel)
(He will also help people in my absence because of boards)
(for solving my doubts in day to day life)
Samsung (for knox crap, painful security policy, irritating enforcing mode of selinux, and the smoothest ever touchwiz ROM)