XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

BT Headset recommendations...

Tip us?

gagis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default BT Headset recommendations...

I have the BT800 and so far my experience with it is pretty negative.

Other than the fact that it just doesn't sit will on my ear, all the people that I have phone conversations with tell me that my voice keeps cutting off every couple of seconds. They have a hard time understanding what I'm saying.

Anybody else have this behaviour? Which BT headset do you guys recommend?

atekant
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am also looking for recommendations for a new BT headset, but let me also contribute with what I had (lost it now).

I had the Bluespoon AX. It was by far the most comfortable thing I have ever put in my ear. It is so small and light and comfortable, that you almost forget it is in there, and at the end of the day, you find it in your ear by accident sometimes.

That said, when I lost it I did not shed a tear. Using it with Universal was quite painful. The sound would crackle if the AX and the Universal were on different sides of my body. Not a distance issue, but somehow an interference from my body in between.

The AX is useless in any environment there is noise and/or wind. I suppose they could not use a directional mic because the mic is so far away from your mouth (practically *in* your ear). It worked fine when I was sitting in a quiet place though, but then...

With the Universal, only the handsfree profile is available. While this worked fine for outgoing calls (can make voice dial calls and all), for some reason on incoming calls, when the AX is active, Universal would not ring. The only call indicator is on the AX and if you don't happen to be wearing it at the time, you will miss the call.

I have been reading up on other models. The AX2 apparently has better reception, but I am not sure about noise and the BT software problems.
The digital model has noise cancelling, but it is way too expensive to buy it on faith alone.

philtech44
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Motorola H500

Quote:
Originally Posted by atekant
I am also looking for recommendations for a new BT headset......
Using it with Universal was quite painful. The sound would crackle if the AX and the Universal were on different sides of my body. Not a distance issue, but somehow an interference from my body in between.
Same problem with my Motorola H500... anyone any ideas how to avoid this apart from buying another model :)
Current Device - SPV M700, 2GB Mini SD.
Owned Since 19/02/07

lie_ui
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I have HBH 662 (Sony Erricson). Its very tiny, formerly it did not fit easily in my ear, but now I used to it, though I do not like to have it on all day long. The sound quality is too low/not loud enough though I set to the highest volume already. The battery life is not good, it barely survives my every day calls, I'm not a super call person, just average.
Things that really annoying:
- The Caller ID display is too small to read and it only shows the first half of the caller's number then scroll the remaining digits.
IT DOES NOT show the caller's name. Have been patiently enough to wait for this to be fixed by MS/imate/other vendor whatsoever. If anybody has a workaround, PLS.. PLS... PLS... share....
- The ringer is very low and intended to tell you there is a call if you have it on your ear. Does not have a vibrate function. If the Universal is in silent mode, most likely I cannot tell when there is an incoming call.

lie_ui
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I have HBH 662 (Sony Erricson). Its very tiny, formerly it did not fit easily in my ear, but now I used to it, though I do not like to have it on all day long. The sound quality is too low/not loud enough though I set to the highest volume already. The battery life is not good, it barely survives my every day calls, I'm not a super call person, just average.
Things that really annoying:
- The Caller ID display is too small to read and it only shows the first half of the caller's number then scroll the remaining digits.
IT DOES NOT show the caller's name. Have been patiently enough to wait for this to be fixed by MS/imate/other vendor whatsoever. If anybody has a workaround, PLS.. PLS... PLS... share....
- The ringer is very low and intended to tell you there is a call if you have it on your ear. Does not have a vibrate function. If the Universal is in silent mode, most likely I cannot tell when there is an incoming call.

ninja396
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Bt Headsets

I am using the Bluestreak G2 headset which seems to work O.K. and Has About 8 hours of use. Background noise is acceptable but it doesn't seem to do noise cancellation.
Have noticed that if WIFI is active with BT the headset drops out a little. Seems O.K. If Wifi is off & BT is on. Not ideal if you want to use Skype with BT.

jah
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Have tried the following with my Exec:

- Tekkeon ET3000 (with display like the BT800 but better), great battery life, good volume, okay quality sound, okay comfort, no problem with call transfers from the Exec

- SE HBH-608, fantastic battery life, very comfortable, good quality sound, very comfortable, okay volume (seems limted by the Exec)

- Jabra BT800, okay battery life, okay comfort, good sound quality, okay volume, seems a bit slow transferring calls between the headset and the Exec
Jah (Samsung Galaxy S4 Active, SIII, Note II, Note I, Note 3 , Note 8, Note 10.1, Flyer, Galaxy Tab, Dell Streak, HTC One/M7, HD7, HD2 & TyTn II. Nokia E5, E6, E7, E75, E90 & N97. Palm Pro, Pre, Pre 3 & Touchpad)

V-Ger
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Have you tried putting the names/numbers also on the SIM Card?! I read somewhere that headset profile is using the SIM Card's phonebook...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lie_ui
-

lie_ui
Old
Thanks Meter 2
No, it does not work either, even though the contact name is saved in the SIM card. Have been searching for workaround/solution but have not found any good answer yet.

gps338
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default globalsat

I have the Globalsat gps338 ,and it works very well ,use with gpstuner ,and teletype gps software which is slow to update on the Mda pro but the bluetooth gps pair well with the program and with 9 satellites showing indoor .Any Sirf III chipset will be ok.The only thing that does not work in the universal is the gpsinfo program that comes with the gps338.
Anyone with the gps338 ? works well with mapapolis too.