Camera lens is supposed to be scratch resistant sapphire. check out this video

Search This thread

teddat

Sep 6, 2007
Even with a brand new phone, i noticed tiny scratches ( you have to use a magnifying glass or slowly rotate it in the right light to see)

and phone has been no where near the insides of any pocket or un raised over any surface with my case. it hasn't seen a single touch or wipe.

some have called them surface stress scratches due to manufacturing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRsXdHavdt0

anyone else?

GHII

Dec 5, 2008
Yuma
Funny you mention it, my buddies camera was terrible, looked foggy and blurry...his lens is scratched really really badly. My camera works great, but when I looked it was also really badly scratched, we both use the same case too. It sucks that it picks up scratches so easily.

afmracer6

Oct 13, 2010
RENO NEVADA
There's a few threads in this problem my lense has these marks in it. I can get a definitive answer if it actually affects photo quality. Mine seems to take pretty good photos

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: alphar

woof123

Dec 10, 2012
To be that badly scratched im not sure how gentle this use was lol,im using mine without a case from when i got it.And it only has 1 superfine minor scratch you can see only in certain angles if you put it directly to the sun.And it was there from when i got it.

jerverg

Sep 5, 2012
None on mine so far. God. You making me OC now guys.

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda premium

Barsky

Aug 23, 2010
MintMobile
Can't recall....Did that lens ship with protective plastic on it? If so, did you remove it? I literally just discovered I missed the plastic over the volume and power button, so I thought it might be a possibility.

denpad2010

Jun 2, 2010
SC
I just got it 2 days ago is night here actually 4:45 am I'll see later I haven't removed any plastic btw and pics are great anyway but I'll post later

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2

dbatech99

Aug 21, 2012
My verizon one looks like crap. Looks cloudy due to abrasions. I am really good about not putting the phone in my pocket with keys and stuff. I don 't know but when I look in the light I see a worn looking spot that does not look right... like abrasion wear or something. I think it affects my picture quality. Don't think pictures are properly focused because of it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Latin America D805 here.

I bought a used G2 to a friend, but i've noticed too late that the camera class was scratched. Googling for information brought me here. I've read Gurck's solution to his camera lens, described as SAME problem that I had. "Well, the polarizer is heavily damaged" I said. So, I took my NOVUS Plastic Polish (toothpaste also works, but slower) and some cotton swabs, I polished gently the camera lens until I completely removed the violet film in the sensor area. Later I took a few photos to compare the result. I'm very satisfied with the result, so I polished the whole glass.
    I got my one clean and it (T-Mobile) LG G2

This was my lens before i did anything
    333xrhx.jpg

And this is my lens now after cleaning it.

16ggzrb.jpg

I first tried toothpast and acetone did not work tried for about 45min+ ans could not clean it then i used this

35lyjif.jpg

and it worked within 20 seconds. . . was soo fast.

here are 2 before and after pics.
    50gleg.jpg

a9mijt.jpg

After

2jbqqo.jpg

2agl26r.jpg
    Even with a brand new phone, i noticed tiny scratches ( you have to use a magnifying glass or slowly rotate it in the right light to see)

and phone has been no where near the insides of any pocket or un raised over any surface with my case. it hasn't seen a single touch or wipe.

some have called them surface stress scratches due to manufacturing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRsXdHavdt0

anyone else?
    its not even g2...the lens is square instead of circle...fakee
    Those "scratches" will polish out

Believe it or not, those "scratches" will polish out. There is a coating on the glass and the coating starts to look like scratches. Get some of this Mcguairs #3 cut mirror glaze and rub on it for a while with a terry cloth towel. Mine used to look like yours.

Meguiar's Mirror Glaze #9 Professional Swirl Remover 2.0 (Cut #3)
    ebay com/itm/like/370958410276