Motorola 4.4

Search This thread

adrex9

Oct 31, 2014
After you install the new version, do you have to root your phone again?

Sent from my XT890 using XDA Free mobile app

ManoBros

Oct 28, 2014
Jiquilpan
manobros.com
root KK

hi,

if you install KK from twrp Backup (you need unlocked bootloader) , is root ready ( includes SuperSu app)

if you use forced OTA , there is not root for now... TwerkMyMoto-1.0 not working on KK
:p

Last edited:
Reactions: adrex9

adrex9

Oct 31, 2014
Oh ok, thanks. I wasn't sure of doing it because of that :p

Last edited:
L

lelapincretin8

Root can be add by flashing the official zip package at Chainfire's site

your_login

Apr 4, 2011
Hi,

I have updated my two Razr i to Kitkat

first used twrp backup on unlocked bootloader

second razr i ( locked bootloader ) i use the forced OTA on Brazil Rentail rom

so 4.4.2 is here now, thankx

oh, cool info, thanks :)
how do you find the new android?
whats good and whats bad? and whats new? any different colours, options ? is it faster, less laggy?

xtr3m3

Jan 29, 2007
Midlands, UK
www.diligentnewb.co.uk
Isn't it amazing how you can simply search for something on a search engine?

Search for 'supersu,' somewhere along the first few results will be a link to SuperSU here on XDA. Then you'll find a link to the latest version under 'CWM / TWRP / MobileODIN installable ZIP.'

Sent from my XT890

Reactions: bughunt3r

Swilly

Aug 3, 2011
Market Deeping, Peterborough
Isn't it amazing how you can simply search for something on a search engine?

Search for 'supersu,' somewhere along the first few results will be a link to SuperSU here on XDA. Then you'll find a link to the latest version under 'CWM / TWRP / MobileODIN installable ZIP.'

Sent from my XT890

Ok, being lazy - at work, and hadn't realised it was just the rooting zip

Swilly

adrex9

Oct 31, 2014
Could you guys tell me which languages are on the brazilian rom?
Thanks

adrex9

Oct 31, 2014
I don't know if this was answered, i'm guessing you could install the jellybean rom from brazil and then you should get the update right?:confused:

adrex9

Oct 31, 2014
I do. But i read i several places that installing it from scratch leaves you stuck with stock... Until there's support of course

adrex9

Oct 31, 2014
Oh ok, that good to know, thanks guys

Sui77

Oct 19, 2010
Google Pixel 3 XL
Google Pixel 6
running out of memory

Hi!

Coming from last Omar build, I've flashed the KK retail update (boot and system) by using TRWP. After severyl reboots and lags the system went fine, BUT now i have low memory.

I don't know why, cause normally I have enough space left in 4.1
Seems that data is mounted 2 times, so the consumed space is doubled.

under storage there is "emulated", "sdcard0" and "sdcard1"

Any advice?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I come back here every once and a while to see if it might be worth plugging in my formerly beloved RAZR i - to no avail. Incredible to realize that NINE months ago when I switched to iPhone we were still wondering when/if we would ever get kitkat update. My iPhone has received five updates in that time and is now solid beyond belief and will be updated regularly for at least the next three years. The Android update model is broken.

Please, take you're icrap and shove it up somewhere so freaking far we wont hear a word from you here again about you're **** phone. Thanks!
    Please stop posting already which phone you bought instead of Razr I...cause we don't give a ****...This thread is dedicated to Motorola Razr I and the upcoming Android 4.4 update
    Yes,we are all disappointed from Motorola and their slow and half assed support ...now move on and post some actual news regarding the topic
    Had enough of waiting Moto G will be With me tomorrow.

Good for you! :good:
    You get the almost same experience in terms of performance.
    Minus: sd card slot, and maby more poor battery life. I don't think anybody cares about you decided to throw money at something not even worth the upgrade.

wasn't this thread supposed to be about news for the kitkat update only, and not for you all to whine because you can't wait.
    Motorola will release the kitkat update in the beginning of october. i guess at the end of the first week in oct, everyone should have become the update.
    source: facebook page of motorola germany

Liebe RAZR HD- und RAZR i-Besitzer, wir freuen uns folgende Neuigkeit mit euch zu teilen: Ihr werdet euer lang erwartetes Update Anfang Oktober erhalten, beginnend mit dem Update für RAZR HD und bald danach für alle RAZR i-Benutzer. Sobald sie ausgerollt werden, werden wir es auf dieser Seite verkünden, also schaut immer mal wieder vorbei! Vielen Dank für eure Geduld! Euer Motorola-Team

Translated to english:

Love RAZR HD and i RAZR owners, we are pleased to inform us the following news with you: You will receive your long awaited update in early October, starting with the update for RAZR HD and soon after that for all i RAZR users. Once they are rolled out, we will announce it on this page, so check back from time to time over again! Thank you for your patience! Your Motorola team
    Ok folks, it's time to show some tears of happiness. I found this on a Brazilian Motorola's post about Moto X

Captura_de_tela_de_2013_11_03_22_11_03.png

I'll translate it:
    Some guy say:
    "I'm waiting the Razr I update to Android 4.2"

And Motorola Brasil replies:
    "Fabrício, keep calm. The Razr I will be updated, but to a version above Jellybean. We will post more informations as soon we have it"

Here is the post link: www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=101...5.140871914508&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

This surely make my day