Charging issues with Cyanogen 10.1.3

Search This thread

malka11

Apr 18, 2011
Hi there, im posting this thread because i had/im having issues while charging through wall plug my Galaxy S. It says its charging but it wont charge really as the percentage will never go up. If I charge the cell through usb from computer things go fine and it charges normally.

I've purchased a brand new charger to see if the old one was the guilty for that issue but the brand new is not working either.

Any of the battery supplies doesn't work either so i figured out that the issue came from software so I upgraded my Cyanogen to the most recent stable version and well, at the first charge through the wall plug was fine but after that isnt working again.

So I'm asking you guys if there's a solution for my issue, i'm really desperated with this problem. I can't travell if my cell doesnt charge through wall plugs.

Thank you.

Last edited:

freakymod2120

Jun 26, 2013
Hi,

i`ve posted your thread in the development thread of CM 10.1.3 ...maybe more people have a idea what it could be !
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=46909936#post46909936

Hi there, im posting this thread because i had/im having issues while charging through wall plug my Galaxy S. It says its charging but it wont charge really as the percentage will never go up. If I charge the cell through usb from computer things go fine and it charges normally.

I've purchased a brand new charger to see if the old one was the guilty for that issue but the brand new is not working either.

Any of the battery supplies doesn't work either so i figured out that the issue came from software so I upgraded my Cyanogen to the most recent stable version and well, at the first charge through the wall plug was fine but after that isnt working again.

So I'm asking you guys if there's a solution for my issue, i'm really desperated with this problem. I can't travell if my cell doesnt charge through wall plugs.

Thank you.

Reactions: malka11

malka11

Apr 18, 2011
first check USB slot for misaligned pins, looseness and dirt. Follow this guide

Check this out! You , YES! you are an " Android ". Not your phone but U.​

I've checked it and its not a hardware issue. This issue started to happen when i installed a stable version of Cyanogen and data connection through USB works fine when im transfering movies and pics through the usb connection. Problem is while charging with every wall charger i have for Galaxy.

freakymod2120

Jun 26, 2013
Maybe make a backup of your device...with CWM-Recovery and t est with another ROM or newer ROM, like CM 10.2 ...only as a test

I've checked it and its not a hardware issue. This issue started to happen when i installed a stable version of Cyanogen and data connection through USB works fine when im transfering movies and pics through the usb connection. Problem is while charging with every wall charger i have for Galaxy.

malka11

Apr 18, 2011
but your charger is okay???

Which steps did you before flashing cm 10.2???

I bought recently a samsung charger recently.

Before having 10.2 i was with experimental versions of Cyanogen but mobile didnt work properly so i did full wipe of data/cache/dalvik and installed the custom firmware (Gingerbread) and then i upgraded it to Cyanogen doing the right steps as detailed in this forum.

freakymod2120

Jun 26, 2013
It is really strange, that it worked over usb ,but not with a wall plugged-in charger ...

But i don`t think that it is a software-problem ...

Do you have any news actually?

I bought recently a samsung charger recently.

Before having 10.2 i was with experimental versions of Cyanogen but mobile didnt work properly so i did full wipe of data/cache/dalvik and installed the custom firmware (Gingerbread) and then i upgraded it to Cyanogen doing the right steps as detailed in this forum.

Rohitdahiya

May 11, 2013
New Delhi
www.facebook.com

Thank you.

It may be problem with current output of charger. Check whether your charger is giving 700mA (0.7A) output.
Find the output marked on the sticker (or on body) on the charger whether it is written 700mA or less.
If it is 700mA, then output is equivalent to the original charger. If it is 550mA, then it's just OK. And if it is less than 550mA, it is of no use for Galaxy S.

malka11

Apr 18, 2011
It may be problem with current output of charger. Check whether your charger is giving 700mA (0.7A) output.
Find the output marked on the sticker (or on body) on the charger whether it is written 700mA or less.
If it is 700mA, then output is equivalent to the original charger. If it is 550mA, then it's just OK. And if it is less than 550mA, it is of no use for Galaxy S.

Hi, I've just checked the charger outputs and they are between that range. One is 0.7A and the other one is 550mA. Thing is that with the 550mA one it only charges when i plug the connector to the phone in the same particular position, if not it's not charging. The 0.7A one is not charging at all but is the one which charged the phone without problem some days ago.

I'm ordering an additional one to confirm my suspects, ill keep u noticed, thanks for all the help!

Last edited:

Rohitdahiya

May 11, 2013
New Delhi
www.facebook.com
Hi, I've just checked the charger outputs and they are between that range. One is 0.7A and the other one is 550mA. Thing is that with the 550mA one it only charges when i plug the connector to the phone in the same particular position, if not it's not charging. The 0.7A one is not charging at all but is the one which charged the phone without problem some days ago.

I'm ordering an additional one to confirm my suspects, ill keep u noticed, thanks for all the help!

Instead of buying the new charger, You may buy the charging pin as shown in the pic given in the link. It will cost you just around 2% of the cost of the original charger.

www.telecomb2b.com/uploadedimages/3023Connector-pin.jpg

Separate both the parts (mobile end) on the charging pin and also on the old charger. Now exchange the end parts of both (charger and charging pin)
and enjoy :) refreshed charger

* instead is writing thanks, press the thanks button as it matters a lot to me (only if you feel I helped you ;) )

freakymod2120

Jun 26, 2013
Hmhh it is really strange...hope with new charger or pin it works ...:good:

malka11

Apr 18, 2011
Hmhh it is really strange...hope with new charger or pin it works ...:good:

it worked! I've tested it few days and its working perfectly

Dunno whats wrong with the new one i purchased before this one, but its not working at all.

Before asking to close this topic i'd like to know which are the pros and cons of the fast charge mode i have in mackay kernel, thx!

freakymod2120

Jun 26, 2013
Hey great, nice to hear :good: thanks for the news...

fast charge menas that the highest power of your charger or over usb will be activated for charging your battery faster...i had this option with semaphore, too, but i never used it ...

Dunno whats wrong with the new one i purchased before this one, but its not working at all.

Before asking to close this topic i'd like to know which are the pros and cons of the fast charge mode i have in mackay kernel, thx!

Rohitdahiya

May 11, 2013
New Delhi
www.facebook.com

fast charge menas that the highest power of your charger or over usb will be activated for charging your battery faster...i had this option with semaphore, too, but i never used it ...

Fast charge mode has nothing to do with Ac charging. When connected to USB, our phone allow limited power to go for charging. (As you can see, it takes around 6 hours to charge via USB.)
This mode removes this limit and speed up charging.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

freakymod2120

Jun 26, 2013
Ah okay i don`t that this function is only user when charging via USB, but good to know ...thanks for the info ...:good:

Fast charge mode has nothing to do with Ac charging. When connected to USB, our phone allow limited power to go for charging. (As you can see, it takes around 6 hours to charge via USB.)

Reactions: Rohitdahiya

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi,

i`ve posted your thread in the development thread of CM 10.1.3 ...maybe more people have a idea what it could be !
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=46909936#post46909936

Thank you.

Thank you.

Ah okay i don`t that this function is only user when charging via USB, but good to know ...thanks for the info ...:good: