5,595,067 Members 40,765 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

DFT-Cotulla's Development Thread

Tip us?

Cotulla
Old
(Last edited by the_scotsman; 5th November 2013 at 01:19 AM.)
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 5411
Arrow DFT-Cotulla's Development Thread

Hello, hihihi

I am Cotulla, member of DFT team, probably some of you already know me by older projects related with famous HTC HD2 (Leo).
Nowdays HTC Leo become too old , while hardware abilties are growing very fast nowdays
(huh, already phones with 64 bit CPUs and 4 Gb RAM? Wtf my old PC from 2008 has 4 Gb ram too)

So I decided to switch hobby phone, finally I got HTC One 64Gb (thank all contributors),
so I am with you now

I am not sure about developement goals,
I am doing it for fun, but probably it will be something like:
1)Oldschool WM61/65 port
2)Windows RT and/or Windows Phone 8
3)Own bootloader
Ofcourse I no idea about port quality - things like ultrapixel camera can be impossible to bring up.
But it's hobby, not attempt to do a work instead of a big company.

I am already started to work on MAGLDR for HTC One.
Then I am planning to bring UEFI up.

Will keep community in sync about development status.
Releases are going to be more often.

About different models support: there are many different HTC One revisions around, I will try to support as much as possible of them.
It seems S-OFF is mandatory requirement.

As well as I have question to One Android developers and need some kind of support:

I am going to divide the biggest "userdata" partition to grab a space for another OS.
userdata it seems is EXT4 formatted.
I don't want to modify primary GPT (at eMMC sector 0) to minimize ability to brick device.

My current idea is a hack inside Linux GPT parser to replace userdata partition bounds.
In such scheme Linux kernel must be modifed to use MAGLDR / another OS.

But I don't know how Android will like unformatted userdata partition. Anyone knows?
Or maybe someone can suggest better scheme?
The Following 280 Users Say Thank You to Cotulla For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HD2Owner
Old
(Last edited by HD2Owner; 4th November 2013 at 04:00 PM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1977

DONATE TO ME
very nice. looking forward to your impressive work.

@ mods: reserved post for future modifications etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cotulla.jpg
Views:	22362
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	2370910  
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to HD2Owner For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

-W_O_L_F-
Old
Thanks Meter 450
Maybe kexec can be used for kernel/BL start.

Cotulla
Old
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 5411
Quote:
Originally Posted by -W_O_L_F- View Post
Maybe kexec can be used for kernel/BL start.
I am using fastboot boot now for testing MAGLDR. Later MAGLDR should be flashed as boot.img and android kernel will go to another place...
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Cotulla For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Shan89
Old
Thanks Meter 2250
All I can say is I'm proud to own same device as you do , for more info you're looking for i would suggest you to ask flar2 ( kernel dev ) , n3cortX ( also kernel dev ) or tbladen I'm sure they'll be happy to help you out with informations you seek for.

Anyway good luck with your development ! , looking forward to use it and hopefully one day load w8 as dual boot on the one !

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
HTC One X - The ultimate guide for battery life + performance[accurate UV values CPU & GPU, GPU OC/UC, EMC Oc(ram) safe freqs][PMC v8 setup for extreme battery and PMC v8 for performance FOR EVERYONE with SMARTMAX governor][SetCPU Guide/ Profiles SENSE & AOSP]-Updated 15.5.2013

Xperia Z1 PORT - App/Launcher/Widgets/Keyboard - ALL DEVICES

matt95
Old
(Last edited by matt95; 2nd November 2013 at 07:27 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2292

DONATE TO ME
That sounds good i trust your "Elite Recognized Developer" thing

Wait but, UEFI? also here on phones?

By the way HTC will hate you, they have big economic issues and from now on nobody will buy new HTCs again LoL

Donate and support my studies at the MIT University! Unruu HTC RUUs | Setup Android Development Environment on Ubuntu | Decrypt HTC RUUs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matt95 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Samuelgames
Old
Thanks Meter 7
This is awesome, I know it's too early to ask this but do you plan to port this to the HTC MSM8960 series devices (One S, One XL, Evo 4G LTE)? Hardware wise they are almost indentical to the One

Guich
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2933

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuelgames View Post
This is awesome, I know it's too early to ask this but do you plan to port this to the HTC MSM8960 series devices (One S, One XL, Evo 4G LTE)? Hardware wise they are almost indentical to the One
Mate, he need a device for this.
And, personally, the hardware isn't the same, the partition aren't the same so it's a bit impossible port it, above all without device...
Finally, this project require time
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guich For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

YamazakiRobert
Old
Thanks Meter 22
@Cotulla

in the partition layout why not start from mmcblk0p34 to mmcblk0p37?

the_scotsman
Old
Assistant Forum Admin / Moderator Committee / Haggis Muncher
Thanks Meter 8410
Location: NSW, Australia Likes: Anything alcoholic or caffeinated

DONATE TO ME
This is fantastic news! I used your work on the HD2 for a LONG time! very excited to see what can be done! WP8 on the HTC One would be excellent!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to the_scotsman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe