Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,094 Members 50,189 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REVIEW] COD iONIC Screen Protector - Anti-Glare vs Ultra Crystal

Tip us?

Mr_Armageddon
Old
(Last edited by Mr_Armageddon; 2nd November 2013 at 07:38 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 85
Default [REVIEW] COD iONIC Screen Protector - Anti-Glare vs Ultra Crystal

Hey Guys. Went ahead and purchased both the Anti-Glare and the Ultra Clear version of the COD iONIC screen protector for our Note 10.1 (2014 ed). Following prices are on Amazon as of Nov 1, 2013:

COD Screen Protector Film Matte (Anti-Glare) for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Tablet (3-pack) - $4.85 (+$3.85 shipping)
COD Screen Protector Film Clear (Invisible) for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Tablet (3-pack) - $9.85 (free shipping with Prime)

I took a few up close pics with my DSLR to compare text clarity, and also have a video review to compare in addition to clarity, light diffusion, and how they work with the S Pen. Also did a video to better compare not only text clarity, but also light diffusion, and to show how well the S Pen works with each.

After using both of these protectors you really can't go wrong with either one. But if you plan on using the S Pen a lot, go with Ultra Crystal and you will be happy. If you want to see these pictures in higher resolution, checkout the source images on my Project Log.
Mr. Armageddon's Project Log

I'm going to keep both of these protectors on for the next few days, so if you guys have any questions, let me know.

EDIT: One thing I forgot to note, the Anti-glare also does a good job hiding finger prints, whereas the Ultra Clear is a finger print magnet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_7142s.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	2365878   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_7145s.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	2365879   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_7148s.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	2365880  
Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 ★ Rooted, Wicked v4★
Current Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014ed) 32GB ★ Rooted, CleanROM v2★
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mr_Armageddon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

uiterlix
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Nice Review!

I also installed a matte anti glare screen protector. The brand is kwmobile but the cutouts look awfully similar to the ones on the video.
Regarding the s-pen. I replaced the rubbery tip with the plastic one (those were provided with the tabled). This actually gives great pencil and paper feel and does not feel tacky at all.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4
Samsung i9100 Galaxy S II 16GB
LPO

lordandroid
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I've been looking for some screen protector reviews thanks for this.

Sent from my 2014 Note 10.1
BBStorm>DX>DB>DRMaxx>S3>Xoom LTE>N7>N7 2013>S4> (All Retired)

Daily Driver: Galaxy S5 on ATT
Tablets: Tab S 8.4 & GN 10.1 2014 ed.

Mr_Armageddon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiterlix View Post
Nice Review!

I also installed a matte anti glare screen protector. The brand is kwmobile but the cutouts look awfully similar to the ones on the video.
Regarding the s-pen. I replaced the rubbery tip with the plastic one (those were provided with the tabled). This actually gives great pencil and paper feel and does not feel tacky at all.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4
Totally forgot about those other tips. The larger S Pen I have also came with those. I will swap them out and see how it compares. Thanks!
Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 ★ Rooted, Wicked v4★
Current Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014ed) 32GB ★ Rooted, CleanROM v2★

Frazior
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Armageddon View Post
Hey Guys. Went ahead and purchased both the Anti-Glare and the Ultra Clear version of the COD iONIC screen protector for our Note 10.1 (2014 ed). Following prices are on Amazon as of Nov 1, 2013:

COD Screen Protector Film Matte (Anti-Glare) for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Tablet (3-pack) - $4.85 (+$3.85 shipping)
COD Screen Protector Film Clear (Invisible) for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Tablet (3-pack) - $9.85 (free shipping with Prime)

I took a few up close pics with my DSLR to compare text clarity, and also have a video review to compare in addition to clarity, light diffusion, and how they work with the S Pen. Also did a video to better compare not only text clarity, but also light diffusion, and to show how well the S Pen works with each.

After using both of these protectors you really can't go wrong with either one. But if you plan on using the S Pen a lot, go with Ultra Crystal and you will be happy. If you want to see these pictures in higher resolution, checkout the source images on my Project Log.
Mr. Armageddon's Project Log

I'm going to keep both of these protectors on for the next few days, so if you guys have any questions, let me know.

EDIT: One thing I forgot to note, the Anti-glare also does a good job hiding finger prints, whereas the Ultra Clear is a finger print magnet.
Thanks, I just ordered both of these last week to see which one I would like better. After listening to your review, I will probably go with the anti glare.

john10101
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I ordered the invisible one on amazon last week, but when i got it i think its an anti-glare. i dont have the package with me today but im pretty sure it said "anti" on it. ill look tonight.

neevz
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Just installed mine today. It's the crystal clear version. Looks perfect. Can't even tell there is a screen protector on.

Sent from my Big 10 inch..

swamks
Old
Thanks Meter 4
what's the difference between these two?!
also it might sound I'm stupid, I have an anti-glare pair of glasses which I bought to prevent eye strain...does the anti-glare screen protector is to prevent eye strain?! or I will still need to use the glasses for reading while using the tablet?

john10101
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by john10101 View Post
I ordered the invisible one on amazon last week, but when i got it i think its an anti-glare. i dont have the package with me today but im pretty sure it said "anti" on it. ill look tonight.
so it says ultra clear on the front, but attached is what it says on the back. when applying it it looked like it had a little coating on it (gave it a rainbow effect) but now that its on i cant really see it, looks clear to me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20131105_083258.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	244.3 KB
ID:	2372760  

ChrisNee1988
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by john10101 View Post
so it says ultra clear on the front, but attached is what it says on the back. when applying it it looked like it had a little coating on it (gave it a rainbow effect) but now that its on i cant really see it, looks clear to me.
I have the same rainbow effect on mine at certain angles

Tags
anti-glare, screen protector, ultra crystal