[MOD] Enable Bravia 2 engine or x-Reality v1.1 (without sharpening)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Bravia engine for Mobile, was Sony’s popular technology for enhancing image and video qualities on a mobile device. It has since been replaced with x-Reality for Mobile. (which is rubbish)

I've found the lines of code associated with Bravia1 and Bravia2 for mobile, and @ZeroInfinity has ported some settings from the x-reality engine off the Z1 for other xperia devices. So I've used his settings and think it should also work on the Ultra.
    ** I am now without a device as my Ultra has been sent back for a warranty issue, so I didn't get to test this. If you want to test this thats great, but make a backup before you do **

So... there are three options here...
    You can have the engines disabled, Bravia2 enabled, or x-Reality v1.1 enabled.
    - Bravia2 has the most saturation,
    - x-Reality v1.1 should have slightly more saturation than stock and the image sharpening has been disabled so should look good...

Requirements

ROM – Stock Sony ROM needed (possibly other Sony ROM's)
    Root Access
    Working recovery
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Bravia2​

If you like the look of the Bravia2 engine, then flash this. No sharpening, just image saturation.

Download the Sony Bravia Engine 2

Method:
    -Download the zip file from above link
    -Store it on your SD card / internal memory of phone
    -Reboot into recovery
    -Install “Bravia2.zip” from SD card
    -Reboot device

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
    x - Reality V1.1​

If you would rather keep 'x-Reality', but still not fond of the image sharpening, then this is the mod for you.
    This is the updated Mobile Bravia Engine2 along with a few things from x-Reality.

Download the Sony x-Reality v1.1 engine

Method:
    -Download the zip file from above link
    -Store it on your SD card / internal memory of phone
    -Reboot into recovery
    -Install “Bravia2.zip” from SD card
    -Edit your build.prop and find the following lines of code:

ro.service.swiqi.supported=true
    persist.service.swiqi.enable=1

and change it to this:

ro.service.swiqi2.supported=true
    persist.service.swiqi2.enable=1

ro.service.swiqi3.supported=true
    persist.service.swiqi3.enable=1

-Reboot!
    -Done
    Curious to try this :) but have a few questions first :)

Under requirements it says "Sony Stock Rom needed (possibly other sony roms)" - I'm on the new 257 firmware and I'm deodexed - does that rule me out? (yes, I have recovery and root)

Also, can I flash bravia2 then flash x-reality afterwards if I wanted to compare, or would I have to undo the bravia2 install first - which raises my next question - how to uninstall and return to stock if neither new engine impresses (reflash rom?)

Thanks mate :)

sent from my Sony Xperia Z Ultra

As long as you have a Sony base it should work. (Stock 257 will work, deodexed... should be fine) You could have them both side by side, and they will appear in the display settings, however I'm not 100% sure if they wouldn't interfere with each other and may even look the same.

Make a CWM backup and then restore if you don't like it, or something weird happens. I was testing when I had to send my unit back for reps.
    I do not see anything different both

On Bravia2
    B1B3sJp.jpg

Off Bravia2
    B1B3sJp.jpg
    Can we enable x-reality only for album and not in video...?

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

no. If its on, then thats all. Its always on in all apps.
    You could change it to be off for video and on for album, but thats within messing with settings within applications themselves, and something i'd need to play with to be sure doesnt effect other features..