[ROM][4.3.1][February 4th] Slim Bean m7vzw [RC2]

Search This thread

Flinny

Recognized Developer
Nov 22, 2011
Sunderland
Sony Xperia 1 III
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages on your device.

Original Slim Features:

The Real Dark Slim
Notification drawer Shortcuts
Full hardware key rebinding!
Keyboard rotation
SlimCenter

Check out our full feature list here

Changelog
Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users

IRC: #slimusers @freenode
New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
More interested in development and compiling? Check out our development channel. #slimdev
Check out our forum if you're looking for a place to talk all day long about SlimROMs FORUM
Google+ [link]
Twitter [link]
Facebook [Link]

Installation instructions
For Most Users
Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog

Download the latest build from [here]
Addons ( if you don't have it already) from [here]
!Recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
Flash ROM and the addons you want, reboot

FAQ
Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Help us out!
If you want to help us by translating slim to your language check out Crowdin.net and submite your translations.
Or consider a donation.

Last edited:

muness

Jul 18, 2008
Can we dirty flash this over the 1.9 weekly?

Sent from my HTC's darkside.

Dirty flash worked fine for me. Been using it since Flinny sent it my way yesterday and have had no issues. Am tempted to try a Sense build to compare speaker volume, but Slim Bean is my daily driver.

ddurandSGS3

Jun 12, 2012

Flinny, sorry to quote you here but I have that thread opened up in general before you posted here. Do you want me to rename that as a QnA thread? I know some developers dont like too much jibber jabber in the development threads.

if not im just going to close the other thread.

thanks for doing this, I love slimbean.

dbornack

Oct 14, 2010
Chicago
Did you try turning root access on under Developers Settings?

This.

I had the same issue. Find a SU.zip file and put it in your phone's Download folder. Don't unzip it. That fixed it for me. Drove me nuts for a couple of days, though.

That won't do it for you. Dev Settings, Root for Apps/ADB

I did that but it seems like it's automatically granting root to everything now.

Change the settings under this to prompt you.

jtj1825

Dec 17, 2010
To fix root just go to Chainfire's website and download the SuperSU .zip file and flash it in recovery. I think it fixes some issues that may currently exist between the integrated superuser in a lot of builds and our phones.

Reactions: TheAppleAndroidGuy

major_works

Mar 27, 2011
That won't do it for you. Dev Settings, Root for Apps/ADB

Not to pick any kind of squabble, but this is exactly what did it for me. I wiped clean and installed Slim Bean over and over, being sure to click the root for apps/ADB button every time. No root access. I would restore CM, Vanir, stock, BoneStock, whatever, and I had root again. Wipe, flash Slim Bean... no root, no matter what, until I put an SU.zip in the downloads folder without extracting it. Then bang, I had root. I don't know why it worked, but I do know it worked, when nothing else I tried did.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages on your device.

Original Slim Features:

The Real Dark Slim
    Notification drawer Shortcuts
    Full hardware key rebinding!
    Keyboard rotation
    SlimCenter

Check out our full feature list here

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users

IRC: #slimusers @freenode
    New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
    More interested in development and compiling? Check out our development channel. #slimdev
    Check out our forum if you're looking for a place to talk all day long about SlimROMs FORUM
    Google+ [link]
    Twitter [link]
    Facebook [Link]

Installation instructions
    For Most Users
    Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog

Download the latest build from [here]
    Addons ( if you don't have it already) from [here]
    !Recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
    Flash ROM and the addons you want, reboot

FAQ
    Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Help us out!
    If you want to help us by translating slim to your language check out Crowdin.net and submite your translations.
    Or consider a donation.
    4.4 kitkat beta weekly is finally up! stoked to flash this ****!!

http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/downloads/dlsearch/viewcategory/970-m7vzw
    Just flashed, loving everything so far! Some questions though:

Anyone getting force closes on Google search?
    Is there a way to add shortcuts onto the lockscreen circle?

No force closes but you can try cleaning out data and cache under app settings.

For the lockscreen shortcuts, under the header Personal, hit Security then Lock screen, and then choose slider targets.
    Weird.. maybe I'll stick with stock rooted for awhile..

I was running great for a few days.. no issues whatsoever.. then it just went to crap.

I've had zero issues with SlimBean since 4.2 on another phone. Been on Slim for two weeks now on the HTC One without any issues. Just popped up last night.

Oh well, I walked into VZW today, and within 2 minutes they had setup a replacement to be shipped to me. Easy.

I really doubt this Rom bricked your phone. There's no way it would work fine for a few days and then all of a sudden is magically bricked. Sounds like some kind of hardware failure or something.

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I can't seem to get root access, any ideas?

Did you try turning root access on under Developers Settings?