Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,151 Members 51,165 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] MTP mode ENABLE/DISABLE

Tip us?

kucsi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] MTP mode ENABLE/DISABLE

Hi,

I have just upgraded to 4.3 and when plugging USB to PC, a new status icon appears MTP mode enabled. I was very happy with that because I have accidentally deleted some of my photos, and as far as I know under MTP mode there is no way to recover deleted files if You are not rooted. I have tried all my best to find out how to use this new feature to disable MTP but without any success. Do You have any idea how can I do it? Or any way to recover deleted files under MTP

Many thanks in advance:

Kucsi

hapticc
Old
Thanks Meter 122

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kucsi View Post
Hi,

I have just upgraded to 4.3 and when plugging USB to PC, a new status icon appears MTP mode enabled. I was very happy with that because I have accidentally deleted some of my photos, and as far as I know under MTP mode there is no way to recover deleted files if You are not rooted. I have tried all my best to find out how to use this new feature to disable MTP but without any success. Do You have any idea how can I do it? Or any way to recover deleted files under MTP

Many thanks in advance:

Kucsi
Mtp is there from begining i guess you noticed it now

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

electronical
Old
Thanks Meter 327
That's because you're missing the correct HTC One USB drivers. Otherwise, instead of being limited to the camera memory, you would see the HTC One displayed as type "Portable Device" and if you go in there, you'll see "Internal Storage" which will give you access to everything on your SD card, including pictures. Then, you can use a data recovery software, like GetDataBack to try and recover your deleted pictures.

HTC One M7_U (801e) 32GB | HBOOT: S-OFF | Firmware: Stock | SuperCID | TWRP

kucsi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by electronical View Post
That's because you're missing the correct HTC One USB drivers. Otherwise, instead of being limited to the camera memory, you would see the HTC One displayed as type "Portable Device" and if you go in there, you'll see "Internal Storage" which will give you access to everything on your SD card, including pictures. Then, you can use a data recovery software, like GetDataBack to try and recover your deleted pictures.
Hi,

Thank You for Your quick reply. I have already tried that, I can access the internal memory (see attached picture), but it has no drive letter as You can see. If a run get data back, the HTC ONE internal storage is not on the list I can select from( see picture getdata). What I am doing wrong?

Kucsi
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	drives.jpg
Views:	713
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	2351218   Click image for larger version

Name:	getdata.jpg
Views:	655
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	2351219  

electronical
Old
Thanks Meter 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by kucsi View Post
Hi,

Thank You for Your quick reply. I have already tried that, I can access the internal memory (see attached picture), but it has no drive letter as You can see. If a run get data back, the HTC ONE internal storage is not on the list I can select from( see picture getdata). What I am doing wrong?

Kucsi
Actually, forget about GetDataBack or other data recovery software. Have a look at this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1994705

HTC One M7_U (801e) 32GB | HBOOT: S-OFF | Firmware: Stock | SuperCID | TWRP