Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[TOOL] WinDroid Universal Android Toolkit v2.1 | Unlock | Root | Flash | 60+ Devices

OP WindyCityRockr

Announcement from WindyCityRockr: Version 2.1 Is Now Out!
27th October 2013, 03:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 1,535

669 posts
Donate to Me
More

This is a GUI program built in Visual Studio 2013 using the C# programming language that takes many ADB and Fastboot commands and puts them into an easy to use toolkit that supports a ton of Android devices. It's goal is to simplify the process of unlocking a device's bootloader, flashing a custom recovery and gaining root for the newbies of the Android world. If you find it helpful, give me a thanks and a donation if you can. If you find a bug or have a feature request, feel free to leave a reply. Thanks, and happy rooting!

Features
- Many Devices Supported
- Beautiful MetroUI Theme
- Full Bootloader Unlock
- Automatic HTC Token Retrieval
- Gain Permanent Root
- Flash Custom Recovery
- Flash Custom Kernel
- Flash Custom ROMs
- Sideload Zips
- Push Files
- Install Apps
- Relock Bootloader
- and so much more!

Download
WinDroid Universal HTC Toolkit v2.1 (XDA)
Mirror (BasketBuild)

Changelog
Check out this document for current and past changelogs.

Supported Devices
Check out this spreadsheet for a list currently supported devices.
Device not supported? Make a request here!

Credits

Disclaimers
- I am in no way responsible for any harm, damage, nuclear fission or bee infestation that may occur to your device through the use of this toolkit.
- Please do not post, mirror, or take credit for this toolkit or any related work without explicit permission.

XDA:DevDB Information
WinDroid Universal Android Toolkit, Tool/Utility for the Android General

Contributors
WindyCityRockr

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 2.1
Stable Release Date: 2014-12-24

Created 2013-10-27
Last Updated 2014-12-25
Last edited by WindyCityRockr; 26th December 2014 at 06:59 PM.
The Following 108 Users Say Thank You to WindyCityRockr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th October 2013, 03:07 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago

669 posts
Donate to Me
More
Info 2 [HOWTO] [WIP] Unlock Bootloader | Flash Recovery | Flash Custom ROM | Gain Root |
Prerequisites
  • WinDroid Universal Android Toolkit
  • Supported Device (At least 50% charge)
  • Windows XP - 10
  • USB Cable
Unlock Bootloader
  1. Open the WinDroid Universal Android Toolkit.
  2. Download and install the ADB drivers if it prompts you to.
  3. Choose your device from the list. Wait a few moments while it downloads the correct recoveries.
  4. Turn on your device, go to Settings > Developer Options and Enable USB Debugging and plug it in. If the toolkit does not recognize your device immediately, click on the Refresh button in the bottom right corner.
    - If you are on Android 4.2.2 or above, and you do not see a button for Developer Options, you will need to go to Settings > About > Software Information > More and quickly tap on Build number multiple times until it tells you that Developer Options has been unlocked.

5. Please follow the instructions for your corresponding device. If your device is not listed, follow the instructions under All Others.
    • AT&T One X
      - Click the button labeled Gain SuperCID in the Unlock Bootloader box. A command prompt will open and it will help your phone gain SuperCID. Once it finishes, follow the instructions under All Others.
    • Droid DNA
      - Unfortunately, you can't unlock your bootloader through the toolkit due to Verizon's stupidity. The toolkit will link you to a proper unlocking method. You can utilize every other feature of the toolkit.
    • Droid Incredible 4G LTE
    • OnePlus One
      - Click the button labeled Unlock Bootloader. Your phone will reboot and it will confirm that you want to unlock. THIS WILL WIPE ALL OF YOUR DATA! Use the power buttons to scroll to Yes and confirm with the power button. Your bootloader is now unlocked! You can now skip to the Flash Custom Recovery section of the guide.
    • Verizon M7/M8
      - Unfortunately, you can't unlock your bootloader through the toolkit due to Verizon's stupidity. The toolkit will link you to a proper unlocking method. You can utilize every other feature of the toolkit.
    • All Others
      - Click the button labeled Get Token ID in the Unlock Bootloader box. This will reboot your device into bootloader, retrieve your Token ID, and open a text file that contains your Token ID and further instructions.

6. Now that you have your Token ID, you can now submit it to HTCDev, which should have opened in the background when the text file opened previously. If it did not open, you can open the link here. Please login to your account or create and activate one with a valid email address. Once you have done that, go back to the HTCDev link, scroll to the bottom of the page, and paste the Token ID you were given in the previous step. Click Submit, and wait for the email from HTC on the email you created the HTCDev account with.
  7. Once you have received the email from HTCDev, download the attached file in the email named unlock_code.bin. This is the unlock token that can unlock your specific device's bootloader. Once it has successfully downloaded, click on the button named Unlock Bootloader in the bottom left corner. If your device is not already in bootloader, this will reboot your device into bootloader, and flash the unlock_code.bin file. A prompt will appear on your device confirming if you would like to unlock your bootloader.

READ THE WARNING COMPLETELY! THIS WILL WIPE ALL OF THE DATA ON YOUR DEVICE!

Press the Volume Up button once, and press the Power button once to confirm the unlock. Your device will now restart.
Your device is now unlocked! You can now proceed to flash a custom recovery and gain permanent root in the next steps.

Flash Custom Recovery
  1. Move to the next box on the right named Recovery and Root You now have two methods available to flash a recovery.
    • Automatic Method (Recommended)
      - You are given different options for recoveries depending on your chosen device. Please choose the correct device variant. This means that if there is more than one recovery option, match the one that corresponds with your carrier/model/country, etc. If you are not sure which option you should choose, please research some more or ask in this thread before you move on.
      - Once you have made your choice, click on the TWRP button for the corresponding variant. Your device will then reboot into bootloader and flash your chosen recovery.
    • Manual Method
      - If you are having any issues with the automatic method, such as missing recoveries, you can download them manually here. Find the folder that matches the name of your device, then download all the recoveries within the folder. Then, move those files into the folder named Recoveries within the Data folder created by the toolkit. Finally, you can proceed with the instructions given for the Automatic Method. (If your device has only one variant, the file should be named Recovery.img. If it has two or more variants, the files should be named Recovery1.img, Recovery2.img and Recovery3.img).
You are now rocking a custom recovery! You can now proceed to gain permanent root.

Gain Permanent Root
Last edited by WindyCityRockr; 24th December 2014 at 07:00 PM.
The Following 47 Users Say Thank You to WindyCityRockr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2014, 04:35 AM   |  #3  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 952

1,167 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hello! Great job so far! I love the metro UI.

One problem, the GitHub link isn't working.
The Following User Says Thank You to squabbi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2014, 06:34 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago

669 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by squabbi

Hello! Great job so far! I love the metro UI.

One problem, the GitHub link isn't working.

Thanks! And yeah, I ran into a major last minute issue, so the release is probably gonna be postponed until later this week. At that point, I'll release the full toolkit and upload the project on GitHub.
23rd April 2014, 03:39 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago

669 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up Toolkit Now Up!
The WinDroid Universal HTC Toolkit is now up! I'll be uploading the source files to GitHub soon. Let me know of any issues you run into and what you think of it!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WindyCityRockr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2014, 05:08 AM   |  #6  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 1,258

2,724 posts
Donate to Me
More
You say it works for all m8 but then you also say it takes you to htcdev to unlock but Verizon can't use htcdev...so my question is does your program have a built in work around ?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Tigerstown For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2014, 05:17 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago

669 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerstown

You say it works for all m8 but then you also say it takes you to htcdev to unlock but Verizon can't use htcdev...so my question is does your program have a built in work around ?

I was under the assumption that the Verizon M8 was unlockable through HTC Dev. That means right now the toolkit is not able to unlock the Verizon One (M8). However, most other functions should work. I've updated the post in the Verizon One (M8) forums to let people know about this. Terribly sorry. If you know of any of good workarounds, let me know, and I will see about implementing them in the toolkit in the future.

Edit: After digging a bit, it looks like I'll be able to add the option of using Firewater to gain S-OFF and unlock the bootloader. This may get confusing though as most of the work will happen away from the toolkit, but I'll see what can be done by the next toolkit update.
Last edited by WindyCityRockr; 23rd April 2014 at 05:25 AM.
23rd April 2014, 05:37 AM   |  #8  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 1,258

2,724 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyCityRockr

I was under the assumption that the Verizon M8 was unlockable through HTC Dev. That means right now the toolkit is not able to unlock the Verizon One (M8). However, most other functions should work. I've updated the post in the Verizon One (M8) forums to let people know about this. Terribly sorry. If you know of any of good workarounds, let me know, and I will see about implementing them in the toolkit in the future.

Edit: After digging a bit, it looks like I'll be able to add the option of using Firewater to gain S-OFF and unlock the bootloader. This may get confusing though as most of the work will happen away from the toolkit, but I'll see what can be done by the next toolkit update.

If some how you can make you program able to change cid/mid then you can use htcdev as I did..but I believe you have to be s-off to change that.

23rd April 2014, 06:11 PM   |  #9  
Flag Ohio
Thanks Meter: 115

322 posts
Donate to Me
More
When running the program for the first time, I keep getting this error...

23rd April 2014, 07:51 PM   |  #10  
Flag Ft. Worth, TX
Thanks Meter: 16

109 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAreKyleW00t

When running the program for the first time, I keep getting this error...

I'm getting the same here

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to raider5oh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread