Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,832 Members 51,593 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][2.2+] [UPDATE: 10.31.13] Screen Locker v1.0.1

Tip us?

elesbb
Old
(Last edited by elesbb; 1st November 2013 at 03:06 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4233

DONATE TO ME
Default [APP][2.2+] [UPDATE: 10.31.13] Screen Locker v1.0.1

Hey fellow XDA members!

I was using my phone and accidentally clicked a bunch of things xD

So I was like, well it would be nice to have a way to lock my screen but still see it lol.

Then I saw on Facebook where someone said "I really hate when I give my phone to someone to look at a picture and they swipe left or right to look at other pictures"

So I made an app that you can lock the screen and disable all touch input, it also disables the status bar from being expanded as well. Also consumes button presses

You activate the lock by either long pressing on the search button, or a notification

To unlock your screen again, just enter a pattern which you created I love this app Hope you guys do as well!

Donations appreciated! Thanks are loved!

UPDATE 10.31.13
- Fixed home button issue
- Temporarily fixed recent apps issue

UPDATE 11.1.13
- Removed trying to close recent apps, instead screen is completely black and you can only unlock it, nothing else will unlock it. and you cannot see what is on the screen. (labeled as b1 for "beta 1" as im not sure how many people will like this method.)
Attached Files
File Type: apk ScreenLock v1.0.1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (101.0 KB, 3484 views)
File Type: apk ScreenLock v1.0.1 b1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (101.6 KB, 1912 views)
The Following 72 Users Say Thank You to elesbb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

elesbb
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4233

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
Hey fellow XDA members!

I was using my phone and accidentally clicked a bunch of things xD

So I was like, well it would be nice to have a way to lock my screen but still see it lol.

Then I saw on Facebook where someone said "I really hate when I give my phone to someone to look at a picture and they swipe left or right to look at other pictures"

So I made an app that you can lock the screen and disable all touch input, it also disables the status bar from being expanded as well. Also consumes button presses

You activate the lock by either long pressing on the search button, or a notification

To unlock your screen again, just enter a pattern which you created I love this app Hope you guys do as well!

Donations appreciated! Thanks are loved!
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1383182265467.jpg
Views:	1977
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	2361015

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to elesbb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Thuqnificent
Old
Thanks Meter 39

DONATE TO ME
This is a genius idea!

rayjr13
Old
(Last edited by rayjr13; 31st October 2013 at 03:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 87
Tried it on HTC DNA was able to use the back and the home button. Using either, the notification shade kept rolling itself back up. These are capacitive buttons on my phone. The touch was disabled though.

Sent via my M7DNA

willverduzco
Old
Portal Administrator
Thanks Meter 2794

DONATE TO ME
Nice work with this app. It works like a charm on my Nexus 7 2013. I've featured it on the XDA Portal.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a news tip! - [moderate | film | foto | develop]
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to willverduzco For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rayjr13
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Also I forgot device has no search button and in the full screen mode for gallery app no notification pulldown is available. I know gallery lock down was a focus for the app.

Sent via my M7DNA

Amit_timA
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Great minds, great works

I haven't used this app yet since im in the office now but I just cant wait to try this

This is something I was really looking for but never thought that someone like you will make an app for this too

Great work mate
HIT THANKS IF YOU THINK YOU SHOULD

I Will Give My Best To Help You & If I Cant... I'll Let You Know Who Can With The Help Of The Phone That Can

a--c
Old
(Last edited by a--c; 31st October 2013 at 02:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
I'm curious from a dev standpoint - how do you handle the home key presses? Or does the system level alert cause them to be ignored automatically?

EDIT: A home key press bypasses the app. Maybe add an option so your app can be a "launcher" as well.

arnuckwade
Old
Thanks Meter 1
sounds promising and useful! the screen is locked but what about the the home button and the back key? can others bypass the lock by pressing them?

Despiadado1
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default Easy to bypass

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjr13 View Post
Tried it on HTC DNA was able to UAE the back and the home button. Using either the notication shade kept rolling itself back up. These are capacitive buttons on my phone. The touch was disabled though.

Sent via my M7DNA
Unfortunately, as Rayjr13 mentions, hitting the home or back button unlocks.
Wishing Verizon would stop trying to nickel and dime everyone....

__________________________________________________ _______
LG G2 - Current
Galaxy Nexus - Retired
Thunderbolt - Retired
Samsung Epic 4g - Retired
iPhone 3gs - Retired
iPhone 3g - Retired
HTC Hermes - Retired

The Following User Says Thank You to Despiadado1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]