Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,000 Members 49,149 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][MOD]Hangouts v2.0 VZW

Tip us?

renzo.olivares
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 16,218

DONATE TO ME
Default [APP][MOD]Hangouts v2.0 VZW

Title says it all it's the hangouts 2.0 app modified so that MMS for verizon actually works, I just added verizon's apn's back to the apns.xml in /res/xml/apns.xml because google left them out......

heres the link to the app: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23203820527945732

for some reason i can't get it to install just by pressing install. i had to remove the hangouts/talk app....and then had to use es file explorer to move the modded hangouts app to /system/app/ then it worked. but yea i can finally send mms now
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to renzo.olivares For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ickedmel
Old
Thanks Meter 215
What are your guys thoughts on hangouts using as sms instead of sense sms ?

Sent from my dlx using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

renzo.olivares
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 16,218

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ickedmel View Post

i'm using it right now, multipart sms is all i'm missing other than that i like the UI better of hangouts
The Following User Says Thank You to renzo.olivares For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PrimeMinister91
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ickedmel View Post

It's definitely better than CM's built in messenger.
The Following User Says Thank You to PrimeMinister91 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

volfan22
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelZ9614 View Post
Title says it all it's the hangouts 2.0 app modified so that MMS for verizon actually works, I just added verizon's apn's back to the apns.xml in /res/xml/apns.xml because google left them out......

heres the link to the app: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23203820527945732

for some reason i can't get it to install just by pressing install. i had to remove the hangouts/talk app....and then had to use es file explorer to move the modded hangouts app to /system/app/ then it worked. but yea i can finally send mms now
I am running Crdroid 4.3 and I couldn't get it to work using your instructions. Just force closes every time I open the app.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Johnson90512
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelZ9614 View Post

I moved it there, but how do I use it once its been moved?

0p3nsrc
Old
(Last edited by 0p3nsrc; 5th November 2013 at 04:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 160

DONATE TO ME
I saw your post, and thought "maybe I could inject Straight Talk's APN info in, and get MMS working too!" ... I can't even compile the APK through APKTool. I keep getting errors about no resource with given name... Decompile worked, but compilation didn't. Did you use anything special to recompile the APK once you edited /res/xml/apns.xml?
Any fool can use a computer. Many do. Thank you to all the fools out there: you're my job security! (^.^)

"Android is like MacGyver: a little rough around the edges, but given the right tools, it can do anything!"

Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-i337 running SHOStock-i
Asus Transformer TF700T running CROMBI-KK
Amazon Fire TV: rooted, with FiredTV launcher and XBMC.

Johnson90512
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0p3nsrc View Post
I saw your post, and thought "maybe I could inject Straight Talk's APN info in, and get MMS working too!" ... I can't even compile the APK through APKTool. I keep getting errors about no resource with given name...Decompile worked, but compilation worked. Did you use anything special to recompile the APK once you edited /res/xml/apns.xml?
We're you able to get this installed? I can't for the life of me figure out how, no matter what I do, it doesn't work.

0p3nsrc
Old
Thanks Meter 160

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitlres Jewtopia View Post
We're you able to get this installed? I can't for the life of me figure out how, no matter what I do, it doesn't work.
I need to get recompilation to work before I can install it... Unfortunately, I don't know what I'm missing as to why I get the resource not found errors.
Any fool can use a computer. Many do. Thank you to all the fools out there: you're my job security! (^.^)

"Android is like MacGyver: a little rough around the edges, but given the right tools, it can do anything!"

Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-i337 running SHOStock-i
Asus Transformer TF700T running CROMBI-KK
Amazon Fire TV: rooted, with FiredTV launcher and XBMC.

Johnson90512
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0p3nsrc View Post
I need to get recompilation to work before I can install it... Unfortunately, I don't know what I'm missing as to why I get the resource not found errors.
Dang, I was hopeful. I wish I could help you.