Unable to mount /emmc - possibly due to Factory Reset on encrypted device

Search This thread

dex126

Jan 7, 2013
Hi guys,
I updated my phone (SHG-i717r) to the liquid smooth ROM (4.3) and I have to say, my phone has never been more “smooth”, which is exactly what I was looking for!

However, I have an issue with my internal storage. For some reason when I try to Wipe my internal storage in TWRP, I get the following message:

E:/Unable to mount /emmc
E:/Unable to mount internal storage

As a result, I am not able to access things like my camera which default to the internal storage (I’m not able to change this as the app forces me to cancel). Also, when connecting my phone to my computer, I can’t see the “Phone” memory, just my external SD Card.

I have feeling this is because I did a Factory Reset and System Reset without decrypting my device prior to (my bad I know)

Anyway, is there any fix you guys could recommend?

Thanks in advance!

dex126

Jan 7, 2013
Hi guys,
I updated my phone (SHG-i717r) to the liquid smooth ROM (4.3) and I have to say, my phone has never been more “smooth”, which is exactly what I was looking for!

However, I have an issue with my internal storage. For some reason when I try to Wipe my internal storage in TWRP, I get the following message:

As a result, I am not able to access things like my camera which default to the internal storage (I’m not able to change this as the app forces me to cancel). Also, when connecting my phone to my computer, I can’t see the “Phone” memory, just my external SD Card.

I have feeling this is because I did a Factory Reset and System Reset without decrypting my device prior to (my bad I know)

Thanks in advance!

Got everything working now. Here are the steps I took to fix it:

Step 1: Launch into TWRP
Step 2: Select Mount
Step 3: Hookup phone to computer (Windows 7)
Step 4: Click Mount with TWRP
Step 5: Formatted mounted drive as FAT32 via Windows standard format tool
Step 6: Reboot Phone
Step 7: Everything works :)

srini155

Dec 28, 2012
Chennai
Click Mount with TWRP option is missing in my mobile!

Hi,

I have the same problem i tried this method but i didn't have the 4th step i.e Click mount with TWRP its missing. What to do now? How to repair this problem.

dex126

Jan 7, 2013
Hi,

I have the same problem i tried this method but i didn't have the 4th step i.e Click mount with TWRP its missing. What to do now? How to repair this problem.

Hi Sri,

Are you using the latest version of TWRP with all the Samsung Drivers installed? Also, is Mount greyed out, or simply not available?

srini155

Dec 28, 2012
Chennai
Hi Sri,

Are you using the latest version of TWRP with all the Samsung Drivers installed? Also, is Mount greyed out, or simply not available?

Hi,

I have solved the issue, i had an option called mount internal in my TWRP. I just enabled it and connected my mobile to system voila it detects both memory and i formated my internal memory with FAT 32. Then i booted in recovery and factory reset the whole thing now my mobile is working fine.

dex126

Jan 7, 2013
Hi,

I have solved the issue, i had an option called mount internal in my TWRP. I just enabled it and connected my mobile to system voila it detects both memory and i formated my internal memory with FAT 32. Then i booted in recovery and factory reset the whole thing now my mobile is working fine.

Awesome, glad everything is up and running. I remember how frustrated I was with this :)

pierx

Dec 3, 2011

Two years later...
Thanks for this sir

elena03

Dec 14, 2014

hi sir, i have the same problem but i can't do the step 3 up to step 7 caused my windows 7 can't recognized my phone everytime i hook it up. i should i do now? can you help me quick? thanks in advance!:crying:

naszierm

Apr 14, 2015
hi sir, i have the same problem but i can't do the step 3 up to step 7 caused my windows 7 can't recognized my phone everytime i hook it up. i should i do now? can you help me quick? thanks in advance!:crying:

I have the same problem. :( please help. I have THL 5000 with twrp. I can use it but my internal memory is reduced from 13gb to a mere 1.4gb. SD card is unmounted and phone memory is 0.

naszierm

Apr 14, 2015

I had the same problem. All I did was look for compatible usb driver installer (you can download it) so my laptop can read or recognize my device. And followed The steps.

goodluck

vksoni

Feb 1, 2016
I have an issue with my internal storage. For some reason when I try to Wipe my internal storage in TWRP, I get the following message:

And i m unable to connet my phone to pc..
Now my phone was brick..nd i can't do nothing..what i do

Thanks in advance!

naszierm

Apr 14, 2015
I have an issue with my internal storage. For some reason when I try to Wipe my internal storage in TWRP, I get the following message:

Thanks in advance!

Unable to connect to pc or your pc does not read your phone?
If it's the latter, search for a compatible usb driver installer.

gibson56

Feb 16, 2016

Thanks in advance!

Hi
I am in the exact same situation.
This occured after I tried flashing a custum rom to my device. I may have messed up some steps.
Can you please me if you found a solution to this problem

thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

Thanks in advance!