TAR files to flash MF3 via ODIN

OP Shockndrop

30th October 2013, 03:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 159

10 posts
More
I had another thread for this, but I figured it would be good to repost it since I didn't know what I had stumbled upon at first.

For all of those who have soft bricked their phones, I present to you to the MF3 TAR files to flash it back to stock via ODIN.

https://mega.co.nz/#!WEEzSA7Z!aB4673...FBcQAZjc1X7wAE

And for those that aren't sure as to where to put the files when flashing via ODIN, while it should be obvious, I have attached a picture that @xrandallx posted to help those that need it.

[IMG]I[/IMG]
Last edited by Shockndrop; 30th October 2013 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Forgot picture
The Following 59 Users Say Thank You to Shockndrop For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th October 2013, 03:45 PM   |  #2  
FL
Thanks Meter: 35

119 posts
Sticky????
30th October 2013, 06:49 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 4

39 posts
More
The Mega site isnt working, the download keeps on stopping randomly.
30th October 2013, 06:57 PM   |  #4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabears101

The Mega site isnt working, the download keeps on stopping randomly.

It's known issue with MEGA, it works best if your using Firefox or Chrome. If the download keeps freezing keep reloading it will eventually work...

Once somebody can grab the files I suggest they be uploaded to several locations, and perhaps a torrent file.

---Edit---
Maybe a mod can edit the title to include something like [Release]? As is stands now people might miss the thread by thinking it's a question being asked.
Last edited by NighthawkXL; 30th October 2013 at 07:10 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to NighthawkXL For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th October 2013, 10:24 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 5

21 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockndrop

I had another thread for this, but I figured it would be good to repost it since I didn't know what I had stumbled upon at first.

For all of those who have soft bricked their phones, I present to you to the MF3 TAR files to flash it back to stock via ODIN.

https://mega.co.nz/#!WEEzSA7Z!aB4673...FBcQAZjc1X7wAE

And for those that aren't sure as to where to put the files when flashing via ODIN, while it should be obvious, I have attached a picture that @xrandallx posted to help those that need it.

[IMG]I[/IMG]

AWESOME, simply fantastic! It seems that the picture has been moved, however. Any chance we can get a re-up?

EDIT: The only reason I'm asking is because I have been on MF3 since I purchased my phone. I assume, that if anything happens, I can use the existing guides for MDL, and just replace the files with MF3, right...?
Last edited by FrozenDragoon; 30th October 2013 at 10:29 PM. Reason: question
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FrozenDragoon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th October 2013, 10:47 PM   |  #6  
Flag Amber
Thanks Meter: 176

854 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayburne

Sticky????

Yes firefox and try the mega mobile app if you don't have it already.use in combo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app
30th October 2013, 10:47 PM   |  #7  
Flag Ada
Thanks Meter: 11

5 posts
More
attached is the picture
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenDragoon

AWESOME, simply fantastic! It seems that the picture has been moved, however. Any chance we can get a re-up?

EDIT: The only reason I'm asking is because I have been on MF3 since I purchased my phone. I assume, that if anything happens, I can use the existing guides for MDL, and just replace the files with MF3, right...?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mf3 files in odin.PNG
Views:	6908
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	2360685  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xrandallx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th October 2013, 10:49 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,510

10,202 posts
Quote:

The files are pretty self explanatory. Platform in PDA, modem in Phone, csc in csc, bootloader in bootloader. Only have auto-reboot checked. Ignore the dll file.

Edit, even better ^^^, haha posted while I was typing
Last edited by jd1639; 30th October 2013 at 10:52 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th October 2013, 11:20 PM   |  #9  
Quote:

The only reason I'm asking is because I have been on MF3 since I purchased my phone. I assume, that if anything happens, I can use the existing guides for MDL, and just replace the files with MF3, right...?

No, if you on MF3 and attempt to load any firmware below it such as MDL you'll end up with a brick (which this will fix, grant it). This has more use for people brick their MF3 devices using MF3-based firmwares.

Don't mind me, I misread your post... - Thanks for clearing that up @jd1639.
Last edited by NighthawkXL; 30th October 2013 at 11:33 PM.
30th October 2013, 11:26 PM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,510

10,202 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NighthawkXL

No, if you on MF3 and attempt to load any firmware below it such as MDL you'll end up with a brick (which this will fix, grant it). This has more use for people brick their MF3 devices using MF3-based firmwares.

You won't end up with a brick and the Odin guide for mdl firmware will work just fine. It's a guide. If you don't know what you're talking about don't post

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread