ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[REVIEW] COD iONIC Screen Protector - Anti-Glare vs Ultra Crystal

OP Mr_Armageddon

2nd November 2013, 08:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 85

237 posts
More
Hey Guys. Went ahead and purchased both the Anti-Glare and the Ultra Clear version of the COD iONIC screen protector for our Note 10.1 (2014 ed). Following prices are on Amazon as of Nov 1, 2013:

COD Screen Protector Film Matte (Anti-Glare) for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Tablet (3-pack) - $4.85 (+$3.85 shipping)
COD Screen Protector Film Clear (Invisible) for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Tablet (3-pack) - $9.85 (free shipping with Prime)

I took a few up close pics with my DSLR to compare text clarity, and also have a video review to compare in addition to clarity, light diffusion, and how they work with the S Pen. Also did a video to better compare not only text clarity, but also light diffusion, and to show how well the S Pen works with each.

After using both of these protectors you really can't go wrong with either one. But if you plan on using the S Pen a lot, go with Ultra Crystal and you will be happy. If you want to see these pictures in higher resolution, checkout the source images on my Project Log.
Mr. Armageddon's Project Log

I'm going to keep both of these protectors on for the next few days, so if you guys have any questions, let me know.

EDIT: One thing I forgot to note, the Anti-glare also does a good job hiding finger prints, whereas the Ultra Clear is a finger print magnet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_7142s.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	2365878   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_7145s.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	2365879   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_7148s.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	2365880  
Last edited by Mr_Armageddon; 2nd November 2013 at 08:38 AM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mr_Armageddon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd November 2013, 08:40 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 65

156 posts
More
Nice Review!

I also installed a matte anti glare screen protector. The brand is kwmobile but the cutouts look awfully similar to the ones on the video.
Regarding the s-pen. I replaced the rubbery tip with the plastic one (those were provided with the tabled). This actually gives great pencil and paper feel and does not feel tacky at all.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4
2nd November 2013, 08:43 AM   |  #3  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 12

196 posts
More
I've been looking for some screen protector reviews thanks for this.

Sent from my 2014 Note 10.1
2nd November 2013, 08:59 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 85

237 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiterlix

Nice Review!

I also installed a matte anti glare screen protector. The brand is kwmobile but the cutouts look awfully similar to the ones on the video.
Regarding the s-pen. I replaced the rubbery tip with the plastic one (those were provided with the tabled). This actually gives great pencil and paper feel and does not feel tacky at all.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4

Totally forgot about those other tips. The larger S Pen I have also came with those. I will swap them out and see how it compares. Thanks!
3rd November 2013, 03:57 AM   |  #5  
Flag Rowlett, TX
Thanks Meter: 0

25 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Armageddon

Hey Guys. Went ahead and purchased both the Anti-Glare and the Ultra Clear version of the COD iONIC screen protector for our Note 10.1 (2014 ed). Following prices are on Amazon as of Nov 1, 2013:

COD Screen Protector Film Matte (Anti-Glare) for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Tablet (3-pack) - $4.85 (+$3.85 shipping)
COD Screen Protector Film Clear (Invisible) for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Tablet (3-pack) - $9.85 (free shipping with Prime)

I took a few up close pics with my DSLR to compare text clarity, and also have a video review to compare in addition to clarity, light diffusion, and how they work with the S Pen. Also did a video to better compare not only text clarity, but also light diffusion, and to show how well the S Pen works with each.

After using both of these protectors you really can't go wrong with either one. But if you plan on using the S Pen a lot, go with Ultra Crystal and you will be happy. If you want to see these pictures in higher resolution, checkout the source images on my Project Log.
Mr. Armageddon's Project Log

I'm going to keep both of these protectors on for the next few days, so if you guys have any questions, let me know.

EDIT: One thing I forgot to note, the Anti-glare also does a good job hiding finger prints, whereas the Ultra Clear is a finger print magnet.

Thanks, I just ordered both of these last week to see which one I would like better. After listening to your review, I will probably go with the anti glare.
4th November 2013, 04:32 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 9

234 posts
I ordered the invisible one on amazon last week, but when i got it i think its an anti-glare. i dont have the package with me today but im pretty sure it said "anti" on it. ill look tonight.
5th November 2013, 01:26 AM   |  #7  
Flag Lakeland
Thanks Meter: 43

141 posts
More
Just installed mine today. It's the crystal clear version. Looks perfect. Can't even tell there is a screen protector on.

Sent from my Big 10 inch..
5th November 2013, 06:41 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 4

60 posts
what's the difference between these two?!
also it might sound I'm stupid, I have an anti-glare pair of glasses which I bought to prevent eye strain...does the anti-glare screen protector is to prevent eye strain?! or I will still need to use the glasses for reading while using the tablet?
5th November 2013, 02:39 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 9

234 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by john10101

I ordered the invisible one on amazon last week, but when i got it i think its an anti-glare. i dont have the package with me today but im pretty sure it said "anti" on it. ill look tonight.

so it says ultra clear on the front, but attached is what it says on the back. when applying it it looked like it had a little coating on it (gave it a rainbow effect) but now that its on i cant really see it, looks clear to me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20131105_083258.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	244.3 KB
ID:	2372760  
5th November 2013, 02:54 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 70

586 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by john10101

so it says ultra clear on the front, but attached is what it says on the back. when applying it it looked like it had a little coating on it (gave it a rainbow effect) but now that its on i cant really see it, looks clear to me.

I have the same rainbow effect on mine at certain angles

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
anti-glare, screen protector, ultra crystal
Previous Thread Next Thread