[Q] Can't acces recovery mode after succesful rooting.

Search This thread

SHINee2

Oct 8, 2013
Hello. I have successfully rooted my sgh-899v and I have have used this method.

galaxynote2root.com/galaxy-note-2-root/how-to-root-galaxy-note-2-easiest-method[Can't link it properly because I do not have 10 posts yet]

Now whenever I try to go into recovery mode, I have the samsung logo which breaks down. After a while it will boot and I can use it. It's not bricked. It just won't go into recovery. I have installed Titaniumbackup and ROM manager and I don't know what to do. The cwm that I flashed through Odin said cmw6 but when I choose the version on ROM manager for recovery setup, I chose ClockworkMod 3.x+ and my phone says current recovery at cwm 5.x.x.x and I still can't acces recovery mode! Please help it is very frustrating for me. Thank you for reading.

SHINee2

Oct 8, 2013
Will the app you sent allow me to boot into recovery mode even though I don't currently have it? I'm scared to do anything to brick my phone. Please reply and thanks for the reply.

ValliJoe

Sep 14, 2011
Houston, TX
Google Pixel 4 XL
If you dont have a recovery which u should yes it will allow you too if you have root access and if you want to install twrp recovery install https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.s0up.goomanager and open the app hit the menu key you should see a list of options one being install openrecovery, tap in that one it will ask if you are sure you want to write recovery image to your device just click yes and bam you should now have a recovery

Last edited:

disdizz

Nov 19, 2012
my phone is doing the same thing. i rooted it and then i tried to boot into recovery to install a ROM. the logo comes up and then shakes all over the place and then goes to a black screen. then nothing. i have to press the power button and it boots up normally to the regular phone. i downloaded goo manager and tried to install a recover but it loads for a second and then says no recovery found.

is there a way to install a custom rom using odin? i can bypass recovery using odin right? or does that not work?

Coug76

Feb 27, 2011
East of Seattle
my phone is doing the same thing. i rooted it and then i tried to boot into recovery to install a ROM. the logo comes up and then shakes all over the place and then goes to a black screen. then nothing. i have to press the power button and it boots up normally to the regular phone. i downloaded goo manager and tried to install a recover but it loads for a second and then says no recovery found.

is there a way to install a custom rom using odin? i can bypass recovery using odin right? or does that not work?

You can install a custom recovery using Odin (twrp being one of them). Very few roms are installed using Odin.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

aboalghool

May 19, 2012
Hello. I have successfully rooted my sgh-899v and I have have used this method.

galaxynote2root.com/galaxy-note-2-root/how-to-root-galaxy-note-2-easiest-method[Can't link it properly because I do not have 10 posts yet]

Now whenever I try to go into recovery mode, I have the samsung logo which breaks down. After a while it will boot and I can use it. It's not bricked. It just won't go into recovery. I have installed Titaniumbackup and ROM manager and I don't know what to do. The cwm that I flashed through Odin said cmw6 but when I choose the version on ROM manager for recovery setup, I chose ClockworkMod 3.x+ and my phone says current recovery at cwm 5.x.x.x and I still can't acces recovery mode! Please help it is very frustrating for me. Thank you for reading.

If you have root access use an app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.siriusapplications.quickboot

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Will the app you sent allow me to boot into recovery mode even though I don't currently have it? I'm scared to do anything to brick my phone. Please reply and thanks for the reply.

You can install a custom recovery using Odin (twrp being one of them). Very few roms are installed using Odin.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

As i see this thread stopped and i didn't see anyone fixing the problem that you can't boot into recovery and that the samsung note 2 breaks and goes up repeatedly ............. if someone fixed the issue please share it

GoBangNetWorks

Nov 21, 2014
Help!!!!!

I have a note 3 tmobil and really could use some help with the same issue as everybody else that can't get into recovey.... mines just loop over and over .... I feel like there's something blocking recovery and I also can't back up my rom.... I tried safestarp and later found out that it's not for t mobile. ...... I tried using Odin to install cwm recovery but that was a no go......again I ask HELP!!!!!! And thank u ;)

deepansharya1111

Sep 22, 2015
Do check this

Problem is solved now . My samsung gt-i9082 wouldn't load recovery mode or even let me root my device after installing cm13 .even i couldnt flash using odin.only samsung boot image being struck. I showed my phone to a professional mechanic.. He told me that the Flashing ic (EEPROM) was damadged. He changed that and now my phone works fine again.my id deepansharya1111@gmail.com for any questions.:good:

Last edited:

rbb1robert

Sep 16, 2012
Having problem custom recovery not sticking after odin flash.am on stock 4.12 w/root.have used odin 1.85 & 3.1.have tried twrp & cwm.always reverts back to stock recovery at reboot.
There used to be a unbrick/back to stock app w/root for earlier galaxies.that kept me out of a lot of trouble.since I'm on att note 4 w/locked bootloaders,I haven't paid much attention to what's available now.
any ideas why recovery isn't sticking.any help appreciated.thnx

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using XDA Free mobile app

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Open Odin, uncheck everything except f reset time. Flash TWRP. When you see the word "reset" in the status window, remove USB cable from the phone, remove battery, replace battery, use buttons to boot into recovery.

rbb1robert

Sep 16, 2012
Thnx for reply.before I saw your reply,I tried the rashr app from playstore.it worked first try.i had tried goomanager,quick boot and some of the other apps with no luck.
Thnx again.now I can flash a more current rom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using XDA Free mobile app