Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Turn down the white balance = huge difference (camera)

OP For_itembine

27th October 2013, 09:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60
 
358 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
6am lighting

Normal manual


Adjusted white balance lowest setting
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For_itembine For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th October 2013, 09:41 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47
 
374 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
How do u turn down the WB in manual mode, all I see is Wb auto, and the slider called EV that one u mean? I turn down the iso at 100 makes picture better but shutter speed is slower


Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk
27th October 2013, 09:47 PM   |  #3  
guybrush2099's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 76
 
383 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
yes I think he talks about EV. turning down EV all the xperia (since Xperia S) devices get better images (more details)
28th October 2013, 03:51 AM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Hm just tried it out (good lighting) and it DOES seem to provide better images! Am quite surprised!

Now to try it out in low-light, which hopefully, won't turn out a black image..
28th October 2013, 09:12 AM   |  #5  
z_harris's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 41
 
278 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guybrush2099

yes I think he talks about EV. turning down EV all the xperia (since Xperia S) devices get better images (more details)



What is EV option? I can not find this option in M mode.
The Following User Says Thank You to z_harris For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th October 2013, 09:25 AM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by z_harris

What is EV option? I can not find this option in M mode.

EV setting can be found between the Flash and the Settings icons. Its signified by the 3 slider bars. You can move it either +2 to -2, which in this thread is suggesting is to set it to lowest possible setting.
The Following User Says Thank You to bloodfire1004 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th October 2013, 09:51 AM   |  #7  
z_harris's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 41
 
278 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodfire1004

EV setting can be found between the Flash and the Settings icons. Its signified by the 3 slider bars. You can move it either +2 to -2, which in this thread is suggesting is to set it to lowest possible setting.

Tank you
i was thinking of something else. White balance mode - still sleeping -not reading. Tanks again. Best regards.
28th October 2013, 11:10 AM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
359 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawen

How do u turn down the WB in manual mode, all I see is Wb auto, and the slider called EV that one u mean? I turn down the iso at 100 makes picture better but shutter speed is slower


Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

its TRUE that with ISO 100 images is SUPERB in comparison of AUTO ISO... almost NO NOISE AT ALL AT 100 ISO...

But... ISO 100 is for ALL LIGITING CONDITIONS ? can i use it even in a dark room & at OUTSIDE SUN LIGHT ?

Someone that knows pls answer
28th October 2013, 11:23 AM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 201
 
1,303 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
More
*Sigh* Of course ISO 100 is not for all lighting conditions... THe more light there is the lower you can set the ISO value, but in darker surroundings you'll just get a sharp but very dark image. It's all in the balance.

Automode just has a habbit of increasing ISO too fast...
28th October 2013, 11:33 AM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
359 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagrim1

*Sigh* Of course ISO 100 is not for all lighting conditions... THe more light there is the lower you can set the ISO value, but in darker surroundings you'll just get a sharp but very dark image. It's all in the balance.

Automode just has a habbit of increasing ISO too fast...

So outside with SUN LIGHT i can use 100 or 50 iso for perfect pictures ?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes