T989 USB Port DEAD

Search This thread

klau1

Jan 1, 2008
When I plug my handset to ANY computer (with, without kies or drivers, it doesn't matter) the phone charges, but, nothing appears on the computer (no unknown device or recognizing the two drives of the phone, but not mounting them (as it did before)) on the phone.

The "USB" icon doesn't prompt and if I go to settings/wireless and network/ USB utilities, when I touch the USB mass storage button, it prompts me to connect cable, which is already connected.

-USB debug isn't activated (I've tried both)

When my phone is powered off and I start to charge it, the charging screen doesn't prompts, It just start booting.

I've tried different USB Cables.

The Phone is Official Stock Never Rooted (I discovered this trying to root it today)

Am I SOL if I want to root it without a working USB Data port?

Any ideas?

Last edited:

mr1ncred1ble

May 1, 2010
chiraq
Google Pixel 2
Razer Phone 2
i would say make sure there's no dust/ buildup in the port. I had connection issues once to find a pocket lint cramed in there. next do all the other stuff. uninstall/reinstall drivers, diff usb port, diff pc, reboot. My symptoms were similar to yours but i was able to reboot into recovery/bootloader and use adb/fastboot no prob, so not sure. and I was already rooted/twrp recovery. might be worth it to try fastboot in bootloader just to be sure and get a recovery on it asap. If that works you should be able to recover stock or flash whatever, then test usb again in diff pc with fresh kies install. good luck.

Almite

Mar 24, 2013
Amazon Fire TV
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Sounds like bad/improper USB cables to me, not all USB cables support data and charging, make sure you're using an official Samsung USB cable.
If you have a friend with a Samsung smart phone ask to try their cable.