Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,629 Members 41,432 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] how to update to mj6

Tip us?

berju
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default [Q] how to update to mj6

Hello, i'm on branded orange mi7 french and would like to unbranded and install last mj6 from england.
So is it possible to unbranded and update without knox 01?
To after root with vroot.
Thanks

sohebq
Old
Thanks Meter 523
Nope sorry. Mj6 will trip the counter. You can still try installing from sammobile and dont root it.

Sent from Note 3 (The beauty & beast)

patrick92260
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I went from mj3 malaysian xme to Britain btu mj6 thru Odin and it did not trip my flash counter

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ultramag69
Old
Thanks Meter 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick92260 View Post
I went from mj3 malaysian xme to Britain btu mj6 thru Odin and it did not trip my flash counter

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
That's right, but try to root it.... You now have the new bootloaders that trip when you root, and if something goes wrong forget using Kies 3 to fix as the newest firmware Malaysia has to date is MJ1, the old bootloader.... Welcome to bootloopssville, population - You....
If You Disagree Or Think I'm Wrong, Look Closer At My Avatar...

gnadenlos
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by berju View Post
Hello, i'm on branded orange mi7 french and would like to unbranded and install last mj6 from england.
So is it possible to unbranded and update without knox 01?
To after root with vroot.
Thanks
I don't know about the branded version, but I succeeded in flashing MJ6-BTU on my french XEF phone. Root is working - Knox is 0x0.

Universal RDLV is able to create the system.img.ext4 and cache.img.ext4 files, but you have to include some other files from the Samsung tar.md5 file or camera and WLAN will be broken. DO NOT include the *.mbn files - DO NOT include the unmodified system.img.ext4 - this would result in Knox 0x1.
The Following User Says Thank You to gnadenlos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

berju
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadenlos View Post
I don't know about the branded version, but I succeeded in flashing MJ6-BTU on my french XEF phone. Root is working - Knox is 0x0.

Universal RDLV is able to create the system.img.ext4 and cache.img.ext4 files, but you have to include some other files from the Samsung tar.md5 file or camera and WLAN will be broken. DO NOT include the *.mbn files - DO NOT include the unmodified system.img.ext4 - this would result in Knox 0x1.
Hello do you flash a rdlv version or a non modified one?

RavenY2K3
Old
Thanks Meter 356
The safest way to go up (providing you currently have nothing higher than MJ1), is to create a URDLV Firmware, to keep the old boot loader.

Then flash the modem and NON-HLOS file from the original Samsung tar file.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Current Device: Galaxy Note III SM-N9005, Note 8.0 GT-N5100 & Galaxy Camera EK-GC100

Retired but still own: Galaxy Note II, Dell Streak

Used to own:Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000 - Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500 - Galaxy Note GT-N7000 - - HTC Touch Pro 2 - Samsung Galaxy SII - HTC Desire - MDA Vario III - HTC Hermes (MDA Vario II) - Raphael - HTC Touch Pro -
HTC Wizard (MDA Vario) - O2 XDA IIi - HTC Magician (MDA Compact)
The Following User Says Thank You to RavenY2K3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gnadenlos
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Hello do you flash a rdlv version or a non modified one?
You flash a RDLV version, but you have to add some additional files from the Samsung firmware. At least you have to add NON-HLOS and modem, but in my case this wasn't enough, so I built a new .tar.md5 file with almost everything. The only files I didn't include were the *.mbn files. System+Cache from the RDLV tar.md5, the rest from the Samsung tar.md5 file.
The Following User Says Thank You to gnadenlos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

berju
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Can i flash mj1 With odin without knox01 and after flash rdlv mj6 or mj7
Thanks

geek78
Old
Thanks Meter 147
Quote:
Can i flash mj1 With odin without knox01 and after flash rdlv mj6 or mj7
Thanks
Start by reading this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...487916&page=10 at post 93

You will understand how to create your UK MJ7 firmware unbranded and rooted. Don't flash a newer firmware than MJ1 to keep the old bootloader and don't use kingoapp or vroot .... They use an exploit which won't exist anymore when samsung will decide it ! You will be happy to have the old bootloader at this moment ...
geek78
SGN GT-N5100 White - SGN SM-N9005 Black

The Following User Says Thank You to geek78 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]