Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,436 Members 45,524 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Universal Root de la Vega v0.5 [ Root without tripping KNOX or Malware! ]

Tip us?

note300tt
Old
Thanks Meter 25
AP: N9005ZHUBMI7
CP: N9005XXUBMI5
CSC: N9005ZZHBMI7
Help! Still can't find place to download these files. Any "mirror" or upload ? Thank you.

serdar111
Old
Thanks Meter 0
hotfile is shutdown
really there is no place to download firmware for root
and hotfile aint coming back
what now does have someone send to my mail pls csc: n9005oxxdmj4
pls pls i dont know what to do

swift1
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Camera FC after updating to MJ7

Hi guys. Have any of you had problems with the camera app after updating via this method? IF so how did you resolve it.

After updating to MJ7 the camera fails to open with the message "Unfortunately, Camera has stopped". I've tried closing the app and clearing data but it doesn't help. Even tried clearing the galleries data. I've also noticed that mm-qcamera-daemon is showing big battery drain now. I've never seen this before in the Battery section.

Any help would be appreciated. I would like to avoid a factory reset as there just too much to restore.

If it helps I also tried a third party app Camera Zoom FX which at least gave a better error message of something along the lines of it couldn't communicate with the camera module. Thanks.

Killberty
Old
Thanks Meter 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by swift1 View Post
Hi guys. Have any of you had problems with the camera app after updating via this method? IF so how did you resolve it.

After updating to MJ7 the camera fails to open with the message "Unfortunately, Camera has stopped". I've tried closing the app and clearing data but it doesn't help. Even tried clearing the galleries data. I've also noticed that mm-qcamera-daemon is showing big battery drain now. I've never seen this before in the Battery section.

Any help would be appreciated. I would like to avoid a factory reset as there just too much to restore.

If it helps I also tried a third party app Camera Zoom FX which at least gave a better error message of something along the lines of it couldn't communicate with the camera module. Thanks.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...33932714536786

Here u go

hit 'thanks' if i helped you
SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0
XDA Developers 4 premium app
The Following User Says Thank You to Killberty For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

swift1
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killberty View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...33932714536786

Here u go

SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0
Thanks Killberty! Trying now!

Killberty
Old
Thanks Meter 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by swift1 View Post
Thanks Killberty! Trying now!
Report back results and dont forget to leave a thx at the original post

SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0

swift1
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killberty View Post
Report back results and dont forget to leave a thx at the original post

SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0
Oh man it worked! Your a life saver man. I got the PROFIT and you have been thanked my friend!

note300tt
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by note300tt View Post
AP: N9005ZHUBMI7
CP: N9005XXUBMI5
CSC: N9005ZZHBMI7
Help! Still can't find place to download these files. Any "mirror" or upload ? Thank you.
Since I am not having luck with downloading'/finding these files, I am wondering I should OTA update then I will have new CP, CSC and AP . Am I right? Does anyone know , when I OTA update my JSS15J.N9005ZHUBMI7 version, what will my new AP, CP and CSC? I like to look for the zip file before OTA update. Thank you

Torquemada288
Old
(Last edited by Torquemada288; 12th December 2013 at 12:32 AM.) Reason: More details
Thanks Meter 6
Ok, so I've followed the procedure using the following firmware.

PDA: N9005XXUDMJ7
CSC: N9005TELDMJ2
Modem: N9005XXUDMJ7

Unfortunately, I don't have root and when I dial *#1234# to check the firmware versions, I get an error message saying "Connection problem or invalid MMI code".
Does URDLV work on this version of firmware? What does this error message mean?
I used URDLV on my previous firmware successfully (N9005XXUBMI7_N9005TELBMI2_N9005XXUBMI6_HOME.tar.m d5).

*edit*
I have read a lot of this thread (but not all) and from what I've read, I suspect MJ7 can't be rooted using URDLV but I just want confirmation. I did have issues with the modem not flashing, which caused the wifi to not turn on, but that was resolved by extracting the modem.bin file and flashing it separately.
Desktop OS: Windows 7/Linux Mint 16
Phone Model: Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Phone OS: X-Note 15 ND5 [KK]
Tablet: Nexus 7 16GB (Grouper)
Tablet OS:OmniROM Nightlies [KK]

With any luck, my stupidity will awaken Cthulhu and he will devour my more idiotic posts.

edgarzin
Old
Thanks Meter 5
links are dead