When was our I9000 th fastest (which ROM)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

pavana

Feb 4, 2007
I am enjoying different mods and new devlopments, but using yesterday evening S4 mini, I asked myself this question:
The Moment I hit an Icon (.z.B.) Whatsapp, ´the window Comes up and I have tried it on my I9000 and it takes ca. 5-10 sec.)

Obiously, newer Versions have aditional functons, but:

Which Firmware or Developer Version since I9000 came to market was the fastest, in your opinion, "FOR SIMPLE USE: TEXTING; WHATSAPP; MAPS, LIVESCORES; ETC.???

Thanks for all your comments.

Pavana

zeus2602

Dec 31, 2010
Wels
Hmmm CM 9 was quiet fast.

I am currently using 10.2, and yes you have to be patience when you opening up some apps.

But i hope android 4.4 will run smooth again, then i only buy a new battery, if not, i buy a new phone. (But there is still no better phone for me :), or a phone where i would say->this is a must have)

ElmirBuljubasic

Feb 9, 2012
I am enjoying different mods and new devlopments, but using yesterday evening S4 mini, I asked myself this question:
The Moment I hit an Icon (.z.B.) Whatsapp, ´the window Comes up and I have tried it on my I9000 and it takes ca. 5-10 sec.)

Which Firmware or Developer Version since I9000 came to market was the fastest, in your opinion, "FOR SIMPLE USE: TEXTING; WHATSAPP; MAPS, LIVESCORES; ETC.???

Pavana

Wrong section. Wrong question. There is no Fastest rom! it doesnt exist. If you install any rom, it will be fast for a day then it will lag. ANY!

Reactions: Nitro_123

pavana

Feb 4, 2007
So which section would you suggest? It is about development of ROMs and I am simply asking users of I9000 to give their opinion about their experience regarding
the Speed of app start or Overall Speed. It does not matter if it is a Cyanogen of Firmware based ROM.

But thanks for responding.

Best regards,
Pavana

Last edited:

pavana

Feb 4, 2007
So which section would you suggest? It is about development of ROMs and I am simply asking users of I9000 to give their opinion about their experience regarding
the Speed of app start or Overall Speed.

But thanks for responding.

Best regards,
Pavana

pavana

Feb 4, 2007
8 apps (Whatsapp, Goodplayer Pro, Maps, Gmail, Öffi (traffic info online), Swype, Wetter.com, Yourmuze)
NO games whatsoever.

When I want to opien Whatsapp, it takes ca. 10 seconds of White Screen before the app appears on the Screen, with other apps it is the same case.
After they start, the usage of These apps is not so problematic (I mighnt not be noticing difference as i am used to use only I9000).

Other than Basic installed apps by the Installation zip file, only Whatsapp, Swype and Wetter.com are starting automatically and run continuously.

Once again : thanks for all and every opinion/suggestions.

Pavana

malybru

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 16, 2006
London
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Mod Edit

"Best" or "Fastest" ROM/kernel threads are not allowed on XDA.
Please test these things for yourself.
This is the only way you will get an unbiased opinion,and then, you can decide for yourself if it meets YOUR needs.

Thread Closed

malybru
Forum Moderator

Reactions: ts1506 and Occasus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mod Edit

"Best" or "Fastest" ROM/kernel threads are not allowed on XDA.
    Please test these things for yourself.
    This is the only way you will get an unbiased opinion,and then, you can decide for yourself if it meets YOUR needs.

Thread Closed

malybru
    Forum Moderator

Pavana

Wrong section. Wrong question. There is no Fastest rom! it doesnt exist. If you install any rom, it will be fast for a day then it will lag. ANY!