Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,947 Members 40,686 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROOT] (Kingo Root Tool) - No ODIN flash required! Knox stays cool (0x0)

Tip us?
 
dallastx
Old
#51  
dallastx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 96
Posts: 834
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dallas TX
In this new version:

1. SuperSU updated to the latest version of v1.65
2. Fixed bugs concerning the conflict issue with certain apps after employing root script on Samsung Galaxy Note2,Note3 and S Series.
3. Removed several root scripts due to license issue, which would effect few SONY models.

Download from Kingo: http://www.kingoapp.com/android-root.htm
Fast Mirror Download: http://limelinx.com/d3sa6

Titanium does work as it always has. If you do a full titanium restore some apps may cause conflict causing the system unstable. Also you need to use TB restore in the app store after restoring apps.

SM-N9002
SM-N9005
SM-N9006
SM-N9009
SM-N9008
SM-N900V
SM-N900A
SM-N900P
SM-N900T
SM-N900W8
SM-N900L
SM-N900
SM-N900S
Phone: Sprint NOTE 3 SM-N900p Black 32 gigs "rooted"
Phone: Sprint NOTE 2 SPH-L900 Titanium 16gig "rooted"

Note 3 Rooted with kingoapp "google it". Knox still at 0x0
Note 2 JellyBomb 4.1.2 -[MA7] Version 20/21

Member since 2005 although somehow my date got changed to 2008 hmmmmm

Rule number 1. Do Not Feed The Trolls
Rule number 2. Do Not Feed The Trolls
Rule number 3. If one escapes into a forum ignore them
The Following User Says Thank You to dallastx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
thedegg
Old
#52  
Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 69
Join Date: Dec 2008
Unhappy warning to all knox triggers

WARNING
I confirm, do not use as triggers knox on N9005XXUDMJ6
 
cottino
Old
#53  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 60
Posts: 206
Join Date: Aug 2010
here my copy of kingo root 1.1.0
http://dfiles.eu/files/v6z3d5ltl
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cottino For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Jack Barrett
Old
#54  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 260
Posts: 543
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dublin
At first I didn't trust them. Their site is very slow, nobody knows them, nothing special. And after the comment from somebody that triggered 0x1, I was even more afraid.

Well I took the risk. Just downloaded from their site (current version 1.1.1).
It started downloading samsung drivers with 2 kb/s (riduculous). Thankfully I had them in the Kies folder so I installed them and I was able to skip this step.

Clicked on ROOT button. It was slow process (around 3-4 minutes). Phone restarted twice. And boom - ROOT on device.

Just checked download mode -
Device Status: Custom
Knox: 0x0

Cheers
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005, 0x1) > ASUS Nexus 7 > Samsung Galaxy S III > HTC One X > Samsung Galaxy S II > Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc > Sony Ericsson Xperia X8
 
HokutoNoFred
Old
#55  
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 80
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallastx View Post
In this new version:

1. SuperSU updated to the latest version of v1.65
2. Fixed bugs concerning the conflict issue with certain apps after employing root script on Samsung Galaxy Note2,Note3 and S Series.
3. Removed several root scripts due to license issue, which would effect few SONY models.

Download from Kingo: http://www.kingoapp.com/android-root.htm
Fast Mirror Download: http://limelinx.com/d3sa6

Titanium does work as it always has. If you do a full titanium restore some apps may cause conflict causing the system unstable. Also you need to use TB restore in the app store after restoring apps.

SM-N9002
SM-N9005
SM-N9006
SM-N9009
SM-N9008
SM-N900V
SM-N900A
SM-N900P
SM-N900T
SM-N900W8
SM-N900L
SM-N900
SM-N900S
Titanium Backup is not working properly on my XXUBMJ3 with Kingo Root 1.1.0.

Restored apps are force-closed after few seconds of a black screen.

Did your restored apps work properly after Kingo Root 1.1.1?

If so, can I just re-root my Note 3 with the new version of the tool, or do I have to un-root and/or reset before that?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Envoyé de mon SM-N9005 en utilisant Tapatalk
 
labellord
Old
#56  
labellord's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 49
Join Date: Dec 2011
@Jack Barrett
which firmware is on your phone?
Thx René

via Tapatalk 2, denn Tapatalk 4 ist Schrott
 
cottino
Old
#57  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 60
Posts: 206
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Barrett View Post
At first I didn't trust them. Their site is very slow, nobody knows them, nothing special. And after the comment from somebody that triggered 0x1, I was even more afraid.

Well I took the risk. Just downloaded from their site (current version 1.1.1).
It started downloading samsung drivers with 2 kb/s (riduculous). Thankfully I had them in the Kies folder so I installed them and I was able to skip this step.

Clicked on ROOT button. It was slow process (around 3-4 minutes). Phone restarted twice. And boom - ROOT on device.

Just checked download mode -
Device Status: Custom
Knox: 0x0

Cheers
What is your current firmware?
 
Jack Barrett
Old
#58  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 260
Posts: 543
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by cottino View Post
What is your current firmware?
MJ3 with CSC: ITV (SM-N9005)
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005, 0x1) > ASUS Nexus 7 > Samsung Galaxy S III > HTC One X > Samsung Galaxy S II > Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc > Sony Ericsson Xperia X8
 
cottino
Old
(Last edited by cottino; 31st October 2013 at 09:33 PM.)
#59  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 60
Posts: 206
Join Date: Aug 2010
Maybe the cause that triggered knox status is new mj6-mj8 firmware and not kingoapp 1.1.1
 
Jack Barrett
Old
(Last edited by Jack Barrett; 31st October 2013 at 10:00 PM.)
#60  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 260
Posts: 543
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by cottino View Post
Maybe the cause that triggered knox status is new mj6-mj8 firmware and not kingoapp 1.1.1
Just installed MJ6 BTU over MJ3 ITV with ODIN without wipe. 0x0 still but lost root. Now rooting again with Kingo and I will let you know if that triggers 0x1.

Edit:
Stuck on "Fetching sripts" for 5 minutes. Their site is ultra slow.
It tries to download this:
http://www.kingoapp.com/download/android_root.exe.sig
http://android-rom.b0.upaiyun.com/sc...005_flash.sbin
http://android-rom.b0.upaiyun.com/sc...ung_flash.sbin
Disconnected, tried again, went past fetching scripts and it was doing the same thing over and over and reset my device like 10 times and I stopped it. Obviously MJ6 has better security against root.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005, 0x1) > ASUS Nexus 7 > Samsung Galaxy S III > HTC One X > Samsung Galaxy S II > Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc > Sony Ericsson Xperia X8

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes