[Xposed][Mod] Xposed Recent Tasks RAM

Search This thread

blchinezu

Jul 6, 2012
Description
Here's another feature I extracted from the GravityBox Xposed Module.
The module adds a bar at the top of recent tasks screen showing the amount of used/free RAM.

Requirements:
Xposed Recent Tasks RAM should work on any device having Xposed 2.1 or greater and Android 4.1 or greater (google based rom.. as mentioned in the GravityBox post "pure or close to pure Android").

Tested on
- Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 with Android 4.3 (teuf3l)
- Samsung Galaxy S with HellyBean (a fork of Cyanogenmod 10.2 - Android 4.3) and Xposed 2.3.1. (myself)
- Samsung Galaxy S3 with 4.1.2 Touchwiz ROM (SuperSmashedBro)
- Samsung Galaxy S4 with WanamLite 1.5 XXUBMH1 Android 4.2.2 (TouchWizz Rom) (yurividal)

Thanks
To C3C076 for his open source development.

Download
From the bottom of this post or from the Xposed Repository.

Update: v1.1
Fixed the number formatting issue (Reported by yurividal)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-10-24-15-32-26.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-10-24-15-32-26.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 28,002
  • Screenshot_2013-10-24-15-32-45.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-10-24-15-32-45.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 23,443
  • XposedRecentTasksRAM1.1.apk
    250.6 KB · Views: 14,281
  • XposedRecentTasksRAM1.1-src.7z
    600.5 KB · Views: 2,395
  • Screenshot_2013-10-25-12-49-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-10-25-12-49-52.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 22,610
Last edited:

yurividal

May 3, 2008
London
Thank You!!! I have been waiting for this a long time! I had also requested Wanam to Add it on His WanamXposed. Can i link him the source code?

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

Just an Observation:

On my i9505 it looks a little weird. I have 2GB of ram. When i see the Bar, i usually see 0.91GB used / 900MB free...
The used part rounds to GB, while the Free remains on MB... this is a little annoying. Would look nicer and be more eye-friendly if it all remained in MB...
GravityBox and XBlast had the same issue. Could that be moded?

It is nothing serious, but i believe it would make the app look nicer.

Thanks for your work!

blchinezu

Jul 6, 2012
Can i link him the source code?
Sure.

GravityBox and XBlast had the same issue. Could that be moded?
The problem obviously persisted since I took the code from GravityBox. I'll look into it. It shouldn't be difficult to fix this.

yurividal

May 3, 2008
London
Nice! Thank you. It shure looks much better and user-friendly now!

Take a look at before and after Screenshots.

By the way, on your description you say it is suposed to work on AOSP roms only. You can go ahead and add Samsung TouchWizz Roms too. ;):D (touchwizz users will have 2 clear-all buttons. One from Samsung on the bottom, and one from the Mod on the top. No big deal tough)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-10-25-12-46-13.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-10-25-12-46-13.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 3,001
  • Screenshot_2013-10-25-12-49-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-10-25-12-49-52.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 2,943
Last edited:

blchinezu

Jul 6, 2012
By the way, on your description you say it is suposed to work on AOSP roms only. You can go ahead and add Samsung TouchWizz Roms too. ;):D (touchwizz users will have 2 clear-all buttons. One from Samsung on the bottom, and one from the Mod on the top. No big deal tough)

Thanks for the feedback. I wrote that in the first post.

sd3993

Jan 9, 2013
Google Pixel 4a
Position Bug

Here's a bug i found on the Galaxy Nexus(maguro) running Paranoid Android 3.99 RC2.
It would be really nice if you can fix this! :)

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 2,182
Last edited:
Reactions: Mahennemaha

-viperboy-

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2007
PA
Works on the Sprint Note 3 just fine. Thanks!

vy4ugege.jpg
!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Publiuss

Jun 29, 2012
Hi

I got "invalid package" both using your in OP and the one in repo.xposed.info ... :rolleyes:

Maybe I'm on Android 4.0.4?

blchinezu

Jul 6, 2012
Hi

I got "invalid package" both using your in OP and the one in repo.xposed.info ... :rolleyes:

Maybe I'm on Android 4.0.4?

Yep. It's for 4.1+
Though... If I think it through, this should work with Android 4.0 too. I'll try to decrease the minimum SDK level. I can't guarantee anything but I'll try that and hopefully it will work.

EDIT: Here's it is. It should work on Android 4.0+. Please test and tell me if it works.

Attachments

• XposedRecentTasksRAM1.1-SDK14.apk
    251.6 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Reactions: Publiuss

Publiuss

Jun 29, 2012
Yep. It's for 4.1+
Though... If I think it through, this should work with Android 4.0 too. I'll try to decrease the minimum SDK level. I can't guarantee anything but I'll try that and hopefully it will work.

EDIT: Here's it is. It should work on Android 4.0+. Please test and tell me if it works.

Hi
I can install this, but the module does nothing, nothing is showed in recent tasks screen... :(

sd3993

Jan 9, 2013
Google Pixel 4a
I won't add any user interface. Maybe I'll find a workaround to automatically set the offset when necessary.

Yes that would be more than enough! :)
Or if this gets too difficult you can simply make a separate version where the RAM bar is at the bottom instead of at the top! Or maybe even at the left or right. That way nothing gets overlapped :)

Anyways thanx! :)

h4x0rj3ff

Jul 27, 2008
Tri-Cities, Michigan
This makes Google opinion force close. Disable it and it comes right up again.

Edit: I'm on vzw s3 4.1.2 rooted stock touchwiz

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Description
    Here's another feature I extracted from the GravityBox Xposed Module.
    The module adds a bar at the top of recent tasks screen showing the amount of used/free RAM.

Requirements:
    Xposed Recent Tasks RAM should work on any device having Xposed 2.1 or greater and Android 4.1 or greater (google based rom.. as mentioned in the GravityBox post "pure or close to pure Android").

Tested on
    - Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 with Android 4.3 (teuf3l)
    - Samsung Galaxy S with HellyBean (a fork of Cyanogenmod 10.2 - Android 4.3) and Xposed 2.3.1. (myself)
    - Samsung Galaxy S3 with 4.1.2 Touchwiz ROM (SuperSmashedBro)
    - Samsung Galaxy S4 with WanamLite 1.5 XXUBMH1 Android 4.2.2 (TouchWizz Rom) (yurividal)

Thanks
    To C3C076 for his open source development.

Download
    From the bottom of this post or from the Xposed Repository.

Update: v1.1
    Fixed the number formatting issue (Reported by yurividal)
    Ram bar lowered and clearbutton "hidden" (works on Nexus4/CM11)

so i did some fiddling with the code to get that bar down and away under from the status bar since im using CM11 (android 4.4.4)

Here are the results!

i've attached the apk, ull have to uninstall the original one before you can install... signatures wont match (duh! :))

edit (sept 13 - 11:20pm): Well seems like it is fixed for me :D, had to check for PermanentMenuKey in order to add a "spacer" into landscape mode (not really the best way, but works)

P.S. i never really worked with android dev codes before... ive worked with java enough to know a good chunk of what i can change but not too experienced to get a real app working from scratch. so any help/fixes/advice will be greatly appreciated :D
    also, i am in no way taking credit for this app, im just trying to get the visibility of the bar off from under the status bar n remove the extra clear button... at least for my phone... :p
    Sorry for not replying lately. I also got some PMs related to some of your requests. For some while now my phone is broken so I'm not developing anything until I get another one. Hopefully that will happen soon enough.

I do plan on adding GUI settings for this module. Unfortunately I can't say when will that happen.
    Here's a bug i found on the Galaxy Nexus(maguro) running Paranoid Android 3.99 RC2.
    It would be really nice if you can fix this! :)

I won't add any user interface. Maybe I'll find a workaround to automatically set the offset when necessary.
    The only problem I have with this is that it is clashing with the Tinted Status Bar module, screenshot attached. I've not looked into the source but I'd guess that you can have some sort of margin before the RAM view and dismiss-all elements to avoid this.