Prevention Information Message

Search This thread

howie411

Jun 23, 2011
Ok, so I've seen a few post regarding this but looks like its from folks with rooted devices or Galaxy S4.

For the last 4 days I've been getting the following: Prevention Information Message: An application has been forced to stop for an unauthorized attempt to access system in your device.

I can click ok, and all it does it show me a list of running stuff. But not what item is causing the error.

If I look at my most recent updates: the following Apps were updated:

AT&T Messages
Lookout Security (Not using this)
PEN.UP
Sansung WatchON
YP Local Search and Gas Prices
Ant Radio Service
AT&T DriveMode

Any ideas?

dreadylock

Mar 31, 2009
tacoma
I'm having the same problem
this is what it says:
an application has been forced to stop for an unauthorized access to system in your device.

it may be safe to delete an application obtained from an unauthorized route check now
I'm on stock android all my apps are from the play store and lookout says there's no malware
what could this be and how do i get rid of it?

howie411

Jun 23, 2011
I'm having the same problem
this is what it says:
an application has been forced to stop for an unauthorized access to system in your device.

it may be safe to delete an application obtained from an unauthorized route check now
I'm on stock android all my apps are from the play store and lookout says there's no malware
what could this be and how do i get rid of it?

I contacted Samsung but they weren't much help. They seem to think it was a bad ATT Messaging App update, but after we removed it, and cleared the cache it was still happening. So they told me to contact ATT, go figure....

dreadylock

Mar 31, 2009
tacoma
same ole same ole

last nighy i went thru all my apps the only new thing i install and had running was bbm for android so i force stop it and the problem seems to went away i'll be checking on it every hour to be certain :victory::victory:

howie411

Jun 23, 2011
last nighy i went thru all my apps the only new thing i install and had running was bbm for android so i force stop it and the problem seems to went away i'll be checking on it every hour to be certain :victory::victory:

I ended up just wiping my phone, wasn't much on it yet. I had tried uninstalling the following things first, and didnt seem to help.

Ant+ Plugin+
Ant Radio Service
AT&T DriveMode
AT&T Messages
PEN.UP

Now I will just install 1 thing at a time and see which breaks it.

I get the same message when I try to run an app that has been restored by Titanium Backup.

"Unknown sources" is ticked.

"Verify apps" is unticked.

The device is rooted via. CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505 and I'm running the latest firmware as of late October 2013.

Confused and frustrated!

NaxIonz

Aug 4, 2010
Dallas
What is so infuriating about this, is that it doesn't tell you which app it is blocking. What in the hell is the point of blocking something if you're not going to even tell me what the potential threat was?!

jollyjones

Aug 8, 2010
Same problem! Tell me what app to uninstall you dang phone! Can someone please help us?

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

howie411

Jun 23, 2011
The same problem ... Anyone have a solution ???

My model is N9005 and rooted

So I wiped my phone and did 1 to 2 installs of apps a day (left all the ATT stuff until the end). This morning I started getting the message again.

It has to be from either AT&T Drive, or AT&T Locker. Those are the last 2 I installed before it started happening. The odd thing is I uninstalled those and then actually turned them off and its still happening. So I dont even know what to do at this point.

Guide6

Oct 1, 2013
So I wiped my phone and did 1 to 2 installs of apps a day (left all the ATT stuff until the end). This morning I started getting the message again.

It has to be from either AT&T Drive, or AT&T Locker. Those are the last 2 I installed before it started happening. The odd thing is I uninstalled those and then actually turned them off and its still happening. So I dont even know what to do at this point.

I don't have any of the AT&T stuff and I got the message. As said previously, it is triggered by turning your wi-fi on. If you restart your phone with wifi on without turning it off and on or loosing connection, you don't get the message.

I went through force closing all my apps one by one, same thing.

husnain.mohammed

Apr 8, 2012
I kept receiving this message. However I tried this today and the message doesn't appear anymore in the notification bar. What I did was when 'prevention message' appear I long pressed on the message and press 'app info'. It led straight to knox notification. I force stopped it, cleared the data and cache. Then straight away I went to settings> general> security, and unticked unknown sources. Worked for me

Last edited:

Guide6

Oct 1, 2013
I kept receiving this message. However I tried this today and the message doesn't appear anymore in the notification bar. What I did was when 'prevention message' appear I long pressed on the message and press 'app info'. It led straight to knox notification. I force stopped it, cleared the data and cache. Then straight away I went to settings> general> security, and unticked unknown sources. Worked for me

I tried your way and it works for me now, finger crossed!

Limeybastard

Tried it we shall see.

Sent from my SM-N900T

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1383227014556.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1383227014556.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 586
  • uploadfromtaptalk1383227035564.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1383227035564.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 549

Guide6

Oct 1, 2013

Isn't Knox the app that is originally giving this warning? If you force close it, it will stop giving the message without solving the reason of the message. The problem is solved by unchecking the Unknown Sources and clearing cache and data without force closing knox.

Last edited:

husnain.mohammed

Apr 8, 2012
Isn't Knox the app that is originally giving this warning? If you force close it, it will stop giving the message without solving the reason of the message. The problem is solved by unchecking the Unknown Sources and clearing cache and data without force closing knox.

It wouldn't work for me wben I just unchecked the unknown sources. It worked when I long pressed on the prevention message and cleared cache and data then untick unknown sources

LarsChristian

Sep 2, 2011

I don't have any of the AT&T stuff and I got the message. As said previously, it is triggered by turning your wi-fi on. If you restart your phone with wifi on without turning it off and on or loosing connection, you don't get the message.

I went through force closing all my apps one by one, same thing.

Don't have anything from AT&T, they are not even a carrier in my country, and I also get this message

Did this now, seems to work. I'll wait until tomorrow to give it a Y or N.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What is so infuriating about this, is that it doesn't tell you which app it is blocking. What in the hell is the point of blocking something if you're not going to even tell me what the potential threat was?!

This did work for me, have not received the message the last 24 hours

Why would it do this if Knox is not even checked ?

Sent from my SM-N900T

Happend to me. Never opened the KNOX app.
    I started getting this today. Everything is stock.

Connecting to WiFi seems to trigger it.
    Knox is in the kernel from what I understand
    As far as the rooted devices the notification has to do with apps trying to gain access to root
    Use titanium backup and disable all knox related apps
    And the notification will go away
    Worked for me

Worked for me as well. Make sure to disable all the Knox related Apps:

• com.sec.enterprise.knox.attestation
    • com.sec.knox.eventsmanager
    • KLMS Agent
    • KNOX (I had 2 of those)
    • Knox Notification Manager
    • KNOX Store

(found those here)

I did that about a week ago, and haven't had any Prevention messages again.