Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,116 Members 46,282 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy S backup and restore went wrong

Tip us?

oceanjal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Galaxy S backup and restore went wrong

I tried installing cyanogenmod on to my phone. Got a bootloop so I took the battery out and put it back in. I tried restore my phone back to its previous state. All that did was switch my recovery. Im now using Semaphore CM recovery and my internal sd card wont mount. My micro-sd card does not mount either. Also I cannot enter download mode. My pc recognizes that my phone is plugged into the computer, but it wont mount either. Help?

xsenman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2199
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanjal View Post
I tried installing cyanogenmod on to my phone. Got a bootloop so I took the battery out and put it back in. I tried restore my phone back to its previous state. All that did was switch my recovery. Im now using Semaphore CM recovery and my internal sd card wont mount. My micro-sd card does not mount either. Also I cannot enter download mode. My pc recognizes that my phone is plugged into the computer, but it wont mount either. Help?
Use Solutions in My Android Solutions, Link below, to get download mode and you can recover by using a i9000 rescue kit from My Android Collections, link below or flash a JVU Gingerbread like this

Check this out! You , YES! you are an " Android ". Not your phone but U.

tetakpatak
Old
(Last edited by tetakpatak; 4th November 2013 at 10:30 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1486
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanjal View Post
You probably didn't wipe trice, so you've reached the bootload lands.

The first thing CyanogenMod ZIP has done in your phone was updating its CWM recovery to 6.xxx Nandroid backup files made by earlier version of CWM recovery can't be restored with other CWM version (for example you can't restore in CWM 6.0.3.5 backup image made by CWM 2.5.1.2, or by 4xxx or 5xxx versions). The same rule is for nandroid backups made with different ROMs or kernels: they are NOT RESTORABLE accross diferent ROMs or kernels. You should always flash first your ROM and kernel used to create nandroid backup image, and after that restore your nandroid backup. Then it works.

You should be able to reach download mode now nevertheless.... try to reach it according to android solutions by xsenman.