5,597,138 Members 43,957 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android 4.4 KitKat default Google apps

Tip us?

arsradu
Old
(Last edited by arsradu; 1st November 2013 at 08:41 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2675

DONATE TO ME
Default Android 4.4 KitKat default Google apps

Hey guys!
Wanna feel the KitKat? There is an article here for those of you who can't wait for a more or less official release of this OS. Download links can also be found below.

DownloadsDisclaimer: I didn't test any of those apps. I just posted them in case you want to try them. So Install them at your own risk! Make a nandroid backup before installing any of those apps! No kidding! Do it! I'm not responsible for any damage that you might do to your phone by not taking preliminary precautions.

Source: http://www.droid-life.com
Credits: http://www.droid-life.com
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to arsradu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Prodromodinverno
Old
Thanks Meter 16
No way to have transparent status bar in cm10.2?

Inviato dal mio GT-I8150 utilizzando Tapatalk

arsradu
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2675

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodromodinverno View Post
No way to have transparent status bar in cm10.2?

Inviato dal mio GT-I8150 utilizzando Tapatalk
Not sure what does cm10.2 have to do with Android 4.4 and its default Google apps but no, no transparent status bar in cm10.2 unless cm team adds it to the source code.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

artu72
Old
(Last edited by artu72; 2nd November 2013 at 01:11 PM.) Reason: mismatch.
Thanks Meter 23
Everything is fine on CM 10.2 Alpha3, except the clock that I cannot install. It seems that the camera does not longer show green artifacts in portrait mode.

7amdoun
Old
Thanks Meter 193
The launcher is not optimised for our screen resolution. It needs some work.

arsradu
Old
(Last edited by arsradu; 2nd November 2013 at 03:16 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2675

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7amdoun View Post
The launcher is not optimised for our screen resolution. It needs some work.
))))) Could you please define "not optimized"? If you're referring to the icon size, for as far as I know, the default icon size has been increased so you will have slightly bigger icons. And that's intended. And also, you understand that these are the default apps made by Google and if you're not satisfied with them you can file a complaint to Google since no one else will fix that, right?
The Following User Says Thank You to arsradu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

7amdoun
Old
Thanks Meter 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsradu View Post
))))) Could you please define "not optimized"? And also, you understand that these are the default apps made by Google and if you're not satisfied with them you can file a complaint to Google since no one else will fix that, right?
I mean the app drawer has 5 rows and 5 columns which is too much for our small screen.
Also, the icons on the home screen are small and have big margins around them. (DPI issue)

This apk was probably taken from a phone with a bigger screen and higher resolution. Thats all I meant.

I'm really looking forward to a kitkat AOSP or CM release for our wonder.

arsradu
Old
(Last edited by arsradu; 2nd November 2013 at 03:21 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2675

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I mean the app drawer has 5 rows and 5 columns which is too much for our small screen.
Also, the icons on the home screen are small and have big margins around them. (DPI issue)

This apk was probably taken from a phone with a bigger screen and higher resolution. Thats all I meant.

Would you mind taking and sharing some screenshots? I'm just curious how bad really looks like.

And yeah, you're most likely right about the apk being ripped from a bigger screen phone. It's been only released to the nexuses so far and...I don't think any of those receiving it right now is under 720p...

artu72
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:

I do not find it so bad... I like it (5x5)

arsradu
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2675

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by artu72 View Post
I do not find it so bad... I like it (5x5)
) I didn't try it on Ancora yet. But I did try it on Serrano and it looks quite beautiful. That's why I was so curious about how does it look on an Ancora device. Also, I loooove the new features like Google Search and the keyboard and the new Hangouts with SMS support and the way the launcher manages the homescreens. Absolutely beautiful. There are still a few apps that won't work perfectly (at least not from this source) most likely due to missing libs but still it's enough to make an idea of what's gonna hopefully land for Ancora as well in the upcoming months.