[TOOL] [7.7.14] WinDroid Universal HTC Toolkit v1.2 | Unlock | Root | Flash | 30+ Phones

OP WindyCityRockr

27th October 2013, 02:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 1,307

501 posts
Donate to Me
More

This is a GUI program built in Visual Studio 2013 using C# (C-Sharp) that takes advantage of ADB (Android Debug Bridge) and Fastboot commands and puts them into an easy to use toolkit that supports a multitude of HTC phones. I will be continually developing it and trying out new features, so feel free to request any features you may want. I hope you enjoy using the toolkit, and hit the thanks button or donate to me if it helped you!

Features

Quote:

- Beautiful MetroUI Theme
- No Command Prompts
- Full Bootloader Unlock
- Flash Custom Recovery
- Gain Permanent Root
- Flash Custom Kernel
- Flash Custom ROM
- Push and Pull Files
- Install and Uninstall Apps
- Full Backup and Restore
- Get Logcats and Dmesg's
- Sideload ROMs
- Relock Bootloader

- and so much more!

Download

WinDroid Universal HTC Toolkit v1.2

Want to help contribute? Check out the source code on GitHub!

Changelog

Quote:

v1.2 (7/7/14)
- Added support for 21 more phones.
- Updated all possible recoveries.
- Data folder created dynamically.
- Improved Token ID capabilities.
- Replaced SuperSU with Superuser.
- Workaround for Verizon M7 and M8.
- Improved code efficiency.
- Reduced file size to 4MB.
- Implemented DotNetZip.
- Supported Windows XP.

v1.1 (4/23/14)
- Moved file hosting from FileSplat to Google Drive.
- Included ADB Drivers.

v1.0 (4/22/14)
- Initial Release!

Supported Phones

Quote:

- Amaze 4G
- Butterfly
- Butterfly S
- Desire 601
- Desire C
- Desire HD
- Desire S
- Desire X
- Droid DNA
- Droid Incredible
- Droid Incredible 2
- Droid Incredible 4G
- EVO 3D
- EVO 4G
- EVO 4G LTE
- Explorer
- First
- Incredible S
- One M7
- One M8
- One Max
- One Mini
- One S
- One V
- One VX
- One X
- One X+
- Rezound
- Sensation
- Sensation XL
- Vivid
- Wildfire S

Phone not supported? Make a request here!
Made a request? Check it's status here!

Credits

Disclaimers

Quote:

- I am in no way responsible for any harm, damage, nuclear fission or bee infestation that may occur to your phone through the use of this toolkit.
- Please do not post, mirror, or take credit for this toolkit or any related work without explicit permission and a peanut-free cookie.

XDA:DevDB Information
WinDroid Universal HTC Toolkit, Tool/Utility for the Android General

Contributors
WindyCityRockr, SebRut

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.2
Stable Release Date: 2014-07-07

Created 2013-10-27
Last Updated 2014-08-18
The Following 86 Users Say Thank You to WindyCityRockr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th October 2013, 02:07 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago

501 posts
Donate to Me
More
Info 2 [HOWTO] [WIP] Unlock Bootloader | Flash Recovery | Flash Custom ROM | Gain Root |
Prerequisites
  • WinDroid Universal HTC Toolkit
  • Supported HTC Phone (At least 50% charge)
  • Windows XP - 8.1
  • USB Cable

Unlock Bootloader

1. Open the WinDroid Universal HTC Toolkit, download and install the ADB drivers if necessary (You may need to restart your computer if you install the ADB Drivers).

2. Once the ADB Drivers have installed, or after you skipped the install, choose a phone from the box in the bottom right labeled Choose Phone. This phone should correspond to the phone that you wish to unlock and root. Once you have chosen the phone, allow the Recoveries to fully download before continuing.

3. Turn on your phone, go to Settings > Developer Options and Enable USB Debugging and plug it in. Then, if the toolkit does not recognize your phone immediately, click on the Reload button in the bottom right corner.

If you are on Android 4.2.2 and above, and you do not see a button for Developer Options, you will need to go to Settings > About > Software Information > More and quickly tap on Build number multiple times until it tells you that Developer Options has been unlocked.

4. (AT&T One XL and the Verizon Droid DNA ONLY) Go back to the Setup tab and click the button labeled Gain SuperCID in the Unlock Bootloader box.

5. Go back to the Setup tab and click the button labeled Get Token ID in the Unlock Bootloader box. This will reboot your phone into bootloader, retrieve your Token ID, and open a text file that contains your Token ID and further instructions.

6. Now that you have your Token ID, you can now submit it to HTCDev, which should have opened in the background when the text file opened previously. If it did not open, you can open the link here. Please login to your account or create and activate one with a valid email address. Once you have done that, go back to the HTCDev link, scroll to the bottom of the page, and paste the Token ID you were given in the previous step. Click Submit, and wait for the email from HTC on the email you created the HTCDev account with.

7. Once you have received the email from HTCDev, download the attached file in the email named unlock_code.bin. This is the unlock token that can unlock your, and only your, specific phone's Bootloader. Once it has successfully downloaded, click on the button named Unlock Bootloader. If your phone is not already in bootloader, this will reboot your phone into bootloader, and flash the unlock file you just got.A prompt will appear on your phone confirming if you would like to unlock your Bootloader.

READ THE WARNING COMPLETELY! THIS WILL WIPE ALL OF THE DATA ON YOUR PHONE!

Tap on Agree, press the Volume Up button once, and press the Power button once to accept it. Your phone will now restart.

Congratulations! Your phone has been successfully unlocked! You can now proceed to flash a Custom Recovery, Custom ROM, Gain Root, or leave it how it is.

Flash Custom Recovery

1. Now that you have successfully unlocked your Bootloader, move to the next box on the right named Flash Recovery.

2. You are given different options for recoveries depending on your chosen phone. It will most likely be TWRP. Please choose the correct phone variant. This means that if there is more than one recovery option, match the one that corresponds with your carrier/model/country, etc. If you are not sure which option you should choose, please research some more or ask in this thread before you move on.

3. Once you have made your choice, click on the TWRP button for the corresponding variant. Your phone will then reboot into bootloader and flash your chosen recovery.

Congratulations! You have successfully flashed a Custom Recovery! You can now proceed to flash a Custom ROM and Gain Root.

Flash Custom ROM
You may skip this step if you plan on staying with the Stock ROM and not flashing any other ROMs.
  1. The first thing you'll want to do is find a custom ROM you would like to flash. There are plenty of choices out there, but make sure you choose one that works for your phone variant.

2. Once you have fully downloaded the ROM you want to flash, find the boot.img file. It should be in the main directory. Copy it and save it somewhere else for later use. Do not extract or unpack the ROM folder, and ensure that you didn't delete the boot.img in the ROM folder itself.

3. Navigate to the box in top right named Flash. Click on Flash ROM, choose Yes if you are ready, and choose the ROM .zip file you previously downloaded. The ROM you chose will be pushed to your phone. It may take a few minutes depending on the size of the ROM, so please wait until the loading icon has stopped spinning. Once it has finished pushing the ROM, your phone will boot into Recovery. Once you have booted into Recovery, choose Install. Scroll down until you see the ROM .zip file you chose previously. Choose it, and flash it. Once it has finished flashing, go to the Reboot options within the Recovery, and reboot to Booloader.

You're halfway to a fully functioning ROM! Please continue on to Flash Custom Kernel (Boot.img).

Flash Custom Kernel (Boot.img)

Gain Permanent Root
Last edited by WindyCityRockr; 30th June 2014 at 07:39 PM.
The Following 38 Users Say Thank You to WindyCityRockr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2014, 03:35 AM   |  #3  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 914

1,109 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hello! Great job so far! I love the metro UI.

One problem, the GitHub link isn't working.
The Following User Says Thank You to squabbi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2014, 05:34 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago

501 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by squabbi

Hello! Great job so far! I love the metro UI.

One problem, the GitHub link isn't working.

Thanks! And yeah, I ran into a major last minute issue, so the release is probably gonna be postponed until later this week. At that point, I'll release the full toolkit and upload the project on GitHub.
23rd April 2014, 02:39 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago

501 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up Toolkit Now Up!
The WinDroid Universal HTC Toolkit is now up! I'll be uploading the source files to GitHub soon. Let me know of any issues you run into and what you think of it!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WindyCityRockr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2014, 04:08 AM   |  #6  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 1,076

2,409 posts
Donate to Me
More
You say it works for all m8 but then you also say it takes you to htcdev to unlock but Verizon can't use htcdev...so my question is does your program have a built in work around ?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Tigerstown For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2014, 04:17 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago

501 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerstown

You say it works for all m8 but then you also say it takes you to htcdev to unlock but Verizon can't use htcdev...so my question is does your program have a built in work around ?

I was under the assumption that the Verizon M8 was unlockable through HTC Dev. That means right now the toolkit is not able to unlock the Verizon One (M8). However, most other functions should work. I've updated the post in the Verizon One (M8) forums to let people know about this. Terribly sorry. If you know of any of good workarounds, let me know, and I will see about implementing them in the toolkit in the future.

Edit: After digging a bit, it looks like I'll be able to add the option of using Firewater to gain S-OFF and unlock the bootloader. This may get confusing though as most of the work will happen away from the toolkit, but I'll see what can be done by the next toolkit update.
Last edited by WindyCityRockr; 23rd April 2014 at 04:25 AM.
23rd April 2014, 04:37 AM   |  #8  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 1,076

2,409 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyCityRockr

I was under the assumption that the Verizon M8 was unlockable through HTC Dev. That means right now the toolkit is not able to unlock the Verizon One (M8). However, most other functions should work. I've updated the post in the Verizon One (M8) forums to let people know about this. Terribly sorry. If you know of any of good workarounds, let me know, and I will see about implementing them in the toolkit in the future.

Edit: After digging a bit, it looks like I'll be able to add the option of using Firewater to gain S-OFF and unlock the bootloader. This may get confusing though as most of the work will happen away from the toolkit, but I'll see what can be done by the next toolkit update.

If some how you can make you program able to change cid/mid then you can use htcdev as I did..but I believe you have to be s-off to change that.

23rd April 2014, 05:11 PM   |  #9  
Flag Ohio
Thanks Meter: 115

318 posts
More
When running the program for the first time, I keep getting this error...

23rd April 2014, 06:51 PM   |  #10  
Flag Ft. Worth, TX
Thanks Meter: 15

85 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAreKyleW00t

When running the program for the first time, I keep getting this error...

I'm getting the same here

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to raider5oh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread