[Guide][i9505] Fix Time Loss on Reboot
This is for anyone facing issues with their phone reverting back to 1/1/1970 01:00 everytime they reboot.
I had this issue and went nuts trying to find the solution including going back to total stock but it was still present.
The fix is actually quite simple and will clear the phone CMOS chip (no data will be lost and there is no need to perform a factory reset)
Simply perform the following steps:
1) Turn off phone normalls
2) remove the battery
3) leave the phone out of the battery for at least 12 hours - I had to leave mine for about 16 hours before it worked
4) when you are ready to power it on press the power button WITHOUT the battery in place to discharge any remaining charge in the phone
5) bootup straight into android, dont go into recovary.
6) the date in android should default to 1/1/2000
7) set the correct time and date and it will stick when rebooting
8) I suggest you use the fantastic PhilZ Touch Recovary
His latest version has a fix in place that should stop this bug from happening again!
Hope this helps you all!
Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505
Omega Rom V13 (Android 4.3)
Asus Transformer Prime TF201 (C40K), Hairybean ROM - Stock Jellybean 4.2.1
& HTC Sensation - Retired
Sign up for Copy for 15GB of free lifetime space! use this link and get an extra 5GB bonus! Thats 20Gb for you!