5,815,095 Members 38,238 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy S4 Battery Issue : Check Your Serial Number Here

Tip us?
 
axlinside
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 1
Join Date: Oct 2013
Battery Low Galaxy S4 Battery Issue : Check Your Serial Number Here

Hi guys,

as you know some of the Galaxy S4's batteries are defective (batteries are swelling), especially in Europe. Samsung acknowledged the problem and offers free replacement.

Here's something from Samsung (not official yet though AFAIK) :

You can check the Serial Number of your battery. If the S/N starts with BD1D and the date is in the range of 401 - 529 (1st april - 29th may), it's probably a defective battery.

Any battery with S/N between BD1D401XX and BD1D529XX needs replacement.

Hope this will help some of you.
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to axlinside For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jax5ter
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 32
Posts: 160
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kansas city
Quote:
Originally Posted by axlinside View Post
Hi guys,

as you know some of the Galaxy S4's batteries are defective (batteries are swelling), especially in Europe. Samsung acknowledged the problem and offers free replacement.

Here's something from Samsung (not official yet though AFAIK) :

You can check the Serial Number of your battery. If the S/N starts with BD1D and the date is in the range of 401 - 529 (1st april - 29th may), it's probably a defective battery.

Any battery with S/N between BD1D401XX and BD1D529XX needs replacement.

Hope this will help some of you.
i smell corporate espionage
Samsung Galaxy S4 rooted running Insane KK v8
Google Nexus 7 (2nd Gen) stock.
 
androidtoy09
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 170
Posts: 959
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jax5ter View Post
i smell corporate espionage
I called T-mobile and complained. They sent a replacement this week at no cost. I jst have to pay shipping+tax ($8)
"The perfect slave thinks he's free"
 
JoeFCaputo113
Old
#4  
JoeFCaputo113's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,722
Posts: 4,350
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Dutchess County, New York

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidtoy09 View Post
I called T-mobile and complained. They sent a replacement this week at no cost. I jst have to pay shipping+tax ($8)
So you had to pay half the price of a battery anyways. What a rip-off! Free means FREE aka paying NOTHING!
Sprint Galaxy S3 Retired
Sprint Galaxy S4 Retired


Sprint Galaxy S5
ROM: MOAR v2
Kernel: Stock NE5 Kernel with some tweaks
Theme: Velur (Nova icon pack)
Modem: NE5
Apps I NEED: TiBu, Google Now, Beautiful Widgets, Greenify (Donate), Xposed, 8sms, NiLS/NiLS FP

Samsung Gear Live
Stock Everything

Previously Joe0113

Awesome Collection of Android Apps from XDA Developers!
Collection of Apps for Android Wear (Alphabetized and Categorized)!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JoeFCaputo113 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
grillheadxl
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 48
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: WV
I agree! Especially since Samsung acknowledged the problem. It seems like the battery should come directly from them, but either way, you shouldn't pay a single cent for that replacement.
 
medo2_0
Old
(Last edited by medo2_0; 31st October 2013 at 01:46 PM.)
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 53
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Alexandria
my battery is BD1D415 and it is defective and swelling and my phone was bought from Saudi Arabia and i live in EGYPT so my warranty doesn't cover it in EGYPT
 
ImNotTheDroidUrLooking4
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 21
Join Date: Nov 2013
My serial number was BD, it became defective.

I got 2 free batterys from Samsung.
 
KRAZYADROIDMASTER
Old
#8  
KRAZYADROIDMASTER's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 79
Posts: 1,442
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNotTheDroidUrLooking4 View Post
My serial number was BD, it became defective.

I got 2 free batterys from Samsung.
How was that???

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app
LG LGP999 G2X DARK ALE
MADE IN: KOREA
MANUFACTURE DATE 04/19/2011

STOCK

SANDISK: 4 GB CLASS 4 MICRO SD CARD.
 
ImNotTheDroidUrLooking4
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 21
Join Date: Nov 2013
I have two phones.
The Following User Says Thank You to ImNotTheDroidUrLooking4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
wackowizzard
Old
#10  
wackowizzard's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 69
Posts: 483
Join Date: Jan 2010
Hey, what about the battery that is in my i9505?

S/N : AA1D905sS/2-B
Samsung Galaxy S4 - GT-I9505
ROM : EchoeROM v31

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 - 10.1 wifi - GT-P5210
ROM : ]CAGrom 4.2.2

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes